It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Analyst Quits, Calls Network a ‘Propaganda Machine’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBigJ

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: TheBigJ

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
I shall continue to watch Fox news for as long as they have all the hot blondes and brunettes (winks at Kimberley) who are intelligent and can debate without going full retard like Madcow the rabid frothing cartoon character and other such ilk (including the tards on 'The View' - especially that Joy Behar thing)

I have yet to see a single intelligent debate from the Fox hosts, attractive woman or not.. From what I have seen, none of them know how to debate at all.

You've never seen Tucker do an Interview?

At least you have watched some. You should look at more. Any good liberal seems to avoid his show and he is left with inferior intellects to debate him on there. Most of the time they fillibuster trying to avoid answering hard questions.

I have indeed. Apart from a couple stopped clock moments, he is just as poor as the rest of them.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Give up mate, ATS is just an alt-right echo chamber these days. I wouldn't be surprised if it's been quietly bought by Brietbart. I'm pretty much on the verge of giving up, if you're not part of the alt-right Trump-loving crowd, you're no longer welcome on this website.

What you portray as an echo chamber is actually more of a reflection of the "silent majority" and thusly the actual pulse of the nation. Free thinkers for the most part that actually follow the evidence where it leads rather than those who never had an opinion on anything until they get their outrage and talking points from their favorite partisan chop shop.

Anything from any MSM is infected and requires real fact-checking.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'll just leave this here to show what Harvard discovered about the "Trump propaganda machine"'s coverage of the current president

If you've listened to Peters he's not exactly a hardcore right-winger either, just throwing that out there.
edit on 20 3 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: Painterz
Give up mate, ATS is just an alt-right echo chamber these days. I wouldn't be surprised if it's been quietly bought by Brietbart. I'm pretty much on the verge of giving up, if you're not part of the alt-right Trump-loving crowd, you're no longer welcome on this website.

What you portray as an echo chamber is actually more of a reflection of the "silent majority" and thusly the actual pulse of the nation. Free thinkers for the most part that actually follow the evidence where it leads rather than those who never had an opinion on anything until they get their outrage and talking points from their favorite partisan chop shop.

Anything from any MSM is infected and requires real fact-checking.

Great post - I think the realisation for those that see non-progressives as the 'evil behind every crime' that normal people simply don't buy into their rhetoric is frustrating for them. So everyone's in an echo chamber, except them of course... as they feed their brains with the latest from CNN, WaPo and MSNBC.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Fox really IS fair and balanced !!

🎈

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I'd be willing to bet that most of Fox's positive Trump coverage is coming from their punditry too which is mainly opinion, and any smart person knows it's opinion, take it or leave it.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I'll just leave this here to show what Harvard discovered about the "Trump propaganda machine"'s coverage of the current president

If you've listened to Peters he's not exactly a hardcore right-winger either, just throwing that out there.

Well there we have it.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Fox really IS fair and balanced !!

🎈

ha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think it was Shepard Smith the other day who said that opinion shows like Ingram’s, and Hannity are entertainment. He’s right and so is CNN and MSNBC.

They are no longer news channels

CNN has a little news at 3 or 4 in the morning and MSNBC I don’t think has any news.

They’re political rock n roll

If I were a money guy I would create a real all news channel and have opinion makers here and there but the so-called news channels are not news channels at all anymore

And they're all biased
edit on 20-3-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Calling Fox News a right wing propaganda machine is a stretch. Yes, they do lean right but in no way have I ever seen a misrepresentation or outright lie as I have with MSNBC, CNN, CBS, or ABC. Those networks have flat out fabricated shlt out of thin air.

I've seen Tucker admit multiple times when his liberal guests make fair and reasonable points and he gives them just credit. I never liked Megan Kelly. I really like Juan Williams and he's as liberal as they come. Geraldo Rivera would call anyone out regardless of the side of the isle you are on. Hannity gets a bad wrap because he is boisterous and speaks a bit too much in absolutes for my taste but I have never once heard him make up BS like I see on CNN constantly.

Fox News is not a propaganda machine by any stretch. Just because they present the right's views does not make them a propaganda machine. Propaganda is when you take facts and twist them, modify them, or outright change them to fit a political narrative in an effort to sway opinion.

With all that being said I still think Fox News is a far cry from the best news channel to ever have aired.

One America News Network. They are the end all be all of legitimate logic and fairness. Not to mention Liz Wheeler is smokin' hot and can slam an opponent into the ground with her quick wit, deep knowledge, and sheer enthusiasm for the truth.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The real truth is to a degree we enjoy all this strife. Imagine what would we do without it!?

That’s why the “news” channels have turned into infotainment where we make lower soul stimulating strife, intrigue, and dispute enjoyable.

That’s all right, that’s what we’ve evolved to for better or worse.

In the great scheme of things I think we all wish, hope, and pray there is a better existence than this somewhere

In other words, what will we do when the fighting stops

Excuse me for getting a little philosophical

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Calling Fox News a right wing propaganda machine is a stretch. Yes, they do lean right but in no way have I ever seen a misrepresentation or outright lie as I have with MSNBC, CNN, CBS, or ABC. Those networks have flat out fabricated shlt out of thin air.

OMG...wooweee

Then you haven't been looking, my friend. Fox has been caught in so many lies and even they fess up now and then.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Does this mean he’s the only honest person in ANY network news?

Why anyone watches the MSM, is beyond me

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'm surprised that ABC is missing from that list. It's more Anti-Trump than CBS or NBC.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I don't always watch propaganda but when I do I like it to be sexy. lol

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Imho I think it is about Russia..

The cia/fbi and military brass wake up at 6am every morning to go fight Russia..

All of our Defense plans are built around protecting us from the Russians.

So once they found out trump made a back room deal with the Russians to help him win..

The fbi , cia , exc revolted.

Now if we should be scared of Russia is debatable, but the fact all of our intelligence and military is buil around fighting the Russians is not.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

I am not a dem or liberal but I know that fox lies.
How do I know? Because I watch it and hear the lies and half truth and spin. Same as with all the other "news" that I watch.

If you honestly don't see it then you are not paying attention.
I'm saying this to you as a friend. Don't believe everything you hear on the news that you choose to watch.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I think it was Shepard Smith the other day who said that opinion shows like Ingram’s, and Hannity are entertainment. He’s right and so is CNN and MSNBC.

They are no longer news channels

CNN has a little news at 3 or 4 in the morning and MSNBC I don’t think has any news.

They’re political rock n roll

If I were a money guy I would create a real all news channel and have opinion makers here and there but the so-called news channels are not news channels at all anymore

And they're all biased

Yet the kind of stuff people say about Fox is always based on watching Sean Hannity or one of those late night entertainment shows and pretending that's Fox's news coverage. The actual news hours on Fox are nothing like Hannity's show. That's how an impartial study like Harvard's finds them to have balanced coverage, because during the news hours they cover all kinds of negative stuff about Trump. In fact, since Hannity and those shows are pretty much 100% positive Trump coverage, the other shows have to feature quite a bit of negative in order for it to balance out to 52/48. You guys just only tune in during Hannity for a few minutes now and then to get your dose of confirmation bias and then that's it. Try broadening your exposure a bit. I watch all the major networks at different times of day, and read from pretty much everywhere, when I have the time.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I know right. The market is ripe for a real news network. No bs twitter posts, no celebrities mentioned at all, No opinion pieces. Just news. I guess we should take the e out of news..

I want more real nws dammit!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's so wonderful to see so many people on ATS start turning around and be open about Fox News.

I take it that everyone in this thread that acted like it was no big surprise that Fox News was a propaganda machine will not be using Fox as a source on these forums any longer?

P.S. My opinion is that they are all propaganda machines. If they were allowed to get big, they have an alternate purpose.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join