It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we really are living in a computer simulation is there anything we can do ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
we can find the cheat codes.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

To describe the source of reality as a "computer" shows an attitude of worship, not clear thinking.

Just another example of mankind worshiping the works of their own hands.

What should we do about it? Enjoy and be grateful to "the matrix'" Creator.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: UMayBRite!

To describe the source of reality as a "computer" shows an attitude of worship, not clear thinking.

Just another example of mankind worshiping the works of their own hands.

What should we do about it? Enjoy and be grateful to "the matrix'" Creator.

Except the problem here is if you claim we are here of a work or our own hands , than why are we searching so deeply for meaning and answers ? Why can’t we change the way the earth looks etc ?
We couldn’t end up on the planet like this with perfect conditions to sustain life unless there was a designer for the design we find ourselves in ..

Also , not all humans who believe they are living in a matrix are comfortable with it . Some worship it , others don’t ..
Debates rage over who designed it among proponents of the matrix theory ..

edit on 10-5-2018 by freedom7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: centrifugal

I believe the double slit experiment proved that particles behave differently when observed vs unobserved. One reason for that could be that an intelligence is controlling them. It is the best evidence we have in science to proving the existence of a virtual world and/or a god.

If I am wrong, feel free to jump in and correct me.

This was already debunked in this very thread. Particles only behave differently when affected by electron microscopes. It's not about conscious observation. That's a misinterpretation of double slit.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7
Thanks for your reply . The double slit experiment was groundbreaking and obviously gave a whole new understanding to us of how our world operates .

I agree with you . It definitely points towards a creator/intelligence controlling those particles and their reactions .

No it doesn't. It points to the fact that electron microscopes cause interference with particles when used to observe them.

For all the seemingly random chaos happening in the world today , there seems to be an order even in the midst of that .

That is impossible in a world of natural selection with no intelligence /creator .

There is no order, only gravity, energy and chemical reactions which creates what YOU perceive as order, but that order is very limited. 99.9999% of the universe will kill life instantly. There is nothing controlled about any of it.

We couldn’t end up on the planet like this with perfect conditions to sustain life unless there was a designer for the design we find ourselves in ..

Sorry but this is presumptive nonsense. There is nothing "perfect" about earth conditions. Life exists on earth, because the earth is capable of supporting it, not because it was designed specifically for us.

edit on 5 10 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I have it on good authority that the simulation has only been running for about five months. Everything before that was prologue.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Thanks for your reply . The double slit experiment was groundbreaking and obviously gave a whole new understanding to us of how our world operates .

I agree with you . It definitely points towards a creator/intelligence controlling those particles and their reactions .

No it doesn't. It points to the fact that electron microscopes cause interference with particles when used to observe them.

For all the seemingly random chaos happening in the world today , there seems to be an order even in the midst of that .

That is impossible in a world of natural selection with no intelligence /creator .

There is no order, only gravity, energy and chemical reactions which creates what YOU perceive as order, but that order is very limited. 99.9999% of the universe will kill life instantly. There is nothing controlled about any of it.

Sorry but this is presumptive nonsense. There is nothing "perfect" about earth conditions. Life exists on earth, because the earth is capable of supporting it, not because it was designed specifically for us.

I hear you on your points Barcs. But I could counter and say for you to say life exists on earth because the earth is capable of supporting it , not because it was specifically designed for us is also a presumption.

It’s why we all have unique beliefs , because ultimately if we were to be truly honest. We cannot prove God exists beyond any shadow of a doubt

And we also cannot prove he doesn’t exist..

The whole thing hinges on faith in something because we simply do not know.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I hear you on your points Barcs. But I could counter and say for you to say life exists on earth because the earth is capable of supporting it , not because it was specifically designed for us is also a presumption.

Except my position actually has evidence, because scientists have observed solar systems form naturally, so we very much know how planets come about without any special interference or designer. When you have trillions upon trillions of stars that is many rolls of the dice, so it's not that crazy to think there will be planets that come about with conditions similar to ours. It would be different if we were the only existing planet in the universe, but we're not.

It’s why we all have unique beliefs , because ultimately if we were to be truly honest. We cannot prove God exists beyond any shadow of a doubt

And we also cannot prove he doesn’t exist..

Logic states that if you can't confirm something exists, there is no reason to believe it. There is never a need to prove a negative.

edit on 5 12 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
We live in our own RAM chip. Not on the harddrive where we belong.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join