It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insider Trading?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
www.marketwatch.com...

Facebook Inc. Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg saw his net worth decline by about $5 billion Monday, but it could have been worse. Ahead of Facebook’s worst one-day decline since 2012, prompted by news that data affecting 51.3 million members was improperly shared with a political consulting firm, Zuckerberg had been busy selling stock. So far this year, he has sold nearly 5 million shares. Disposing of those Facebook FB, -1.14% shares before Monday ended up saving about $40 million, according to Securities and Exchange Commission filings and some arithmetic by MarketWatch. At Monday’s close, the 4.9 million shares Zuckerberg has sold this year under a predetermined plan would be worth $855 million. Zuckerberg made about $900 million selling those shares, according to calculations using average weighted prices reported to the Securities and Exchange Commission.

What a fortunate thing, to have the LUCK to sell off a bit of your stock HOURS before it tanks. Why, if I didn't think Mark Zuckerberg was of the utmost in honesty, and a true symbol of virtue, I'd say this is suspicious. I sure hope the SEC doesn't notice this. If they checked into it, they might not know how honest Mark really is, and get the wrong idea.

This isn't information that affects most of us, as we just aren't in the same financial realm as people like this, so we just wouldn't understand. Most of us at least.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Dude possibly isn't human anymore, yo.

Just sayin'.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Even if he did, I don't think he would go down for it. FaceBook has cooperated well with TPTB and he is a stooge. Because of this, he will likely get special treatment

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
He sold the shares in a predetermined plan over the course of months. Not hours before the news.

It saved about 1% of the total decline in his net worth.

If this is insider trading its the worst example ever. Stretching a little because you don't like the man perhaps?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

He is a pillar of the community. He wouldn't do something wrong or illegal. Please stop insinuating mean things about him.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
What tipped him off? His relation to the CIA giving him some intel?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Him and the 3 letter agency he deals with are probably just angry at each other.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I love the sarcasm!

Well done!

I'm not sure what's more comical, Suckerbird or the millions of people who fell for investing in vapor. If Fail Book folded tomorrow, just locked their doors and turned off the lights, there would be...nothing! No assets, nothing, just Suckerbird and a whole lot of pissed off investors and unemployed people. Oh sure there's a S#-ton of personal data which is probably worth a fortune to someone, but not anything the investors could ever lay their hands on. And there's a crappy dysfunctional piece of software...and vapor. All those millions of people invested in nothing more than a 'concept'. Nothing, gone...all just air.

Just think about that for a moment.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

See also: Myspace.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
What a fortunate thing, to have the LUCK to sell off a bit of your stock HOURS before it tanks.

He should have run for and won a Congressional seat, then it would have been perfectly legal.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What a fortunate thing, to have the LUCK to sell off a bit of your stock HOURS before it tanks.

He should have run for and won a Congressional seat, then it would have been perfectly legal.

I left a disclaimer in the OP about you.

Most of us at least.

I didn't want the rich and famous here to feel left out. I hope you didn't. And please tell Mark hey from me at the next Bilderburg meeting.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

And please tell Mark hey from me at the next Bilderburg meeting.

He may get disinvited, you know how Baphy gets when we screw up its plans.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yea, but if Mark doesn't disappoint, he'll bring a few extra "treats" and all will be forgiven. it worked for Al Gore after that whole "climate change" disaster.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Who knew the Facebook story was going to play yesterday?
There are many potential trading triggers that are known or could be surmised by the public.
For example we know that the major stock indices are rehung like drapes during periods of low volatility.
We also know there is a demographic of investors that "Sell in May and go away" especially after weak first quarter stock performance.
Nobody talking about that in the media yet..

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I hate to point out the obvious, but Mark Zuckerberg is wealthy and supports leftist policies.

So the law and rules of society don't apply to him.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I hate to point out the obvious, but Mark Zuckerberg is wealthy and supports leftist policies.

Maybe, maybe not. Irrelevant anyway in this case as he hasn't done anything illegal.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Maybe, maybe not. Irrelevant anyway in this case as he hasn't done anything illegal.

Doesn't matter.

Laws are only applied based on political ideology.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Perhaps I am not reading the snippet in the Op correctly, but it does say that the shares he sold were part of a "predetermined plan".

So what was the "plan" and how can we say it is insider trading if the shares are being sold as part of a plan that is already in place?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Sure let's ask Carl Icahn and Wilbur Ross how they feel about insider trading? Where were the threads about them? I don't think you'll find anyone defending heinous Zuckerberg here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join