It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Older women make beautiful lovers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So, here I am - getting older - 48 years old to be specific - and my love life with my wife and partner since 1996 has just become a daily thing. Of course I do not mind at all, but I am wondering if women in general when they hit the mid 40's become intensely more sexually active. Don't worry, there is no cheating going on - we have dealt with that in the past (many years ago) and have set up trust barriers that cannot be broken (in other words we have open access to everything that we do at all times). So it isn't that - because that is what most people say to me. I know there is none of that going on - 100 percent sure of it.

Anyway, it's almost as if women are on the other end of male sexual existence. We are at peak in our 20's, women in their 40's? Is this true, is there any science to it?

Is it pre-menopause?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FoolsIs it pre-menopause?

I think it's because you are such a love tiger, mate.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: FoolsIs it pre-menopause?

I think it's because you are such a love tiger, mate.

That is probably it, I do keep getting younger and better looking.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

You shouldn't kiss and tell, it's rude.

If you honestly wanted to know the answer to your question you'd do what???

Google it maybe?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Just want a general consensus. Sometimes that is more reliable than sciency statistics. Also more fun for conversation purposes.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Yes Ive heard this many times before, men usually have there sexual “awakening” from 20-30. That’s when we are most likely to experiment and find out the limits of what we like.

Women on the other hand usually have this phase from 30-40 and it can get pretty wild from what I hear.

Now of course these are just averages and not everyone is the same.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ive always heard mid 30s.

Man... Take back the "I know there is none of that going on - 100 percent sure of it". The world has a way of making us eat our words. I said that same thing many times until it happened. It's not because it's possible... It's because the universe doesn't like true positives
So take that BACK and keep it under your hat. You can believe it all you want but keep that $#!^ to yourself.

That's as bad as saying... "What could possibly go wrong"?

Personally, I think it's because you guys mesh so well. When two people truly love each other, it's "GAME ON" at any age.

Good luck my friend and grats. So many people don't have that beautiful blessing.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Ive always heard mid 30s.

Man... Take back the "I know there is none of that going on - 100 percent sure of it". The world has a way of making us eat our words. I said that same thing many times until it happened. It's not because it's possible... It's because the universe doesn't like true positives
So take that BACK and keep it under your hat. You can believe it all you want but keep that $#!^ to yourself.

That's as bad as saying... "What could possibly go wrong"?

Personally, I think it's because you guys mesh so well. When two people truly love each other, it's "GAME ON" at any age.

Good luck my friend and grats. So many people don't have that beautiful blessing.

I understand the whole take it back thing. If I hadn't have dealt with those issues in my life (with previous gals as well) I would definitely say what you are saying...and yeah... anything is possible.

I think some of it might be that now I help out alot more than I used to - I buy her things for no reason other than to just say I lurves you baby. I also left out one big factor, now that the kids are older she does like to have the wine on occasion. Now that I think of it, that was a BIG thing to leave out. :-)

edit on 20-3-2018 by Fools because: ...

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
There's some evidence that women's sex drive doesn't peak in their 20's but instead after 30. Yes, it's interesting that this doesn't align with men's average age of peak. Even more strange is the fact that women's peak fertility is in their 20's and after 35 pregnancy gets more risky. Yet, men can have children for most of their lives. So then, one would think peak sexuality by gender would be the opposite? a reply to: Fools

edit on 20-3-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

If it is biologic, maybe it is a natural desire to get preggers before your time runs out - even if you don't want more children.

?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
-
edit on 20-3-2018 by Fools because: double post.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Too bad that women peak sexually when they are much less fertile. It is almost like nature is working backwards and inefficiently.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

yep! That explains it!

Just kidding. But yes, wine gets those good feelings out. real feelings.

For more people anyways. Some.... so much anger! Likely just pulls out that inner self more.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Although I don't know if this applies to your situation, but menopause can make a woman go either way. For some it's the end of the road and for others it's a release from pregnancy worries and all that monthly menstrual business. Thankfully my wife is one of the latter - we got careless and she got pregnant again when she was 43 which was pretty scary in itself. Her menopause started about a year after our son was born. Now ten years farther down the line and it couldn't be better.
I have friends who gripe about how things have shut down for them, and I just keep quiet about my business. Really all I can say is congrats on a great relationship and enjoy your good fortune!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Another reversal. I was a total drunk in my 20's and 30's. Lately not so much, weekend warrior at best. I feel like a day is wasted if I have a hangover.

I think for her, I say, have a glass lady, you deserve it. Raising children and having a career is tough on anyone. Me, I think I have already had enough glasses for 20 people.

:-)
edit on 20-3-2018 by Fools because: burp

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
Although I don't know if this applies to your situation, but menopause can make a woman go either way. For some it's the end of the road and for others it's a release from pregnancy worries and all that monthly menstrual business. Thankfully my wife is one of the latter - we got careless and she got pregnant again when she was 43 which was pretty scary in itself. Her menopause started about a year after our son was born. Now ten years farther down the line and it couldn't be better.
I have friends who gripe about how things have shut down for them, and I just keep quiet about my business. Really all I can say is congrats on a great relationship and enjoy your good fortune!

Indeed. No worries about pregnancy either. I am "fixed".

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Don't get used to it. After that pre-meno period of obscene nymphomania it falls off the cliff. After some adjustments, it gets back to sort of normal.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

I could tend to believe that. :-)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I don't suppose you are old enough to remember the book "In praise of older women", which was making the same point (Andras Varda).
There's also Kipling's poem "My rival", set in British India;
"The young men come, the young men go,
Each pink and white and neat.
She's older than their mothers, but
They grovel at her feet.
They walk beside her rickshaw wheels-
None ever walk by mine.
And that's because I'm seventeen
And she is forty-nine".

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Rudyard had a poem for everything didn't he? Are children still allowed to read him?

I know, thread drift....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join