It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Analyst Quits, Calls Network a ‘Propaganda Machine’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If this has been posted then you know what to do. I looked around searched and didn't see anything.

In a scathing rebuke, Fox analyst Lt. Col. Ralph Peters roared like a lion against the FOx Trump lackeys on the network.

Fox News commentator Ret. Lt. Col. Ralph Peters—who called Obama a ‘p*ssy’ on-air in 2015—told colleagues he is now “ashamed” of the right-leaning network.

Peters attributed his decision to Fox’s defense of President Trump amid alleged Russian collusion in the 2016 presidential election, declaring that the network was increasingly “wittingly harming our system of government for profit.” “Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers,” he wrote in the email. “Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed.” He continued: “Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration.” The retired colonel did make carve-outs for some colleagues. He exempted the increasingly political Fox Business Network—which The Daily Beast has reported as even more pro-Trump than its sister channel—as well as some hosts and reporters who have “shown courage” by standing up to the “propaganda mouthpiece.” RELATED IN ARTS AND CULTURE

But for a negative association, Peters singled out Fox’s primetime hosts for repeatedly running block for Trump by dismissing and agitating against federal law enforcement and Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
When prime-time hosts—who have never served our country in any capacity—dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller—all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of ‘deep-state’ machinations—I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove,” Peters wrote.

This guy is not a liberal folks. I've always said the Trump disgust transcends the left/right issues.

www.thedailybeast.com...

edit on 20-3-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So..... He called Fox News a propaganda machine. Oh no.. So it must be true.

Really don't care, I stopped watching "regular" news a long time ago. Nice story though.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Oh wow what a revelation. As if there was any "news" outlet that was not part of some propaganda cluster flunk.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have actually read 2 of Peters books in the past. The guy is a raging lunatic neocon. He is just mad that there isn't enough war going on in the world for him to follow and gloat about how the USA is doing good in the world by going to war with smaller countries that don't have a chance in hell against us.

PS. I don't watch any television news outfits. I can't take the whole 24/7 bumper sticker thing. FOX or whoever else.
edit on 20-3-2018 by Fools because: I will destroy Ralph Peters ... or not ...probably not.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Fox News blah blah blah is a ‘Propaganda Machine’

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well, it was pretty obvious. Faux News is the epitome of Poe entertainment. Fact-wise it's like one step above Infowars.

Why did he take so long to speak out? Do you think Fox viewers who take the content seriously will accept this?

I bet they broadcast a story trying to defame Peters now, accuse him of being a traitor or liberal plant or some other such nonsense.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Well he’s not wrong, every msm news outlet seems to be rooting for one side or the other. Personally I can’t watch any of them without feeling like I’m being given half the story.

On the other hand I find PBS to be watchable as they stay more neutral and almost never repot on the lives of celebrities, something that every other msm news outlet seems to think is news worthy. On another note can they all just stop broadcasting random people’s tweets as if anyone cares what Dave the plumber from Chicago or Cathy the accountant from Orlando thinks about complex international issues. Sorry this is just turning into a personal rant, il stop now.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Good thing we have all those other NON-propaganda cable news stations.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I know that darling Rachel Maddow always, always tell us the pure, unvarnished, honest to gawd truth. Bless her heart!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hey, I'm just a reporter on this one folks. Reporting a very conservative guy lambasting Fox for its Trump coverage.

This kind of goes against the idea that this is a left-right thing.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Hey, I'm just a reporter on this one folks. Reporting a very conservative guy lambasting Fox for its Trump coverage.

This kind of goes against the idea that this is a left-right thing.

It will always be a left/right thing for those seeking to place blame, justify their stupid opinions, and solidify the divide, sadly.

link   
Let me get this straight, he leaves 'propaganda machine' to be a Parrot on the Payroll on the lamestream media.... Priceless!!!!

link   

It's more of a deep state thing. Most of us know about that dirty little secret.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I shall continue to watch Fox news for as long as they have all the hot blondes and brunettes (winks at Kimberley) who are intelligent and can debate without going full retard like Madcow the rabid frothing cartoon character and other such ilk (including the tards on 'The View' - especially that Joy Behar thing)

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
You mean the never Trumper who said he was voting for Hillary Clinton?

@2:59.

What is it you think you found again?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
I shall continue to watch Fox news for as long as they have all the hot blondes and brunettes (winks at Kimberley) who are intelligent and can debate without going full retard like Madcow the rabid frothing cartoon character and other such ilk (including the tards on 'The View' - especially that Joy Behar thing)

I have yet to see a single intelligent debate from the Fox hosts, attractive woman or not.. From what I have seen, none of them know how to debate at all.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBigJ

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I have yet to see a single intelligent debate from the Fox hosts, attractive woman or not.. From what I have seen, none of them know how to debate at all.

Like me, you are clearly bias - we're just at the opposite end of the same spectrum.

I believe Kimberley Guilfoyle would wipe the floor with me - and you because she certainly keeps her panels (The 5) egos in check with her questioning techniques. IMO - she's a good example, especially being an ex-attorney from the nest of liberalism - LA and San Fran.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

He had to work there to figure this out?

LULZ.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
lemme larp;

Now that I'm not getting paid.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

LOL , you Got to be Kidding , Right ? ALL " Alleged News Networks are Bias in Numerous Ways . So , this is NEWS ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join