It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you say that there are more/less/the same amount of gun laws than 10/20/30 years ago?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: notsure1

a reply to: intrepid

Paris? or the 38 in Tunisia on the beach? It is not just an American problem so stop acting like it is.

One attack? I said frequency. Yes it IS an American problem.

It is a people problem. It happens in Canada too.

Yup. The last one was 15 months ago. How many in the States since then?

So its not a problem there? One every 15 months is good?

We have had 3 you have had 1 I wonder what that averages out to per capita? I bet you average more..
edit on 20-3-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Frankly I am Tired of people In the UK who talk about how america is so violent .
your country's controlled half the planet for 100s of years and killed just as many as any country every get off your high horse .
Your no less savage then the US the only difference is your time is over now its the us time befor both of us it was Romans time and so one .
My guess is China is next in line

link   

originally posted by: introvert

Paris? or the 38 in Tunisia on the beach? It is not just an American problem so stop acting like it is.

I think it's a matter of firearms and violence being part of American culture and it doesn't help that the pro-2nd crowd in this country, in general, are irresponsible in how they discuss/approach the issue.

No the pro 2nd crowd is tired of whiney little foreigners thinking they have a say in our laws..

They do not have a say in our laws, so I'm not sure why the pro-2nd crowd cares or waste their time on it.

Again, it is a matter of culture. I'm very pro-2nd and I still try to distance myself from the gun culture in this country. They are irresponsible, uneducated and perpetuate ignorance on many levels.

link   

I think it's a matter of firearms and violence being part of American culture and it doesn't help that the pro-2nd crowd in this country, in general, are irresponsible in how they discuss/approach the issue.

No the pro 2nd crowd is tired of whiney little foreigners thinking they have a say in our laws..

This whiney little foreigner said nothing about your laws. See my first post. Reading comprehension. Should make that mandatory in your schools. But that's another problem.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

This whiney little foreigner said nothing about your laws. See my first post. Reading comprehension. Should make that mandatory in your schools. But that's another problem.

Like Im new here and dont know your posting history..

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: hombero

Still a rare event comparatively speaking. More kids die from food poisoning, but thats hardly sensationalized by the tabloid main stream media.

As a media stringer, I can tell you that "if it bleeds, it leads" who wants to watch a kid pukeing when you can see blood in the streets?

It's capitalism, good old American competition for viewers and ratings. Business as usual....

Except they don't show us blood, just pictures of guns. The business of deflecting from criminals and criminal intent to blaming firearms, as usual.

This agenda goes beyond simply 'stringing bleeding leads'. Blaming firearms makes as little sense as blaming bacteria in the school cafeteria.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Gun laws. No gun laws. Not the question. The question is why the frequency of these shootings seems to be an American problem. You don't see this in other countries. An answer to that may lead to some relief in these incidents.

The media repeats this claim constantly, but it's a lie. It absolutely happens in other countries. What countries do you think this doesn't happen in?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Like Im new here and dont know your posting history..

I think he was saying his first post in this thread...

Anyway...Laws don't have anything to do with it.

I say it's the number of single-parent households....that statistic seems to be on the rise (look at me I'm sciene-ing)

To be honest, I have no idea but I do know the media loves it.

Peace

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoTue, 20 Mar 2018 10:19:52 -0500am311920183 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Again, it is a matter of culture. I'm very pro-2nd and I still try to distance myself from the gun culture in this country. They are irresponsible, uneducated and perpetuate ignorance on many levels.

If you say this about a racial group, you're called a bigot. How in the world do you know this about millions of people? Did you speak to every gun owner?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton

Gun laws. No gun laws. Not the question. The question is why the frequency of these shootings seems to be an American problem. You don't see this in other countries. An answer to that may lead to some relief in these incidents.

The media repeats this claim constantly, but it's a lie. It absolutely happens in other countries. What countries do you think this doesn't happen in?

What other country has the same, hell eve 10%, of the frequency that the States does?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

If you say this about a racial group, you're called a bigot.

Ok.

How in the world do you know this about millions of people? Did you speak to every gun owner?

You do not have to be a gun owner to be part of the ridiculous gun culture in this country.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

What other country has the same, hell eve 10%, of the frequency that the States does?

36 million people in Canada 325 million in the US.. You have averaged more per person than us in the last 15 months.

Average that per capita please Canada 1 in 15 months and the us 3..

So my answer is Canada..
edit on 20-3-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The plain fact is that the cities where there are the strictest gun laws have far more shootings. For example, if you remove Chicago,, Detroit, Washington D.C., St. Louis, ad New Orleans from the murder statistics, The United States ranks 189th out of 193 countries in the world for murder. These five cities all have very struct gun control laws.
edit on 3/20/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

No. It's pro gun people with attitudes like yours that are the problem. Also you won't even entertain that the amount of guns out there and how easy they are to get are part of the problem.

You will lay blame on anything and everything except guns.

I have a question.

How many people would die from guns each year if there were no guns?

There is only 1 answer to that but I suspect you won't give it. You will turn that question into other questions and claim I'm a libtard that wan5s all guns removed.
Still asking though.
I might be surprised

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

36 million people in Canada 325 million in the US.. You have averaged more per person than us in the last 15 months.

Average that per capita please Canada 1 in 15 months and the us 3..

So my answer is Canada..

Math is another subject neglected in the States apparently. 307 mass shootings 2017. That's only up to Nov. 6th. You were saying?
edit on 20-3-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The plain fact is that the cities where there are the strictest gun laws have far more shootings. For example, if you remove Chicago,, Detroit, Washington D.C., St. Louis, ad New Orleans from the murder statistics, The United States ranks 189th out of 193 countries in the world for murder. These five cities all have vert struct gun control laws.

Link please.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

www.google.com...=http://www.chic agotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-america-school-shootings-20180215-story.html

Move along folks america doesn't have a problem with guns it's all just smoke and mirrors to take away our guns. since the year 2000 200 kids killed in schools and another 200 + injured but that must all be false flags and part of the "master plan" to take away your guns!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

There would be an increase ten fold of pencil attacks in our schools!!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

It does not matter.
This is America and mah gunz
That is the most important thing.

You can tell by the tone of the posts.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: TinySickTears

There would be an increase ten fold of pencil attacks in our schools!!

Yeah. Might as well just arm more people. The arguments are so stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join