It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign phased out use of Cambridge Analytica data before election

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: xuenchen

Bull#. Looks like Team Trump is trying to clean up ANOTHER scandal.

Ha! Ha!

The Trump people set them up 😄

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Bull#. Looks like Team Trump is trying to clean up ANOTHER scandal.

Ha! Ha!

The funnier thing is that you have bought into social media marketing as a scandal... it's a little late in the day to be worried about it... unless of course... Trump.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Was any of this illegal, or just SMART?

Sore losers always cry foul when they're outfoxed.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
www.motherjones.com... isnt this exactly what obama did during his re-election campaign? and to a lesser and failed extent Romney

Over the last year and a half at the campaign’s Chicago headquarters, a team of almost 100 data scientists, developers, engineers, analysts, and old-school hackers have been transforming the way politicians acquire data—and what they do with it. They’re building a new kind of Chicago machine, one aimed at processing unprecedented amounts of information and leveraging it to generate money, volunteers, and, ultimately, votes. Reed describes his campaign role as making sure technology is a “force multiplier.” And that’s about as much as he’ll say on the matter. The campaign declined to make Reed available for an interview, or to offer anyone who could so much as comment on the complexity of Reed’s mustache. “Unfortunately, we do not discuss anything that has to do with our digital strategy,” says spokeswoman Katie Hogan. Much of Reed’s work now is so under wraps that it’s literally code word classified—Obama for America (OFA) uses terms like “Narwhal” and “Dreamcatcher” to describe its high-tech ops. So in the spirit of the sweeping data-mining operation he helped build, I set out to learn as much as I could from Reed’s online footprint.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Was any of this illegal, or just SMART?

Sore losers always cry foul when they're outfoxed.

Nothing illegal anywhere.

But I'm sure Trump knew FB would go down.

They are 10 steps ahead at all times as we can see 💂

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

The firm is now at the center of reports that it exploited Facebook data and harvested millions of U.S. voter profiles without user authorization during the 2016 presidential campaign. 

This is the part that cracks me up.

People put all their information and interests on gigantic public forums and then act surprised when that information gets used for commercial and political purposes.

I like the part that says they use the information to track mental vulnerabilitys to inject information and data into the main stream weather true or not. Talk about conspiracy wtf.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm still trying to see how any of this broke any laws, or why I'm supposed to be upset.

It seems to me that they thought the Facebook data was giving the Dems an advantage, so now they're unhappy that Trump got access to "their" data.
edit on 20-3-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
www.motherjones.com... isnt this exactly what obama did during his re-election campaign? and to a lesser and failed extent Romney

Over the last year and a half at the campaign’s Chicago headquarters, a team of almost 100 data scientists, developers, engineers, analysts, and old-school hackers have been transforming the way politicians acquire data—and what they do with it. They’re building a new kind of Chicago machine, one aimed at processing unprecedented amounts of information and leveraging it to generate money, volunteers, and, ultimately, votes. Reed describes his campaign role as making sure technology is a “force multiplier.” And that’s about as much as he’ll say on the matter. The campaign declined to make Reed available for an interview, or to offer anyone who could so much as comment on the complexity of Reed’s mustache. “Unfortunately, we do not discuss anything that has to do with our digital strategy,” says spokeswoman Katie Hogan. Much of Reed’s work now is so under wraps that it’s literally code word classified—Obama for America (OFA) uses terms like “Narwhal” and “Dreamcatcher” to describe its high-tech ops. So in the spirit of the sweeping data-mining operation he helped build, I set out to learn as much as I could from Reed’s online footprint.

completely different thing. Polar opposites. (when democrats do it, it's not only ethical, it's pure genius, but when republicans do it, it's criminal. Even though there isn't anything illegal about it)

Hope I cleared that up for ya.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: DJW001
In fact, Google/twitter/facebook all retain your data for similar uses/reasons (and to sell to others)

And this is why I urge everyone to ditch Facebook and Google. The amount of raw data they are sitting on when it comes to their users is beyond anything we've seen before. If Google or Facebook wanted too, they could pinpoint what you're doing right now, where you're doing it and for how long you've been doing it.

This isn't a conspiracy, this is something they've openly admitted to being able to do. While I've ditched Facebook years ago, I did the same with Google but this is difficult. There are literally no other companies out there producing phones that isn't Android, except for Apple.

Prior to these gigantic companies, we had a whole host of mobile operating systems from Windows Mobile to Symbian, to dumbphone OS's. Trying to farm data from these devices were difficult and limited as they didn't use apps as we have them today. GPS wasn't readily available, and was mainly locally stored maps / data and we weren't always online.

And the posters claiming that this is basically public data are absolutely correct. When we sign up, we legally waiver our privacy in order to agree to their ToS.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

hahhahaha leftists like to blame everyone else for everything they are guilty from. lol

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

It was clever when Obama did it... but using data is now impeachable apparently, because...Trump.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

It was clever when Obama did it... but using data is now impeachable apparently, because...Trump.

Here in the States, the Trump campaign is a footnote. People are more concerned with people accessing their personal data through their friends' accounts.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Here in the States, the Trump campaign is a footnote. People are more concerned with people accessing their personal data through their friends' accounts.

Excellent - as it should be.
Facebook should have been closed down or regulated a long time ago.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Excellent - as it should be.
Facebook should have been closed down or regulated a long time ago.

In other words, censored?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: Vector99

hahhahaha leftists like to blame everyone else for everything they are guilty from. lol

Of. Guilty of. *sigh*

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

How can facebook be censored?
It's a platform.
It's like saying the television is censored.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Further on that... Cambridge Analytica Warrants "phased out" the OP lives on cloud cuckoo land.

Obviously not Denying Ignorance...

edit on 21-3-2018 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

How can facebook be censored?
It's a platform.
It's like saying the television is censored.

Broadcast television is heavily censored. Facebook is also a corporation, which, in this country, has the same rights as a human citizen. (Believe it or not!)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Just some more on Cambridge Anylitica... Employees are ex UK government and also currently strongly tied to the present UK Government (that's a foreign power interfering in a US election) also some of their employees are said to be MI6 but that cannot be confirmed...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join