It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insider Trading?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ScepticScot

a reply to: network dude

I hate to point out the obvious, but Mark Zuckerberg is wealthy and supports leftist policies.

So the law and rules of society don't apply to him.

Maybe, maybe not. Irrelevant anyway in this case as he hasn't done anything illegal.

Doesn't matter.

Laws are only applied based on political ideology.

No, really they aren't. But keeping feeling victimised if it makes you feel better.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I hate to point out the obvious, but Mark Zuckerberg is wealthy and supports leftist policies.

So the law and rules of society don't apply to him.

Maybe, maybe not. Irrelevant anyway in this case as he hasn't done anything illegal.

Doesn't matter.

Laws are only applied based on political ideology.

No, really they aren't. But keeping feeling victimised if it makes you feel better.

?

I never claimed to be a victim.

Just pointing out the obvious.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

I don't think you'll find anyone defending heinous Zuckerberg here

It's actually quite easy to defend him. It appears the sale of shares was part of plan put in place to help fund Zuckerberg's Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and that plan was disclosed to the SEC in September.

From the OP's source:

Facebook spokeswoman Vanessa Chan said in an email that the stock sales are intended to fund the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, the philanthropic investment organization the Facebook founder set up with his wife in 2015. In an SEC filing in September, Zuckerberg said that he plans to sell at least $6 billion in Facebook stock over the next 18 months to fund the organization’s efforts.

It would be very hard to claim this was insider trading when the entire deal was disclosed to the SEC.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The right hates the rich libs

The left hates the rich right wing.

And the rich don't give a flyin fu**....

See how that works?

Be sure and wash your hand when you finish....
edit on 20-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I don’t like Facebook but this just seems like common sense, not insider info.
He can read the news and the fake news too and put two and two together like anyone else.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Insider well It is his so he should know when to sell better then anyone .
Frankly I find it funny he should lose millions just to sastfi you or anyone .
Now If I owned a company I would be smart enough to know stock rises as the company grwos Once teh market is saturated STOCK falls the best tie to sell is Before that happens NOT after .
Now insider trading to drive prices up should be a crime .Or insider knowledge ( reserved for that person )
OOO like the movie Trading places ( were the rich guys payed for Advanced info on orange crops so they could drive prices up Knowing in advance how the market would go .

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Perhaps I am not reading the snippet in the Op correctly, but it does say that the shares he sold were part of a "predetermined plan".

So what was the "plan" and how can we say it is insider trading if the shares are being sold as part of a plan that is already in place?

I have to wonder myself if the "plan" was put into place because Zucks new far in advance that something was eventually coming down the pipes about this whole debacle. He's in bed with the alphabets. You can bet he's got a buddy or two in the CIA eager and willing to tip him off about bad mojo coming his way.

Or was this all a calculated deal by the deep state to try and further dirty up Trump and his campaigning before the election? If this was an intentional leak, then Zuckerburg would be wanting to minimize his losses wouldn't he? Is he the expendable sacrificial lamb?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Insider well It is his so he should know when to sell better then anyone .
Frankly I find it funny he should lose millions just to sastfi you or anyone .
Now If I owned a company I would be smart enough to know stock rises as the company grwos Once teh market is saturated STOCK falls the best tie to sell is Before that happens NOT after .
Now insider trading to drive prices up should be a crime .Or insider knowledge ( reserved for that person )
OOO like the movie Trading places ( were the rich guys payed for Advanced info on orange crops so they could drive prices up Knowing in advance how the market would go .

I'd love to get stock tips and be the kind of person who doesn't come unglued when I lost a few billion dollars. Unfortunately, if I did that, I'd get put in jail, as there are laws about it. Some are under them, and some (see also politicians) get a free pass.

But when you own the company, there might be some standards you have to follow with the SEC. I don't know, just guessing. I own my company, but it's value is a tiny bit less than Mark's company.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join