It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toiletry Amusement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
So what's sitting by the crapper to read? Anything special for those precious moments?

Right now I've got an out-dated copy of PSM magazine....Usually I've got something like Darwin Awards II...never get tired of reading those, or The Far Side Gallery Collections - Short and sweet...

[edit on 2/16/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This is an excellent topic well beyond the the boundaries of boredom denial, exceeding the merits even of the urinal topics circa July-October 2003.

May you receive plaudits from far and wide.

A dear friend of mine refers to the little room as his "library".

From recollection I have:

* a poster size crossword book facing on the wall
* Pinker's "The Language Instinct" and "How The Mind Works"
* a book by an author not to be named that deals with the downfall of democracy in the US since 2000 and DNA Activation as a solution to that
* "The Girls Of Esquire", an entertaining and only sexist to a point book of short stories and articles from the dated men's magazine, vintage 40s-50s.

Once I cohabitated with a woman who was a model of efficiency and could not fathom the purpose of reading matter in the little room.

Is this a uniquely male domain?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
This is an excellent topic well beyond the the boundaries of boredom denial, exceeding the merits even of the urinal topics circa July-October 2003.

May you receive plaudits from far and wide.

*bows* Yes...Thank you, thank you.....

* a poster size crossword book facing on the wall
* Pinker's "The Language Instinct" and "How The Mind Works"
* a book by an author not to be named that deals with the downfall of democracy in the US since 2000 and DNA Activation as a solution to that
* "The Girls Of Esquire", an entertaining and only sexist to a point book of short stories and articles from the dated men's magazine, vintage 40s-50s.

A very healthy and varied collection! That's what I like to see....sometimes it's just no fun reading the same thing twice......

Once I cohabitated with a woman who was a model of efficiency and could not fathom the purpose of reading matter in the little room.

Is this a uniquely male domain?

LMAO....Cohabitation....That truly is the best way to phrase living with a women, isn't it?!

I would have to admit that I've never known a woman to read in the bathroom....Unless they're taking a three hour candlelit bath....Ladies! Don't you know how bad that is for your eyes!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
....Gourmet magazine, Bon Apetit and Glamour.....it is odd, no? That they're all Conde Nast publications.

Oh? You meant that two are foodie rags & one is a woman's magazine?
Well, I like to cook & eat out........and tactically, if you could know what the "enemy" was thinking, wouldn't you want to?

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Bout Time]

top topics

join