It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign phased out use of Cambridge Analytica data before election

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The question at this point is, who hasn’t been using Facebook data for political and marketing purposes? More meat for the sharks, but as is usual, made to look especially evil for narrative’s sake.

www.washingtonpost.com... 58e-43d6-a71f-afdd8bf1308b_story.html
edit on 20-3-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The funny thing is, Obama and Company used Cambridge Analytica's analytics during his run as well. It wouldn't surprise me if Hillary / Bernie / everyone else did so too!

Why isn't the MSM calling Obama out for it now, or even back then? Because it's a non-issue. Everyone needs data to target their platforms demographics. If it isn't Cambridge Analytica, it'll be another source.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This is exactly how advertising works now.

No. It's not. Having spent the last 5yrs at a senior-level with one of the largest CRM firms in the country and one of the first Facebook partners, I assure you it does NOT work this way. A company can upload keyed data TO Facebook and they will model a target population (Custom Audience) against that data. Facebook will then serve approved content to that audience. Under no circumstances does FB allow data to be downloaded.

You better hope your boss(es) don't see your post, because they will then know that you don't know what you are talking about - common for senior managers, but most opt to hide their ignorance.
edit on 20/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Sure that's what they supposedly do. But this firm seemed to take it a step further in profiling voters and how they think. And then through the trump campaigns Michael Flynn share their findings with Russia so that they could target their campaign on social media to interfere with our election and get trump elected.
Know what that is ?
Remember Flynn is now a witness.

It's all coming together .
edit on 3202018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Sure that's what they supposedly do. But this firm seemed to take it a step further in profiling voters and how they think. And then through the trump campaigns Michael Flynn share their findings with Russia so that they could target their campaign on social media to interfere with our election and get trump elected.
Know what that is ?
Remember Flynn is now a witness.

It's all coming together .

Eh? Profiling voters and how they think has bee a mainstay of political campaigning since elections began, facebook is just another tool for a common practice. It might all be coming together in your mind (which seems to a very long process of coming together), but I can't see any evidence that data was sent to Putin's Russia by Trumps campaign to coordinate ad buys and social media posts... can you post the link to that?

cheers.

edit on 20/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The evidence is there if you look.
Lots of trump Russia contacts. Lots of secrets. Lots of deals and lots of loose lips.
Remember Peter Smith. He is a link. As is Roger Stone. I can see where Mueller is likely going with stories published over the past year. Here a link, there a link. Some stories are behind paywalls. The New York Times and Washington Post for instance. I have them bookmarked. But it's nothing that wasn't also covered by the news. The secret is not paying attention just to what's happening today.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
X, what happened to your other hillary thread?

The one about how she's going to get indicted this week?

Deleted?

Ticktockticktocjticktock

Which one ?

None have been deleted.

😎

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Who cares about face book data? Only morons post sensitive data online esp. SOCMINT I mean "social" ""media""

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yeah, where is that Mueller "indictment" (cant indict sitting POTUS)? Where is the impeachment?

Lyin lefties.

POTUS can't be indicted because nothing matters more that POTUS discharging the office. Witch hunts will have to wait at least 3 years...

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Please direct me to the article in the Constitution that says POTUS cannot be indicted. I'll wait.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

could you link to the law that states using data from social media in an election is illegal?

(I'll wait too)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: JBurns

Please direct me to the article in the Constitution that says POTUS cannot be indicted. I'll wait.

It isn't in the constitution. its just common sense that you don't arrest the head of your government. You kick them out first.

reputations and preventing coup's.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

"Cambridge Analytica was founded by Stephen K. Bannon and Robert Mercer, a wealthy Republican donor who had put at least $15 million into Cambridge Analytica.

Less noticed has been the work that Cambridge Analytica and its parent company, the SCL Group, has done outside the United States. The operations of the two companies were set up with a convoluted corporate structure and are deeply intertwined."

quote: The New York Times NATIONAL - Tuesday, March 20, 2018

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The evidence is there if you look.
Lots of trump Russia contacts. Lots of secrets. Lots of deals and lots of loose lips.
Remember Peter Smith. He is a link. As is Roger Stone. I can see where Mueller is likely going with stories published over the past year. Here a link, there a link. Some stories are behind paywalls. The New York Times and Washington Post for instance. I have them bookmarked. But it's nothing that wasn't also covered by the news. The secret is not paying attention just to what's happening today.

Then it should be easy for you to source your claim... looking forward to the link.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Let's look on the bright side - Facebook are getting hammered. Their influence is going to shrink...hopefully to the point they go out of business (we'll see). Quite handy given they were doing their best to censor conservative voices after the 2016 election.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Please show me where data mining/harvesting is a crime? It is public data by nature.

You have no expectation of privacy on public services like social ""media""

In fact, Google/twitter/facebook all retain your data for similar uses/reasons (and to sell to others)

Yet another giant nothing-burger here. Keep trying though

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Bull#. Looks like Team Trump is trying to clean up ANOTHER scandal.

Ha! Ha!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It can't be done. POTUS must be able to fully discharge his office and duties 24/7/365. Nothing, including legal processes, takes precedent over that.

You can remove him from office then indict him, sure. But it has already been determined that COG is the first and only priority as it pertains to POTUS. Nothing matters more than President Trump being able to fully discharge the office at all times. It is a national security matter.

Either way, if you'd be happier with President Pence by all means.

I don't think you'd like him very much though..... Get ready for a "Christofascist" government (as you all call him...)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

There are no scandals, unlike Obama's term. Just BS made up by bitter clingers like you

Proof? Or it never happened...........

Furthermore, Trump has survived all your "scandals" thus far and will continue to do so for the rest of his Presidency. How's it feel knowing you have and will fail to end his term early? I put the odds at least 60:40 that he serves year 5, 6, 7 and 8 as well.

Too bad gambling isn't permitted here.

PS: Go ahead, mention something entirely irrelevant. Stephanie Clifford! "Stormy" Daniels.. Oh no! We care so much about who POTUS sleeps with
Laughable attempt to derail Trump. Every time you guys try it makes us love him even more. NO MATTER WHAT.
edit on 3/20/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

This is a good article from last year that touches on this...

www.wired.com...

Parscale was incredible in the election....

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join