It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching for the Austin, TX. serial bomber

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
After perusing their local Austin T.V. Station's news bureau, I deduced that there is an ongoing attack at six day intervals. So far this has ran from the 2nd, of March, to the 18th. Something spooked #2, so it was scrubbed, until it was deployed along with #3. This means that between Mar. 22nd and 26th, there will be another device set in play. Especially, on Mar 24th. I live in Idaho, and it's not reasonable to map dowse somewhere where I've never set foot. So I contacted the local T.V. station, looking for a contact person. We'll see how this shakes out, starting from this evening, Mar. 19th.

Anyone here, who is in or near Austin, is welcome to chime in. The skimpy T.V. news maps don't really put enough background into this picture. So any help is welcome, but I don't want to get into any pissing matches with someone who refuses to believe that the Art of Dowsing can work, "AT SOME TIMES", but not always. This O.P. is for a search, like the one I've earlier posted on, about Malaysia Air, M H 370.

My take is that the cowardly monster doing this, reconnoiters his targeted sites in daylight, and then sneaks the packages in at night. So he, or they, will do the reconnoitering for the next device, in the next two or three days.

My first question for this thread, is did the weather in Austin, ruin the Mar. 7th attack? Unfortunately, a ruined attack, may explain why the first three of these were almost in a straight line. Now they may be much more randomly located.
edit on 19-3-2018 by carpooler because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Austin is a well maintained city, lots of cameras everywhere. I'm surprised they haven't caught anything on the feeds.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Read your OP.

Got a bad feeling that this monster (likely a male, late 20’s to early 40’s), will escalate; next bomb will be in a more public space with more potential victims. Possibly a daylight attack.

Bomber has an agenda, but it might not be as specific as one would expect; kind of like he really just likes to hurt people, any and all people.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm in your point when it comes to knowing Austin. Sources have been saying these are happening in the African American/Latino neighborhood hood of the area. Apparently that neighborhood area is divided from the other neighborhoods,

Austin is deeply segregated. The physical and cultural dividing line is Interstate 35, which separates the East Side and the West Side. The East Side is the district where African-Americans and Latinos have traditionally lived; it is also where both of us live, and where all three bombings occurred. Austin’s geographic and cultural layout was designed to segregate and marginalize people of color.
-Source

-If that helps with visualizing. Whether it's racist or just a more opportune place for the attacker to do such is unknown, but does make one wonder.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

Interesting to think upon. I do know that early last evening there were some spotty thunderstorms around Austin. I was outside and a bolt of thunder hit so close I ran inside as quickly as I could. This pos has kids scared. We were listening to music radio station on way to school this morning and the DJ's started talking about it. Sweet child heard and was worried, not a fun convo...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
I'm in your point when it comes to knowing Austin. Sources have been saying these are happening in the African American/Latino neighborhood hood of the area. Apparently that neighborhood area is divided from the other neighborhoods,

Austin is deeply segregated. The physical and cultural dividing line is Interstate 35, which separates the East Side and the West Side. The East Side is the district where African-Americans and Latinos have traditionally lived; it is also where both of us live, and where all three bombings occurred. Austin’s geographic and cultural layout was designed to segregate and marginalize people of color.
-Source

-If that helps with visualizing. Whether it's racist or just a more opportune place for the attacker to do such is unknown, but does make one wonder.

Those neighborhoods are more integrated than that article makes it seem.

Anyway, last nights bombing included a trip wire which does not seem to be set for a certain person/s. It seems the bomber is going for any random person, not a certain race.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Just an anarchist extremist doing their part to "keep Austin weird".

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I've lived in Austin from 2008-2015.

Demographically, the more affluent citizens live closer to the downtown area, moreso south, central and west Austin.

North of 183 and east of i35 are the poorer neighborhoods, mixed as they are, they do house a higher percentage of african americans and latinos on average.

In this town, you're hardly a walk and 2 buses away from anywhere, so to avoid running the risk of being identified and caught, I'd reckon the perpetrator either uses the bus or bike rides to the victims homes vs. driving their car to commit the crimes.

Then you have the weapon of choice itself, explosives. You'd have to be a proficient reader and have some knowledge of tools to construct such devices.

If I'd hazard a guess, this person may be a college student, what with the University of Texas being centered in the middle of town. Or a disgruntled middle aged man that visits the Home Depot on occasion.

Not sure if it's racially motivated though. They could just be targeting these neighborhoods because the nicer areas have a higher chance of having a compromising security system.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Just wondering if anyone else gets undertones of the Washington Sniper case here?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
#APD SWAT responding to the 600 block of Barwood Park for a barricaded subject. Officers are on scene, perimeter is being secured. Please avoid the area. Media, stand by for staging area.

Just popped up on Austin PD twitter less than an hour ago.

They just released a statement 6 minutes ago that it's not related. it was a domestic disturbance.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Little bit yes

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Just thinking out loud possibly a delivery guy, he would know the area, could approach houses with boxes etc.could drive freely throughout neighborhoods without drawing suspicion....

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

While the deaths aren't consistant, I think the unsub could be thought of as a serial killer. Keeping that in mind, he or she most likely has ideal victims in mind. We may not yet be able to understand what qualifies, but surely theae aren't random. Could be, but I doubt it. Now, I don't think he neccessarily has an ultimate target that he'll devolve trying to get to like happens in every episode of criminal minds ever, but something about his victims surely drive him. Are they all christian, muslim, same class, race, gender, ect?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Boo!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

I found this article (probably not the most current sorry) that discusses a few connections. I believe they're weak and likely not the motive behind the bombings. It's a place to start none the less.
cbsaustin.com...
It also states in that article that the packages were not wrapped like a normal shipped package would be.

Manley said he could not divulge too many details about the packages, saying those responsible could vary their future tactics. But he said the packages were "not at all identifiable" as a standard shipping box or standard shipping labels would be.

Scary.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
You could be onto something because this package likely wasn't supposed to detonate until it arrived back in Austin in a couple days, but another package blew up at a Fedex facility this morning.

NBC NEWS

This package was from Austin and addressed to an Austin resident.

I live a few minutes outside of Austin and homebased, but our main office was right down the street from the previous bombing. On edge for certain.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The San Antonio Texas Fire Department says a package bomb apparently bound for Austin has exploded at a FedEx distribution center in Schertz, Texas, hurting 1 person, a FedEx employee who apparently suffered a non-life-threatening "percussion-type" injury from the blast. The FBI and ATF are at the scene.

www.cbsnews.com... age-meant-for-austin-blows-up-at-fedex-building-near-san-antonio-live-updates/

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist
a reply to: Bhadhidar

While the deaths aren't consistant, I think the unsub could be thought of as a serial killer. Keeping that in mind, he or she most likely has ideal victims in mind. We may not yet be able to understand what qualifies, but surely theae aren't random. Could be, but I doubt it. Now, I don't think he neccessarily has an ultimate target that he'll devolve trying to get to like happens in every episode of criminal minds ever, but something about his victims surely drive him. Are they all christian, muslim, same class, race, gender, ect?

It might be too early to assume that this serial bomber (if in fact these bombings are the acts of a single person) is, in fact, a serial killer; despite the fact that multiple people have died as result of these bombings.

So far, no clear connection has been drawn from the victims. No agenda or “manifesto” has been published or discovered. It would seem, at least at this point, that, although killing has occurred, and the power of the devices deployed certainly indicate that the bomber has no restraint with regard to the use of deadly force, killing his(?) victims is just a “side benefit” to the terror element engendered.

The “pattern”, if there is a pattern (and one would expect a pattern, or motive, to emerge) is just not yet clear enough to discern.

And that unpredictability only adds to the fear.
edit on 20-3-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

I was looking at the dates as well. My guess would be the next one will occur on March 26th.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join