It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Guide contact through EVP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hi,
I was pondering over the subject of Spirit guides, when i suddenly thought of EVP(electronic Voice phenomenom). I f you can contact spirits that recently died(in their physical bodies), can't you also probably contact a spirit guide through EVP? Perhaps set up some device in a room you meditate in, and pray for a spirit guide and check w/e it is you were using for any EVP effects. Just a thought, tell me what you guys/Gals think!

Best wishes,
Dani

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well, it depends on the guide.. Usually though those who guide you, do so in a higher dimension (not manifesting in any physical form, but making contact when we raise our consciousness to a more spiritual level), and communicate through messages of many types.

Possibly, through EVP, but more commonly through dreams, telepathy, visions, symbols that hold personal meaning, synchronicities, etc. If you get that "feeling" that someone who cares and is always guiding you has left you a message via evp, it probably is so. I say this because the connection to spirit is usually strong enough that you intuitively know the meaning without question.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
There is a difference in the type of deceased. I won't call them spirits and ghosts because to be quite honest - I'm not completely clear on the subject of differeciating and it seems everyone has a different oppinion.

But I do know this much. Although you can communicate with both, it seems that one type (I figure this would be the 'ghost') seems to be able to do more in this world of matter. The voice, being able to cloth themselves with matter so we can get a glimps of them, noises and such.

The other, it seems they know more, have a higher understanding, but they either don't or can't do as much with the physical matter and senses. With them it seems a person can or can't comunnicate and they don't seem to be able to or disposed to making it any easier.

join