It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we really are living in a computer simulation is there anything we can do ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Now, what do the real beings look like, would they look like us? Are we part of the program or are we a being tied to the program? If this is true, some are here as teachers and others are here as students. And ninety five percent of people are not real, just computer generated beings.

As far as I know, you're all computer-generated constructs to keep me amused.

link   
a reply to: Abednego
That lump of matter between your ears is the matrix generator. JMO

link   
a reply to: freedom7

Or it's all just one big 3-dimensional gaol with our cell being Earth at the near bottom of the gravity well.

Chances are we simply do not have the tools nor mental capacity to understand the universe in any kind of meaningful manner.

The trick really is simply to make hay whilst the Sun shines.

It is indeed just a movie by the way.

edit on 20-3-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Now, what do the real beings look like, would they look like us? Are we part of the program or are we a being tied to the program? If this is true, some are here as teachers and others are here as students. And ninety five percent of people are not real, just computer generated beings.

As far as I know, you're all computer-generated constructs to keep me amused.

Not me, I am as real as I can be in this reality. I do not remember anything before I was about three, everything drops off at that point. Maybe people from the real world are trying to create acceptable consciousnesses to put into robots. I guess you would need all kinds of those, some to send to explore other planets might need to be warriors.

There is no way to know what is going on from inside the program if it exists. We can only contemplate on it's possible existence. I am probably going to flunk anyway, I am terrible at spelling things.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

You make every choice to the wisest, and best of your ability, correct?

Only when I'm lucky.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Not me, I am as real as I can be in this reality.

That's what all you cyber ghosts say.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

In that movie Neo just accepted what he is and he basically hit the reset button. And everything start all over again.
It has happened before, the major cataclyism in world history can be interpreted as the hitnof the reset button.
And even Neo not pushing that button, nothing will change.
Like the Architect said: " There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept."

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Not me, I am as real as I can be in this reality.

That's what all you cyber ghosts say.

Remember, even if your real out there, you are just a simulation in here. Nothing here is real, but if you die in here, you may die out there. It may not be real, but it is very real to us.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
That lump of matter between your ears is the matrix generator. JMO

That is just hardware, what really makes it work is the software. And mine is in the "cloud" spreading everywhere like a virus.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr

My belief is that the simulation is here for us to grow spiritually.

This seems to be correct. In reading about near-death experiences as well as the effects of various psychedelic drugs, it becomes obvious that there is a "higher" place we go to when we are no longer in our physical bodies. In this other place, people commonly experience phenomena such as perfect sight, instant travel, telepathy, etc.. Essentially everything you might be able to experience outside the confines of a physical body. Interestingly, in many near-death experiences, people who come back often report having knowledge of having chosen to be born into the particular life they have, or having been born into it for the sake of carrying out some spiritual mission. I believe these "missions" essentially boil down to overcoming hardships and choosing to use those experiences to spread love and awareness, rather than devolve into hatred, anger, bitterness, etc. An example might be a person who chooses or is given a life where they grow up with horribly abusive parents, with their intended purpose to be to overcome that experience, have their own children, be a good parent and raise their children properly instead of choosing to become abusive themselves or simply choosing not to have children altogether. I think the simplest answer to "What is the purpose of life?" is "To spread love and improve something".

Everybody leaves the simulation... All you have to do is die. Whether or not you just get sent back again over and over and over is another question. Buddhists believe you do until you finally decide to use the lives you have to reach a state of spiritual perfection. I'm personally more inclined to believe that coming here is a choice we make from the other place, but that in doing so, we have a chance to earn ourselves higher "rewards" there upon death based on how much spiritual growth we've made.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

If we are indeed living in some form of software simulation, I doubt very much we exist in the sense we've come to believe. So there really isn't anything we can do, no use in "going rogue" and having the operators shut down the simulation.

As for free will, I don't know. We may have free will as we believe it to be, or we may just be advanced AI that are programmed to be as "free" as the AI in a video game that walk, talk, smoke and die. I'm sure if you stepped in their world, they wouldn't know anything else, perhaps it's the same with us.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Essentially everything you might be able to experience outside the confines of a physical body.

Luckily, we experience that every night in our dreams.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If it is a computer simulation, then it operates at a very low level ie. at the sub-atomic quantum level millions of times smaller than the radius of a Hydrogen atom. Even Schrodingers equation now seems simply to be an integral equation that comes from perturbation theory. But at this level, randonmess is baked in through quantum noise.

That means you can't predict a future state from a current state. You can't predict whether an atom will undergo fission or not at any particular time, but statistically you can predict that half will do after a specific time. We can do the same using Newtonian physics.

Human decision making is based on neurons firing when a particular stimulus threshold is crossed. That depends on the current state of the neural network ie. brain and that depends on energy levels, hormone levels and past experience. Your body can tell you "I feel tired" or "I'm full of energy", but your conscious make the final decision like an executive board.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I don't think we have free will in the sense most people mean when they use it but I would hold that opinion whether this was a simulation or not.

This is purely speculation but the world may in fact be part of an MMORPG where the vast majority of humans are advanced NPCs capable of a range of behaviors within set parameters. In this view "players" would likely be those who change history in major ways (though not always). So someone like Alexander the Great may be a player character while you and I are internally generated NPCs.

Thoughts often pop into our heads, we often do the wrong thing even when we know a better way to go about a situation and our desires often conflict with our conscious wills. At the very least this points to the amazing complexity of the ancient systems that our consciousness is perched on top of.

All I know is I've definitely encountered some weird characters, strange situations and truly bizarre behaviors that have made me stop and wonder whether I was dealing with a real person or an "NPC" or a real event or one generated by a sudden injection of novelty into an otherwise orderly system.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
If it is a computer simulation, then it operates at a very low level ie. at the sub-atomic quantum level millions of times smaller than the radius of a Hydrogen atom.

I guess. If you buy into that fiction. Which batch of artificial personality constructs sold you this particular fairy tale? It's a good one. You have to rely on "experts," and there's no way for you to experimentally verify that what they're telling you is the truth. And even if you could, how could you trust that your experiments aren't rigged to give you that same answer?

Kind of like that old "haunted house" game where you're blindfolded and you stick your hand in a bowl of peeled grapes. "Eyeballs. That's what you're feeling." You don't know.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Find the codebreaker or gameshark codes and learn to manipulate the very "fabric" of reality.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear
Find the codebreaker or gameshark codes and learn to manipulate the very "fabric" of reality.

You mean magic?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

I’m not quite sure there are any loopholes in the system . Something tells me every glitch in the Matrix we experience may be codebreakers in action trying to find that loophole or maybe it’s a part of our consciousness in another dimension or timeline that left clues behind that we’ve been here already and need to chose option A instead of option B ( like the movie déjà vu )

Who knows though

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If that's true, then I want the source code. There are quite a few changes I would like to make. Whoever designed this code did a very sloppy job.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It's likely true in a sense... reality is DEF not what most think it is ...in the Western world, anyway.

It would be nice to know the object of the simulation, though... but cheat codes are boring (hear that magicians?).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join