It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips on How to Dream More

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
l dream every single night, and it really can be downright pleasurable to remember the often unique and amazing experiences I have every night. However, it didn't use to be like this, and in fact, I use to believe that I didn't even dream!

So what changed? A lot, I must say. Here are some changes I've made that I believe contribute to me remembering my dreams better.

Firstly, it helps to wake with the sun and go to bed relatively early, and get your 6-8 hours of sleep. This means getting in tune with your circadian rhythm, or your bodies natural, built in clock. I know this may not be practical for many of you due to work, but just know that you are working against nature if your sleeping during the day and working or partying all night. The closer you can get to this natural sleep and wake cycle humans were designed to live by, the more efficient your pineal gland will produce melatonin, which is the  hormone responsible for deep sleep, and dreaming. I use to sleep in all the time and hardly considered my self a morning person; now I am up at 5 AM everyday, naturally, without an alarm clock! Of course, I am also in bed fairly early as well around 9 PM. 

Which brings me to my next point; humans use to not stay up too late once the sun set, due to the simple fact that light was scarce and it was actually quite dangerous to roam around once the sun set. Now, however, artificial lights rule, and it's a whole different ballgame. Artificial lights of any kind, including blue light emitted from phones and tablets, car headlights, city lights, etc., cause the bodies circadian rhythm to get thrown off its rocker, as any light causes the pineal gland to think it's still day time, thus inhibiting the release of melatonin.

'The widespread use of artificial lighting, for example, has heavily disrupted the natural daily light-dark cycle in a way that is far from innocuous. Continuous exposure to light is regarded as a risk factor for frailty, with a number of studies supporting the idea that this disruption in our circadian rhythms can have a significant impact on health."
 (source)

With this in mind, once the sun goes down, I limit my exposure to artificial light. If you can, use candles instead of lights, turn the brightness turn down  on your phones, put water bottles or something over light bulbs so the lights not so bright, stuff like this. Also, one of the best things I have purchased lately is a pair of computer glasses, made to filter out the blue light from computers so its not as bad for your eyes. Yes, they look really goofy, but I swear that ever since I started wearing these at night I dream much more intense, and I really think these glasses play a small part in that!

Ok, so we got the regular sleep schedule and limiting lights, so whats next? Reducing or completely eliminating your intake of drugs will almost guarantee that you sleep better, and hence make you dream more. I'm not just talking about the hard drugs, but the stuff that you may not even be aware of, like the caffeine in your soft drink, or the glass of wine that your having for dinner. Me personally, I don't drink any caffeine past the morning hours, and don't drink or smoke at all. I use to smoke a lot of weed back then, however, and I never remembered my dreams back then. After some research, I discovered that marijuana actually reduces your REM sleep at night, which is the stage of sleep that dreams occur in.

Upon quitting marijuana, a REM rebound occurs, and intense dreams and deep sleep can occur after one quits. 

(source)
So if you want to start remembering your dreams everynight, quit or begin to limit your use of drugs throughout the day! Lifes better without them anyways. 

Also, I don't eat anything a minimum of 2 hours before falling asleep, and I believe this also plays a role in how one dreams, as if you fall asleep digesting food, this takes away energy from your brain that could be used in devising creative dreamscapes (it's a fact that digesting food is one of the most energy consuming functions of the human body). While I don't fall asleep starving, I certainly don't fall asleep on a full stomach neither, as lunch is usually by biggest meal and my "dinner" sometimes is nothing more than a snack like dried fruits and nuts. I use to always eat late night snacks and big dinners, and never remember my dreams, but now with this semi intermittent fasting diet I have taken up, I truly believe that me dreaming more can be attributed to my stomach not being burdened with a heavy load at night. It takes a little getting used too, too fall asleep semi hungry, and it was tough at first, but now I wouldn't have it any other way, and every morning I am refreshed and energized by my escapades that occurred in my dream land.

Lastly, keep a dream journal, and write your dreams down every morning! Even if it's just small details, like a person you saw or an activity you were partaking in, but the more detailed you can be, the better. Later on, reading these journal posts is like a gateway to your subconscious wants, needs, and desires, and it really is one of the most important things you can do for improving dream recollection, and eventually to having lucid dreams. Not to mention it can be downright fun to read your own story, especially after months have passed and you have completely forgotten about some dreams and, after reading over your journal, you stop and think "dang, I really dreamed of THAT?". One additional benefit of journaling is that it has taught me that the most interesting, fascinating story in the world is YOUR OWN. And by writing down your dreams daily, you are creating the most interesting book you could ever read.

If your not remembering your dreams every night, you truly are missing out on crucial information being revealed to you by your higher self. Follow these steps outlined here and I promise you will be on your way to remembering, and possibly even becoming lucid, in your dreams!

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

if you smoke marijuana then don't. Not if you want to dream more.

It stops you from dreaming, I know that for a fact.
Or at least it keeps you from remembering them.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I started having more lucid dreams about the 4th month of practicing the art of "Sungazing" Not only that but I'm getting a more restful sleep. At one time before My personal "Epiphany" I was Rx'ed Ambien™

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

This was the rest of it after "Ambien™" I typed You that crap is nothing but poison

This I KNOW for a fact 'steals Your dreams' Do I have some research on a piece of paper that I can get some Doctor to lie about? uh...er.... Negative.

I'd also suggest 'chronicling Your dreams' Write them down to see how often You receive "instructions"

Oh and 'Sungazing' also helps to de-calcify Your Pineal Gland (computer of Your Soul...)

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. I use Cannabis medicinally and it seems most effective if I use it the 'old skool method' by having the fire about 2.3" from My grill. I use the Cannabis because I am a 'CP' (chronic pain) and don't want to increasing My dose. I'm proud to type that I've had the same dose of opiates as when I started. I seriously doubt that I could've typed the aforementioned if it weren't for Cannabis.

P.S.S. I wish I could stop some of these 'night thoughts' I was a cop in a fast paced atmosphere. I can recall a bunch of crap nobody should ever see and I haven't figured out a way to 'unsee' those things. (I'll update if I find one)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Drinking lots of water before bed helps me to have better dream recall

Of course, be prepared to drag yourself out of bed to go pee at 3 or 4am

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Everyone dreams every night... most just don't remember said dreams

Its good to keep a pen and paper at your bedside if you want to actually remember your dream

getting to that dream state... well thats a whole seperate issue

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
My dreams have been really eerie latley... its never been that way until 2 nights ago

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsinthefog
My dreams have been really eerie latley... its never been that way until 2 nights ago

Have you started any new medications. I took one medication for chelation therapy and it really affected my dreams. I'm wondering whether it was interactions between my stomach lining, bacteria and some cellular signaling. It certainly made my dreams 100x more lucid.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to: sekerofknowlege
If I dream, I'll most likely going to dream being in demon's world. It's not necessary something like hell. The only way out is to wake up. And it's not always easy. Because I have to fight my way out.

Sometime it's not even something I could call a dream. More likely spontaneous OOBE. It happens when I feel too tired.

I prefer not to dream, not that I'm afraid of demons. I just don't like struggling and talking gibberish no one could understand, in my sleep.

edit on 21-3-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

if you smoke marijuana then don't. Not if you want to dream more.

It stops you from dreaming, I know that for a fact.
Or at least it keeps you from remembering them.

The key word you use is "You" as in yourself.

In others its no issue.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Eat ice cream and pizza before going to bed.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsinthefog

The Daylight Savings Time switch has people waking up right in the middle of their REM cycles. You're gonna get more and weirder dreams because of that, mostly because you're remembering them rather than losing them in the fog of waking up.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Lovely thread OP..

I love dreaming and my dreams. To me it is another reality or dimension or whichever word suits.

For people who struggle to dream or do dream recall one can also use herbs to help with dreams and for different types of dreaming.. All legal and all of course...

All very interesting, our ancient ancestors across the world did this. They held the dream world in high esteem and respect. There is something to it, and maybe one day we'll find out...

Dream Herbs

Dreaming Herbs

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Also Dream Fish:
Dream Fish

top topics

join