It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Alamitos votes to opt out of California sanctuary law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
City of Los Alamitos California has voted against the State Law about "Sanctuary" cities that clearly conflicts with Federal Law and the U.S. Constitution.

Somebody cited the fact that Citizens did not vote-in the State law.

Lots of "resistance" according to the local article.

Trend ?

Courts will be busy.

Maybe some people are coming to their senses afterall 😎

Los Alamitos votes to opt out of California sanctuary law

Orange County’s second-smallest city voted Monday night to exempt itself from California’s so-called sanctuary law, which limits cooperation between local agencies and federal immigration authorities.

The Los Alamitos City Council voted 4-1 following more than two hours of heated testimony from residents on both sides of the issue.

While the crowd had dwindled both in and outside the chamber when the vote came, people erupted in cheers after the vote and began chanting “USA.” But on the pro-immigrant rights side, there was this chant: “The people united, will never be divided.”

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It's going to be a amazing ironical moment when the state of CA tells the city, that they cannot supersede state laws.

How many people will get the irony of the state which thinks it can supersede federal laws(it is getting away with it, at this time) gets mad at a city for superseding its their authority

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I grew up next to the city,more or less exclusive homes,nice city,just another example of true So Californians opinions on liberal laws,if we have a clean election this will be evident,people are sick of these Democrats,turning Calif into Venenzuela

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There are probably many, MANY Californians that feel this way.

I mean, the whole state can't ALL be fruits and nuts, can they?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

The problem is many, many have left the State-which I believe Sacramento wants- and combined with the sanctuary law draws many illegals to California from within the nation as well as from outside the nation. The numbers are shifting almost on a daily basis.

I'm no longer sure there's enough 'Americans' left in California to overturn/replace the Democrats...

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It would be ironic if they were punished for failing to follow a law that was designed to disobey a law.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: MteWamp

The problem is many, many have left the State-which I believe Sacramento wants- and combined with the sanctuary law draws many illegals to California from within the nation as well as from outside the nation. The numbers are shifting almost on a daily basis.

I'm no longer sure there's enough 'Americans' left in California to overturn/replace the Democrats...

Unfortunately I have to agree, although it's somewhat difficult to know for sure considering the state of that liberal cesspool we refer to as the "MSM", and how they either spin it, or simply fail to report it.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
But on the pro-immigrant rights side, there was this chant: “The people united, will never be divided.”

That would be illegal Aliens side. Because legal immigrants don't need sanctuary .

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This sanctuary fad is a bad idea, but they will never admit it.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is a great move, now other cities will follow
and this will be a trend across other states.

How can States force cities to break federal laws?

top topics

join