It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volunteer police to patrol schools

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Well if truth be told our Police are stormtroopers. LoL

Same could be said for Police all over the world all the same, not that there are not some good'yins to boot.

Lol!
Cops down here are well outnumbered and really friendly. The largest geographical police area in England with funding based on winter population, which is low. In the summer with the millions of tourists they rely on the public to help out and they do their absolute best not to escalate things. I've got massive respect for the volunteer constables who patrol bar/club land to keep people safe. Me and my mates have helped loads of cops out before now when they were doing the right thing but losing the battle.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I'd be willing to participate, but the problem is that not everyone has as good a foundation in firearms and self-defense training as me who would be happy to participate.

I'm certainly not saying that I'm the best, by any stretch, but this brings up the same issue that others say about arming teachers--a concern over skills and training.

I think that opening it up to civilian, non-teacher volunteers would be great, though, because I'm sure that there are a lot of retired cops and Service Members and other capable people who would be happy to help protect the future of our nation.

My biggest issue would be time--having a full-time day job would make it hard.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I'm definitely with you on the training, and UK volunteer constables have to reach the same standards as regular cops.
It would obviously be a different kettle of fish in the states though because of the fact our cops just carry extendable batons and tasers at best. The concept could be a good one for local communities though, I'm sure many decent citizens would volunteer for altruistic reasons alone.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

In the future, any guards will be the first to die.

Probably while sitting in their 'guard shack', eating donuts and watching TV.

Meanwhile, in between rare mass shootings and bored out of their minds, they will be called by admin to brutalize students, defacto police state reps for the New World Order.

Get used to it...

I just noticed this sorry.
You are such a gloomy outlook type of person, come on, have a bit of faith in your fellow humans and be part of the change for good. Instead of crying "Oh it's all so terrible!" why not shout "Let's make our world better!" ???
I bet there are millions of stable, kind, and decent people in the US who would love to protect the next generation, as volunteers backed and trained by the state or county.
Whinging and whining won't change the world for the better, it takes positive thoughts, ideas, and proactive altruistic love for our fellow humans.

edit on 20-3-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: added "proactive"

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

You are such a gloomy outlook type of person, come on, have a bit of faith in your fellow humans and be part of the change for good. Instead of crying "Oh it's all so terrible!" why not shout "Let's make our world better!" ???

Armed guards everywhere does not make it 'better'. it makes a "Police State".

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It's not worth the risk. 99% of these special patrols will never see a school shooter in their entire lives of service. Over 90,000 elementary schools alone in the USA, not including junior high and high school.

It's easier to raise strong moral children than to fix broken adults.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Good answer

90,000 elementary schools, I forget how big the US is sometimes!

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

A uniform makes them a direct target or something to avoid from what I have read and researched. It is not about cops hiding out. It is about the presence in the schools and a proactive measure in place to stop a threat. A non-uniformed person to stop a threat.

Thanks for the comment though.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join