It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cambridge Analytica Investigation Latest Broadcast Just Show.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
For those interested here is the latest broadcast from Channel 4 on Cambridge Analytica.

20 Mar 2018 Exposed: Undercover secrets of Trump’s data firm An investigation by Channel 4 News has revealed how Cambridge Analytica claims it ran ‘all’ of President Trump’s digital campaign – and may have broken election law. As the report went on air, the firm announced it has suspended chief executive Alexander Nix, pending a full investigation. An undercover investigation by Channel 4 News has revealed how Cambridge Analytica claims it ran key parts of the presidential campaign for Donald Trump. The British data company was secretly filmed discussing coordination between Trump’s campaign and outside groups – an activity which is potentially illegal. Executives claimed they “ran all the digital campaign, the television campaign and our data informed all the strategy” for President Trump. In the third part of a Channel 4 News investigation into Cambridge Analytica, bosses also talked about: The full scale of their pivotal work in Trump’s election win How they avoid Congressional investigations into their foreign clients Setting up proxy organisations to feed untraceable messages onto social media Using a secret email system where messages self-destruct and leave no trace Cambridge Analytica’s involvement in the “Defeat Crooked Hilary” brand of attack ads In a series of meetings filmed at London hotels over four months, between November 2017 and January 2018 an undercover reporter for Channel 4 News posed as a fixer for a wealthy client hoping to get candidates elected in Sri Lanka. UPDATE: Cambridge Analytica have announced they have suspended chief executive Alexander Nix pending a full investigation. They said: “In the view of the board Mr Nix’s recent comments secretly recorded by Channel 4 News do not represent the values or operations of the firm.”

www.channel4.com...
edit on 20-3-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I watched this about an hour ago - really interesting stuff.

I still fail to see what the issue is here - every FB member has agreed to give their data over, have their mics activated and cameras turned on - it's in their T&Cs, has been for at least 5 years since I joined ATS - we've all discussed the underlying M.O of Google et al to provide a product so enticing to the human soul that every permission will be granted so as to get that product in its full measure.

Anyone who believes that this latest expose' that C.A set up some sort of A.I that went from 'lets throw Ads at this online user' to 'lets change the way s/he thinks about politics so they vote for X' is the biggest crock-o-sh!t this week.

And when I say chock-o-sh!t, I'm referring to the recent faux outrage that all of a sudden a political opponent uses it therefore impeach, imprision and give the oval office over or else.

I wonder how much research into this situation folks have actually done - for instance, type into google 'abovetopsecret.com facebook' then go to the oldest thread possible and start there - this sh!ts been on our collective radar since FB's inception.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

This is not just about Facebook.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

This is not just about Facebook.

Indeed - hence the 'Google et al' comment I made. Since C.A (and your man in the vid) refers to FB as the reason they started, the focus starts there - they're the biggest.

Note the news is also discussing "Where's Mark Zuckerberg" this morning - interesting stuff indeed.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Here is a 3 min TL;DR version of the vid in the OP - same bloke gets interviewed....

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Is this another one of those instances where the powers in control think that Americans are too stupid to think independently.. and need to be protected?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
In case you have been busy living in your fantasy world and need the cliffs notes as to what the DNC has been up to just pay attention to everything they are pinning on Trump.

It's actually quite amusing to watch them work. But incredibly sad to see so many people fall for it.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Is this another one of those instances where the powers in control think that Americans are too stupid to think independently.. and need to be protected?

No - it's even more specific than that - the agenda is to see how many folks will rally around punishing team-Trump for something team-deep-state-Hillary did/does/will continue to do. The really important thing that they are relying on is their base maintaining a short-term memory and getting all of their worldly info only from CNN & the tards.

Its like 'Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election'.......says the folks who colluded with Russia to steal America from the electors (think Obama whispering & caught on the hot mic).

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Internet users have known for some time that there is something funny going on. Sometimes they'll post comments on news forums, and those comments just disappear as if they were never posted - sometimes as an "anonymous coward" on slashdot.org for example. Facebook was doing this on their own forum.

Other users had noticed that strange out of context messages had been sent to them by people they knew, but were confirmed not to have been sent by that individual.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Wait, I thought it was the Russians that won the election for trump. I'm confused. Cos this right here says it was us influencing the election..?
Time for sanctions against the UK I guess

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This is huge!

The implications of what this company have been up to are astounding. I think this is probably only the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
In case you have been busy living in your fantasy world and need the cliffs notes as to what the DNC has been up to just pay attention to everything they are pinning on Trump.

It's actually quite amusing to watch them work. But incredibly sad to see so many people fall for it.

so many people "fell" for trump's BS, that's what is sad. even with his track record of criminal behavior, and being a slimy, unintelligent douchebag......trump is like a 8-pound feces casserole put on 5- star buffet table, he ruins everything around him, no matter how good it is.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb
Wait, I thought it was the Russians that won the election for trump. I'm confused. Cos this right here says it was us influencing the election..?

with right-wingers on here, just blame the democrats for the same things trump has done, and you'll be golden.....trump voters will believe you

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
In case you have been busy living in your fantasy world and need the cliffs notes as to what the DNC has been up to just pay attention to everything they are pinning on Trump. .

Ah, the "whoever smelt it dealt it" defense. Ironclad!

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Here's the thing. I used to brief and debrief people on research studies. You can't give informed consent if most lay people don't understand what they are actually consenting to. Even if there is some kind of legal loophole, that's using the letter of the law to violate the spirit of the law. I believe there actually is a lawsuit against fb in Germany precisely along these lines. I did not understand what I was signing up for in 2005 when I joined fb. www.google.com...

edit on 21-3-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Oh I agree with you that the effort to make this only into a Trump thing is a diversion tactic. a reply to: Sublimecraft

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

with right-wingers on here, just blame the democrats for the same things trump has done, and you'll be golden.....trump voters will believe you

But hold on, Obama and Organizing for America used FB data for the 2012 election. Where's your outrage?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: jimmyx

But hold on, Obama and Organizing for America used FB data for the 2012 election. Where's your outrage?

From what i gather, The Obama campaign had permission to use Facebook data.

Facebook allowed the Obama campaign to access the personal data of usersduring the 2012 campaign because they supported the Democratic candidate according to a high ranking staffer. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Cambridge Analytica used an app to harvest Facebook data.

You knew it was just a matter of time before Congress joined those investigating Facebook's data sharing debacle, even if it's only in a tentative way. Oregon Senator Ron Wyden has sent a letter to Mark Zuckerberg asking him to explain how Cambridge Analytica ended up with data on 50 million people, most of them without permission. In addition to details of the incident itself, Wyden wants to know why Facebook didn't drop Cambridge Analytica when it learned of the collection in 2015, whether the data was used for targeted ads and how this could happen despite the FTC decree limiting Facebook's data collection and sharing activities

www.engadget.com...

There lies the difference.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Please see my first post and link in this thread. I didn't give informed consent for such use on either side.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Please see my first post and link in this thread. I didn't give informed consent for such use on either side.

You asked this question to jimmyx

Why should he have outrage ?

Facebook gave the Obama Campaign PERMISSION to use the data.

Do you understand the difference ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join