It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Analyst Quits, Calls Network a ‘Propaganda Machine’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I watch all of fox. I watch at lots of different times.
I am sorry, but I see no deference in the propaganda.

I don't watch hannity or maddow. They both whine to much.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Tuker likes to call names and scream during debates.

He is way to emotional for me to say that he is a good debater.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Fools

Imho I think it is about Russia..

The cia/fbi and military brass wake up at 6am every morning to go fight Russia..

All of our Defense plans are built around protecting us from the Russians.

So once they found out trump made a back room deal with the Russians to help him win..

The fbi , cia , exc revolted.

Now if we should be scared of Russia is debatable, but the fact all of our intelligence and military is buil around fighting the Russians is not.

Russian war boners all around.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I watch all of fox. I watch at lots of different times.
I am sorry, but I see no deference in the propaganda.

I don't watch hannity or maddow. They both whine to much.

If you honestly don't see a difference between Shep Smith and Tucker Carlson or any of the late shows you're just not paying attention. Even between them and Dana Perino or Bret Baier there's a palpable difference.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
It's so wonderful to see so many people on ATS start turning around and be open about Fox News.

I take it that everyone in this thread that acted like it was no big surprise that Fox News was a propaganda machine will not be using Fox as a source on these forums any longer?

P.S. My opinion is that they are all propaganda machines. If they were allowed to get big, they have an alternate purpose.

Pretty much every source is going to have some kind of bias. Attacking the source rather than the substance of the article or the post is weak.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

It's all about what type of propaganda you believe in.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Fox news is a tool for the republican party
MSNBC is a tool for the democratic party
CNN is just a tool

Get your news online from a several sources if you want to be in the know...and then once you got your news from those several sources, realize you still don't know because everyone has an agenda.

then play video games and proclaim idgaf

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Fox news is a tool for the republican party
MSNBC is a tool for the democratic party
CNN is just a tool

Get your news online from a several sources if you want to be in the know...and then once you got your news from those several sources, realize you still don't know because everyone has an agenda.

then play video games and proclaim idgaf

The best you can do is read from a few different sources, put together the parts that they all reported more or less the same, ignore the opinion and interpretation, and try to read between the lines on what's left.

No easy task. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Duh. I mean, you'd have to be borderline brain dead to think any content-driven media outlet is the least bit interested in ethics. I mean, seriously, are you like 6 years old or something? Fox news is a hype machine. Have they reported false stories? Duh. Have they had an employee feed a presidential candidate debate questions? Oops, that was CNN. Point is, if you believe one outlet is holier than thou... just do the moderately-intelligent-or-better of us and stick to your menial day job duties. Seeiously, I'd sacrifice a limb to never hear another "your side is bad" dolt ramble on about how their version of stupid is the best.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I wouldn't expect anything less from a propaganda machine like the Daily Beast.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

I think everything is a propaganda machine. The DB is merely reporting what the guy wrote. It is news

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBigJ
Well, it was pretty obvious. Faux News is the epitome of Poe entertainment. Fact-wise it's like one step above Infowars.

Why did he take so long to speak out? Do you think Fox viewers who take the content seriously will accept this?

I bet they broadcast a story trying to defame Peters now, accuse him of being a traitor or liberal plant or some other such nonsense.

It took so long because it used to be "less fact free" and always in the American conservative cause. With that, he was "proud" to be part of the network. Bending facts to be conservative was ok. Completely making up facts, making enemies out of Americans such as the FBI, Robert Mueller, Dir. Comey, all to simply run cover for Trump, that's not conservative, that's not "American" or patriotic, that's Russian propaganda, plain and simple. THAT is what changed, obviously.

He's telling us exactly what it is, that the network is now covering solely for Trump, and not conservative principles, not America first, not even Republicans-first, but Trump first and only. He is saying that the network is now "propaganda" - (Merriam): "information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view." - The Point of View is "Trump" - that's it.

Russia and the old Soviet Union were MASTERS of propaganda and state-controlled TV. If you think that the Russians went out of their way to assist in electing the the most "pro-Russian" candidate in history, but DIDN"T concurrently "purchase" some friendly news to support that new president, you really are naive. There is little doubt in my mind that rubles have found their way into the pockets of key decision-makers at Fox.

The "Always-Trumpers" will brush it off, use a million excuses, just as they did when they threw Bannon under the bus, whatever it takes to continue to support the guy. But, people who "think" really ought to ask themselves what must have changed at Fox to get a guy like THIS - to come out and swear off Fox, his meal-ticket.

Not hard to imagine. The guy likely believed in a few simple truths, 99% of them I suspect that I oppose. But, I bet where he and I would overlap in our outlook is that no one is above the law, and that the American president ought to serve America first, and that pushing fake news to discredit an American hero like Robert Mueller, the men and women at the FBI, Director Comey, all to prop-up the so obviously corrupt and compromised president is wrong, and he's not afraid to say it, evidently.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Well, it was pretty obvious. Faux News is the epitome of Poe entertainment. Fact-wise it's like one step above Infowars.

Why did he take so long to speak out? Do you think Fox viewers who take the content seriously will accept this?

I bet they broadcast a story trying to defame Peters now, accuse him of being a traitor or liberal plant or some other such nonsense.

I love how people will denigrate infowars and any other source that betrays all the liberal agendas and goals when calling out THIER lies. and just pretend in their own little minds it is all lies.
A tree hugging democrat once yelled at me at an old job just for listening to conservative talk radio shows when Sean Hannity was talking. He yelled that it was ALL LIES.

ITS ALL NONSENSE! Right? When it goes against your narrative.

Gotta love it!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

You are saying that the guy didn't say it?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

I love how people will denigrate infowars and any other source that betrays all the liberal agendas and goals when calling out THIER lies. and just pretend in their own little minds it is all lies.
A tree hugging democrat once yelled at me at an old job just for listening to conservative talk radio shows when Sean Hannity was talking. He yelled that it was ALL LIES.

ITS ALL NONSENSE! Right? When it goes against your narrative.

Gotta love it!

I just gotta love how the Trumpers will do anything needed to avoid the point.

Something at Fox CHANGED.

Fox's "priorities" changed.

I don't like the guy.

But, I don't doubt that he's enraged because he is seeing conservatism take a back seat to Trumpism.

This is what happens when much of "conservative world" abandoned "conservatism" for "Trump" and feed the demagogue narrative.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

It's more of a deep state thing. Most of us know about that dirty little secret.

You mean the "DEEP STATE" catch phrase that Cambridge Analytica tested out and PUSHED on conservatives? LMFAO.

Speaking OF...bragging about doing over "200 elections"...so who's the REAL "deep state" now? HM?

edit on 20-3-2018 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

Nah, he's just trying to pull a switcheroo on reality, because the lefty's hyperactive hypocrisy is still going full steam ahead. Nothing is different.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I disagree completely..

Fox News is ridiculously worse.. it is literally the laughing stock of the WHOLE WORLDS MEDIA.

Sure there are worse, but none worse that pretend to be legit.

Here is the primary difference imho.. fox news CONSTANTLY pushes logical fallacies that are toddler logic.

For example..

They will talk for 4 day’s about how some no-name college had 6 random college kids shout down Anne Coulter, as if those 6 random college kids get to speak for everyone pro-choice in America.....

It’s laughable..

Same with anything concerning welfare queens, exc.

An example of the lefts propaganda is (X elected official said (blank ) racist statement... well elected officials count.. they are not random college kids with no power..

Now you might not agree with them the statement was racist, but what elected officials say matters..

They make the laws.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

It's easy for you to make an unfounded statement. Show me where Fox has outright lied. Not made an error in reporting but outright lied. Prove it.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Good Riddance !!!

HE is nothing but a mouthpiece for the swamp...

Look for him to show up on a more "swamp friendly" network soon...

Isn't Fox news a part of the swamp?

Want to buy a bridge

You know, you keep trying to peddle this bridge on people. Either you have more than one in stock, or people are just not as foolish as you foolishly believe.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join