It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy 70th for Bobby Orr.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
For those unfamiliar with Bobby.

Robert Gordon Orr, OC (born March 20, 1948) is a Canadian former professional ice hockey player, widely acknowledged as one of the greatest hockey players of all time.[1][2] Orr used his ice skating speed, scoring, and play-making abilities to revolutionize the position of defenceman.[3] He played in the National Hockey League (NHL) for 12 seasons, starting with 10 with the Boston Bruins followed by two with the Chicago Black Hawks. Orr remains the only defenceman to have won the league scoring title with two Art Ross Trophies. He holds the record for most points and assists in a single season by a defenceman. Orr won a record eight consecutive Norris Trophies as the NHL's best defenceman and three consecutive Hart Trophies as the league's most valuable player (MVP). Orr was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1979 at age 31, the youngest to be inducted at that time. In 2017 Orr was named one of the '100 Greatest NHL Players' in history.[4] After his hockey career, he became a well-known scout for many professional teams. He also spends time talking to and mentoring young skaters.

en.wikipedia.org...

Loved watching him flash on the ice. Damn I'm getting old. Then again so is Bobby.
Bet he gets a huge gift basket from Don Cherry.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Don Cherry will give him a gift certificate for some Don Cherry Clothes

Every hokey team should have a little something-something on the video board tonight

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Don Cherry will give him a gift certificate for some Don Cherry Clothes

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Certainly a happy B-day from me...without him Mobile D-men would not have happened for a few more years. That guy could skate, shoot and score better than just about anybody of his time.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Always fun to watch him play! Happy birthday Bobby!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hard to top the flying Bobby Orr

edit on 20-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Err,... shouldn’t this thread be in International Sports as Mr. Orr is Canadian! Lulz!! (I couldn’t help myself with some gentle ribbing!
)

The great Bobby Orr is still amazing to watch! Every time ESPN or NHL Network throws video up, I am still watching every second!

For that reason alone, Happy Birthday!! Never did defense look so good!

new topics

top topics

join