It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'UFO' races past passenger jet shocking locals.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I knew I seen this type aircraft before

scrool down to video and jump to about 1"00 minute mark

case solved

michaelstvtray.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: homers1226

case solved

michaelstvtray.com...

I don't think the shaped of the object as it appears in the OP's video when they zoom in is not relevant. The zooming + resolution +overexposure of the object would artificially create geometric shapes from the pixels.

That is to say, the shape we see in the zoomed part of the video is not necessarily the true shape of the object.

edit on 22/3/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: horatio321

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: horatio321

You may have been right - except that the object as it passes the contrail is clearly behind the trail, not in front of it. Watch the video.

Huh?

I don't get what you are saying.

I watched the video,

Its perceived that it starts behind and ends up in front, the object in question

a Few are saying its above or level with plane making the contrail

Logic tell me its lower and only seems faster because of perspective.

If the UFO is below the aircraft leaving the contrails, one shouldn't be able to see the contrail between the camera and the ufo.

Are you saying we necessarily CAN see contrail between the object and the camera?

I've looked closely, but don't think this video is high enough quality to be able to discern that contrail is visible between the "UFO" and the camera. I can't tell which is closer, but if I were to guess, I think the one not leaving a contrail is closer.

So, It still could be two planes: one farther away from the camera leaving a contrail, and one closer to the camera and not leaving a contrail. And if the two planes were far enough away from each other (which I think is the case), the closer plane would appear to be moving relatively faster because it is closer to the camera.

From what I've seen of the 480 resolution video (which appears to be compressed) in spite of the 4:2:0 sub-sampling, I watched the video at 0.25 speed.

In the earlier part of the video, where the UFO is aft of the aircraft, there are a few frames where you can see the contrail is between the UFO and the camera lens. Check around the 45 second mark - the contrail is clearly obscuring the UFO. Both the aircraft and the UFO reflect more light than the contrail, so as the contrail gets between the UFO and the lens, we see less light.

This IMO means the UFO is higher than the aircraft. The UFO is most likely another aircraft but is flying in air that is not favourable to leaving contrails.

The zoomed in portion of the video is curious. I can't be sure, but the resolution looks inconsistent - like layers of different resolutions mixed together?
edit on 2232018 by horatio321 because: added the time to watch the video

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: homers1226

case solved

michaelstvtray.com...

I don't think the shaped of the object as it appears in the OP's video when they zoom in is not relevant. The zooming + resolution +overexposure of the object would artificially create geometric shapes from the pixels.

That is to say, the shape we see in the zoomed part of the video is not necessarily the true shape of the object.

You're absolutely right - the shape of the object is created as an artifact of digital zoom.

Likewise, we see similar issues with videos of stars zoomed in where we see the shape of the aperture/iris rather than the star. Often diamond shaped.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: horatio321

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

a reply to: seagull

That was a digital zoom.

Since when does digital zoom increase image clarity?

This is at least a viable clip for discussion. If it's fake they did a good job of not going too crazy with the special effects.

It didn't. It created a lens flare.

No - there isn't lens flare - but in the video it looks like when they edited the video, they zoomed in on just one frame and paused it briefly so you could see the detail. Unless both the UFO and the Aircraft both paused motionless in flight.....

I did see the digital zoom and the still portion.

I also saw a lens flare and heavy pixilation.

You did? Where about's in the video was that then? Because I watched it at 0.25 speed and didn't see a lens flare...

Lens Flare

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
My thoughts:

If both have human operators, which is what I suspect, the one in the UFO was displaying his knowledge of the blind spot right behind the jet in its exhaust which another jet cant do. Not unless its a tanker with its engines on the wings that spit their exhaust away from whats behind and below the tail.

The lead aircraft was probably not a fighter. I think you can see it banking when its overtaken and 4 engines are visible. I doubt those were missiles on a smaller jet. They were really far away.

If the UFO was extraterrestrial, then it is on friendly terms with us and practicing war exercises with our conventional aircraft.

IMO if thats the case, then this might be some sort of refueling of exotic tech using mercury or some other metal (just a guess could be anything) sprayed into the air as a kind of floating gas station in the atmosphere itself.

It does seem like both aircraft were aware of each other.

It could just be a conventional aerial refueling of an exotic black project aircraft operated by humans, tailing a large tanker.

edit on 3 22 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
My thoughts:

If both have human operators, which is what I suspect, the one in the UFO was displaying his knowledge of the blind spot right behind the jet in its exhaust which another jet cant do. Not unless its a tanker with its engines on the wings that spit their exhaust away from whats behind and below the tail.

The lead aircraft was probably not a fighter. I think you can see it banking and 4 engines are visible. I doubt those were missiles on a smaller jet. They were really far away.

If the UFO was extraterrestrial, then it is on friendly terms with us and practicing war exercises with our conventional aircraft.

IMO if thats the case, then this might be some sort of refueling of exotic tech using mercury or some other metal (just a guess could be anything) sprayed into the air as a kind of floating gas station in the atmosphere itself.

It does seem like both aircraft were aware of each other.

It could just be a conventional areal refueling of an exotic black aircraft operated by humans tailing a large tanker.

You can rest assured that the aircraft and the UFO are aware of each other, because the UFO is most likely another aircraft, that is in controlled airspace and have a transponder and radio comms etc.

It's fairly clear that the UFO isn't directly behind the aircraft. If it was, it literally flew through the aircraft which is absurd.

As far as we can tell, the UFO and aircraft are separated by kilometers in the vertical axis - only from the camera's perspective from that particular position on the ground does it look like the UFO is flying up the aircraft's chuff.

It obviously isn't.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

It was a brief flash during the zoom.

Perhaps I'm using the wrong terminology.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Looks to me like simply another aircraft at a different altitude. Lower altitude wouldn't produce contrail. They happened to be on a similar track (airways are defined and followed by ATC) but the lower plane looked to be going faster due to the ground perspective.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno

The incident was caught on camera by a local resident of New Hampshire in the US, and appears to show what looks like a flying saucer chasing a jet, before it catches up, overtakes and speeds past the plane.

Hmm, Unless it's military dudes playing around, I'm not exactly sure what to make of it.

Thoughts?

Footage on news source

and

"UFO' races past passenger jet shocking locals."

From where did they gather the evidence to prove the locals were 'shocked'"

Is this just dramatisation given that most of the locals would likely not even seen it let alone heard it.

It seems to someone has tried to make a big story out of very little and all it does is show those who 'over market' things, in a poor light.

The more something is boosted up the more of a disappointment it usually turns out to be; and more those who engage in it destroy their own credibility.

Sorry but, that just how I see it.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

It was a brief flash during the zoom.

Perhaps I'm using the wrong terminology.

I haven't seen a flash either.

The zoom part is done using editing software, post production so to speak. Anything unusual seen during this portion of the video is likely an artifact of the image manipulation.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: davidlamb
a reply to: Deplorable

Looks to me like simply another aircraft at a different altitude. Lower altitude wouldn't produce contrail. They happened to be on a similar track (airways are defined and followed by ATC) but the lower plane looked to be going faster due to the ground perspective.

It doesn't always follow that higher air produces contrails, lower air doesn't - there are quite a few variables - temp, dew point, pressure, humidity etc.

From the video, the UFO looks to be on the other side of the contrail. This implies the aircraft is lower than the UFO. This could mean that the aircraft is still climbing and hasn't reached cruising speed. The UFO may be 1km further away but travelling twice the speed.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Yeah but check out them "chemtrails" amirite?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I also don't think the ufo is "racing" past the plane. In fact, the way it steadily (with unchanging speed) passes it by, makes one think it is a conventional aircraft. Had it sped up to "ludicrous" speed.. or stopped and moved again.. or done anything other than fly in a slow straight line, perhaps I'd think different.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
For the record, I was fired from Solar System Exploration Fleet yesterday.

Want to know why?

I cite: "(...)failed to deploy fake contrail device and refrain from making questionable movements leading to unwarranted exposure to earthling's recording devices and subsequent dissemination of the evidence within their network called 'the internet' ".

There. You guys fired me.
How do you all feel?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hi CaptainBeno,
a reply to: CaptainBeno
A close relative who is an airline captain in the US, explained an unwritten rule, of most US airlines.

Unwritten words to the effect are:

that any airline pilot who sights and reports a UFO will be immediately grounded for psychological reasons, and will likley be terminated from his employment. This unwritten rule was decided by lawyers and agreed upon by US airline CEOs. Ostensibly, passengers will refuse to fly on an airline that has a history of pilot UFO reports, because they (the passengers) will consider the pilots to be mentally unstable. Of course, as everyone knows, there's no such thing as a UFO.

On the other hand, most non-US airlines allow and encourage pilot reports of anything abnormal. And, their passengers have no problem with this.

edit on 24/3/18 by Adonsa because: spelling correction on line 5

edit on 24/3/18 by Adonsa because: same as above

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Hi CaptainBeno. This footage you posted has a wrong information.
It was not filmed on March 17, 2018, not filmed in New Hampshire,
mavi777, nowyouknow and Kristine Tarbet presented copies of the
footage recorded in Mexico city on May 1, 2017. The footage posted
by YouTube journal World of Signs in their # 10 This happens on our
Earth May 13, 2017 and by Shannon Reyes on June 20, 2017. Check
the dates. Here is the link:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Adonsa

If there is a near miss, the pilots have to report it

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
The problem is, if the lead plane was a passenger jet, a passenger jet cruises at around 550 MPH. The object following is only going slightly faster, hence the time it takes to catch the lead jet up.
Conclusion. It was another jet on the same flight path but higher or lower. Or it was a geriatric alien that hadn't put the pedal to the metal. Your choice.

Couldn't have been a geriatric alien, they didn't leave the blinker on the whole time.

Not directed at anyone in particular:
Looks like a simple video of two planes at different altitudes heading the same direction. The lower one will appear faster because of perspective.

Hold your thumb and finger apart above and behind your head and move your arm in an arc in front of you. Which digit looked like it was going faster.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ufos were rubbernecking just like we all do when we see an accident on the highway.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join