It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'UFO' races past passenger jet shocking locals.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Very cool footage, my first reaction is classified tech performing engagement manoeuvres but I am in doubt due to it being performed where public can see, so I'm ruling that out atm. CGI?, not convinced yet, not discounting it either.

Either way, it's exciting.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

The original video is from 'Nowyouknow' youtube channel.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
a reply to: SolAquarius

The original video is from 'Nowyouknow' youtube channel.

So this one here. Nothing makes me less willing to watch a video then narration by a robotic voice emulator. It seems to be a hallmark of conspiracy and ufo videos.
edit on 20-3-2018 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

This guy in Lincoln, New Hampshire has history. What he does is film the air traffic on the upper air routes to the east of Lincoln, NH. No doubt he is also observing flight tracking software looking out for the paired airliners. He then films from his porch with a poor quality camera phone and passes it off as "UFO" footage.

All he is filming are two airliners using the same upper air route but they are actually separated by thousands of feet hence one aircraft has contrails and the other doesn't

This was the one of his other footage that I was able to match up to two airliners on flight tracking software.

ATS link

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
A narrative in this depiction, event was 2016.

The narration states "7pm, April 21st, 2016 Lincoln, New Hampshire"

This is the exact same time and date for one of the filmers earlier videos that can be matched up to two airliners at different heights. I believe that this guy just sits and watches flight tracking software for paired airliners on the upper air routes over him.

edit on 20/3/2018 by tommyjo because: spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

Now that is interesting indeed? Tricky little so and so.

So that's it then yeah?
edit on 20-3-2018 by CaptainBeno because: spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jerseymilker
Watching the start of the video until the object passes the jet, the object stays right on the edge of the white trail left by the jet, that does not seem right. I have no idea what the object is, but i'm saying it's not an alien UFO. It's also strange how the person filming is moving his cell around so much trying to capture what is going on, when it should have been good enough to just hold up his cell and film tilting or turning it to follow the jet. All that movement in my mind is trying to take away from the object itself. And then the robotic voice to describe what's going on. If he were really filming such an exciting event where is his chatter and the chatter of folks standing close to him? I call hoax on this one.

Looks like lens flare to me. It is parallel to the object that is moving.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: Jerseymilker
Watching the start of the video until the object passes the jet, the object stays right on the edge of the white trail left by the jet, that does not seem right. I have no idea what the object is, but i'm saying it's not an alien UFO. It's also strange how the person filming is moving his cell around so much trying to capture what is going on, when it should have been good enough to just hold up his cell and film tilting or turning it to follow the jet. All that movement in my mind is trying to take away from the object itself. And then the robotic voice to describe what's going on. If he were really filming such an exciting event where is his chatter and the chatter of folks standing close to him? I call hoax on this one.

Looks like lens flare to me. It is parallel to the object that is moving.

It definitely looks like a trick of the light. Especially where the blob jumps out at the camera? Or was it a camera zoom? Anyway, it held no detail? It looked washed out. Just like an over exposed flash of light? And how do we know if the video was doctored in anyway? A simple reflection of light manipulated with animation software?

Anyone ever think of researching what flight was filmed. Funny nothing was reported when the object got ahead of the jet. I would think the pilots of the jet would have been very concerned about a midair collision?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This has all the signs of something unexplained. If that was a military jet, say C-130 with high tech radar and whatnot, maybe that saucer was testing it's ability to stay undetected while in close proximity. It glows, like it's got a high energy source and it's exciting the atmosphere around it. I hope it isn't fake but it is almost too good to be true.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Or a small drone was flying thousands of feet below the jet. Somebody was trying to make it look like it was flying up the contrail. The camera movement was aiding in that illusion by moving perspective. Would also explain the lack of detail when the object is zoomed on.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
This has all the signs of something unexplained. If that was a military jet, say C-130 with high tech radar and whatnot, maybe that saucer was testing it's ability to stay undetected while in close proximity. It glows, like it's got a high energy source and it's exciting the atmosphere around it. I hope it isn't fake but it is almost too good to be true.

Doesn’t a c-130 have props, and only use rockets to assist in the occasional take off?

Rockets produce smoke trails. Chances are jet engines would leave a contrail.

Something as big as a C-130 woukd show on radar. The jet pilots would have reported a violation of their airspace as required by safety standards.

Have proof it was exciting the atmosphere?
edit on 21-3-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Nice find there.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It sure looks like two planes, one above the other, which would account for one contrail, and one with no contrail. The perspective is what makes this look odd. If you could verify the time and location of the video, you could use flight aware to verify this theory. Flight trackers keep historical data, so it should be able to be found.

Good video, but I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Kinda what I figured. In the bright sun with a crappy camera

Oh well

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Ok, if it's a new kind of jet engine, why was there no contrail when the other plane was producing one?

This could be 2 planes flying at different altitudes.

Maybe flying at a relatively equal speed the lower plane a faster smaller jet with the higher one being a large passenger jet.

This explains why one is making contrails and the smaller one flying lower isn't and the difference in altitude also explains why the smaller object moved past quicker, perspective.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Yes! Similar example with a photo:

(right click and open in a new tab for a better view)
edit on 21-3-2018 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

But n this video it appears that the object is ether directly in the contrail path or further up than the jet is. How much further up from the jet it is will be impossible to tell. It's theoretically possible that the ufo is out in space.

I see the opposite.

That the object in question is lower.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

This guy in Lincoln, New Hampshire has history. What he does is film the air traffic on the upper air routes to the east of Lincoln, NH. No doubt he is also observing flight tracking software looking out for the paired airliners. He then films from his porch with a poor quality camera phone and passes it off as "UFO" footage. All he is filming are two airliners using the same upper air route but they are actually separated by thousands of feet hence one aircraft has contrails and the other doesn't

Thought so.

actually my first thought was a joke thinking have the Chemtrail crowd finally gotten their act together and hired a plane to sample that massive "chemtrail".

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
As others have mentioned, my first impression is that it is two separate jets at different altitudes, but they look lined up due to the angle from which we are viewing them. One jet is flying through local air that is conducive to contrails, and the other is not.

The apparent shape of the object when zoomed in could be due to digital zooming artifacts and camera aperture shape.

edit on 21/3/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: projectvxn

Ok, if it's a new kind of jet engine, why was there no contrail when the other plane was producing one?

Different jet engines produce different amounts of water vapour at different temps. You could have one aircraft producing contrails and not another. Also, it's difficult to say they are at the same altitude, though they may be.

If I had to guess, I'd say some sort of practice intercept, though that is usually done out at sea. Passengers generally never see it, as the intercepting aircraft generally close rather close, but above and behind the aircraft. It isn't something normally done over a city. It's also possible that the "passenger plane" is a military flight, and there are two aircraft on a cross country flight for whatever reason.

My big takeaway is that just because I can't distinguish wings on the "UFO" means little to me. I can't see the fuselage of the "passenger plane" either, but I know that it is there. The video is interesting, and unusual, but I'm not sure it's anything amazing.

This is the best explanation I've seen so far. I've heard before that different planes cause contrails at different altitudes, so that's certainly plausible.

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: carewemust

I thought the same thing. But I also wonder if the camera could have some default in the lens that could cause this.

I don't think a lense defect is a plausible explanation, given how shaky the video is. To keep a fixed defect on the lense directly in line with the contrail that long seems practically impossible to me.

I'd make the same case for those arguing that the object is simply at a higher or lower altitude. For it to be on the exact heading to stay directly in line with the contrail from the filmer's angle seems rather unlikely, although certainly more possible than the lense defect theory.

I doubt it's actually in the contrail, it just looks like that, but I think it's likely the object is indeed following the jet that's making the contrail and then overtaking it at nearly the same altitude.

As far as the shakiness of the video, I think that's fairly easy to explain. Not everyone is great at taking video.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join