It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can food improve my memory?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I got a message recently about good and bad and how some believe there is neither. just what is. I had a conversation about this months ago where good and bad were explained in a simple easy to understand way then we dropped the topic and moved on. It seems I have forgotten the details of the conversation and it makes me realize that I forget a lot of stuff as the days go by. I seem to also have problems learning because of a weak memory.

I recently discovered that a diet with lots of eggs makes me feel better and heal faster too.

Is there any foods that can help with memory so I learn easier and more?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tyred

Can food improve my memory?

I heard that foods rich in B helps.

I found that not drinking alcohol and smoking help improve my memory....a lot!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

BDNF: Brain Derived Neurotropic Factor
Protein produced as a hormone through consumption of certain foods combined with regular excercise.

Google it theres information available. In fact it can regenerate brain cells, something many were taught is impossible.

Eggs Fish and good Fats like Medium Chain Trigylcerides

Like Olaru12 said above abstaining from alcohol etc...

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Smoking is bad for your brain?

I’ve been smoking since I was about 13... also around the time I started having trouble learning. I wonder if smoking really is that bad for you? I was going to try quitting cold turkey in a couple days when the smokes I have are gone. Maybe I really should try hard and see if I feel better.

I’m still surprised that eating lots of eggs can help healing and feel better overall.

Thanks for the input. I usually don’t trust internet info but i’ll Try searching bing and google for more food ideas. I was just hoping I might find someone who tried a food and noticed a dif

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Yes - research Turmeric, Cannabis, Cat’s Claw, Coconut oil, Ginkgo leaf extracts, Ashwagandha (Indian ginseng),
Rosemary and high-antioxidant foods like Berries to help strengthen neuronal connections in the brain
But do not smoke Cannabis, make cookies

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Drink plenty of water!

Rosemary is excellent for memory. There have been tests conducted on its effects on Alzheimer's. Seems to be very promising..

Get yourself some rosemary essential oil. Inhale it occasionally through the day or use an oil burner, and yes do cook with it too (obviously use the fresh or dried herb not the EO).

You may also be interested in Nootropics.. Very interesting and very fascinating. These can be used in your daily diet, so are easy to incorporate. Been playing around with it myself. Only started.. Might make a thread about it some day...

What Are Nootropics?

The desire to be more mentally sharp and astute has existed for hundreds of years, and can be traced back to Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine. These days, Nootropics provide us with a window of opportunity into the world of higher brain functioning.

But what are nootropics exactly? In essence, nootropics are substances that are composed of a wide range of natural and artificial compounds which are thought to enhance your cognitive functioning (i.e. they make you more “intelligent”) – this is done by changing you brain’s neurochemistry.

The word “nootropic” was first coined by chemist and psychologist Dr. Corneliu Giurgea in 1972, and derives from the Greek words “nous” (mind) and “trepein” (to turn, to bend). Giurgea defined “nootropics” as substances that are capable of increasing memory, concentration, motivation, intelligence, mood and anything else related to cognition and thought enhancement.

Nootropics: Exploring the Secret World of “Smart Drugs” – Could They Benefit You?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
For the eggs to be beneficial, you need to eat the yolk runny, not scrambled or hard boiled.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Knapperdude
For the eggs to be beneficial, you need to eat the yolk runny, not scrambled or hard boiled.

Really? Does it have to be runny? Can you post any links for that as I always was told that it didn't matter if the yolks were runny or not. Have you just heard that from friends or did you get it from someone else?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The most potent supplement I could recommend is Creatine.

Although usually associated with body-building, there are almost annual positive studies on brain-power and cognitive function (apparently even with Alzheimer patients).

I was first a reluctant customer when I started gym, remembering early concerns about liver and kidney damage.

But with a standard dose of most commercial Creatine (a teaspoon a day), no such adverse effects were ever proven.
Instead, while researching I came across a lot of YouTube and other material that the effects are quite positive, especially on mental functioning.
Many brands commonly available (even at supermarkets), and one of the cheapest supplements around (unmixed with other stuff).

Find a good, pure brand, and I think any research will back this up.

I'd rather skip vitamins for a month (just expensive pee with a good diet), rather than Creatine.
Like most things it may take a few weeks to start working, but I wouldn't go without it.
Some brands may recommend you start with 4 teaspoons for a week or so, but experts I consulted say this "loading" is unnecessary - just take a teaspoon a day and keep going.
(P.S. - Just remember to also drink water or herbal teas - not just caffeine and booze, and to re-hydrate when you have "sinned" on booze. This will help to flush the kidneys, and the Creatine to work optimally.)

www.naturalstacks.com...
edit on 22-3-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I read that brain foods rich in antioxidants, good fats, vitamins and minerals provide energy and aid in protecting against brain diseases. So when we focus on giving our bodies whole, nutritious foods benefiting both the gut and the brain, we’re actually benefiting our minds and bodies while keeping them both in tip-top shape.
Here is the list:
Avocados
Beets
Blueberries
Bone Broth
Broccoli
Celery
Coconut Oil
Dark Chocolate
Egg Yolks
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

top topics