It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign phased out use of Cambridge Analytica data before election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
The good folks at Cambridge Analytica? I wonder why anyone would want to distance themselves from such a fine organization? Take a look at this piece from UKs channel 4

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I said New Yorker, not NYT...

But glad you can read.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: xuenchen

Cancelled them before the election.

Your source:

The Trump contact with the firm ended on Election Day 2016

Oh, this:

Then-candidate Trump's campaign used Cambridge Analytica during the primaries and in the summer because it was never certain the Republican National Committee would be a willing, cooperative partner.

So yes, the Trump campaign indeed used the data.

So?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...another point you all seem to be tripping over...this site uses targeted anylitical data in it’s advertising...they all do now...so obviously there’s a database that has your habits and user information compiled in order to target adds across multiple platforms strictly for you...the individual consumer...

You better all suck it up...cause it’s only going to get more intrusive and inclusive...you ain’t seen nothing yet...

YouSir

Indeed. Data is being shared and ad networks are building detailed profiles of individuals. It's been like that for years. If you don't want your data accessed and shared, take personal responsibility and opt out or block digital tracking technologies and stop posting your life story for all to see.

I though the craziness of the Russian collusion story was as pathetic as it could get for liberals to come to terms with an election loss, but now they seem to have moved on to marketing as the issue.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Cancelled them before the election.

Your source:

The Trump contact with the firm ended on Election Day 2016

Oh, this:

Then-candidate Trump's campaign used Cambridge Analytica during the primaries and in the summer because it was never certain the Republican National Committee would be a willing, cooperative partner.

So yes, the Trump campaign indeed used the data.

you are a smart guy, can you explain why this is any different than internet advertising? Google adds? Spam? And is it illegal?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The only illegal acts i have seen here are owned solely by CA

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Phage

How could I imply it was never used when I quoted something that said they did use it.

cheese box

so is this disinfo or misinfo...?

Who was your slave last year ?

🔐

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Why did Robert mercer spend so many millions on this if it didn't work?

Why are the trump team telling lies about how they never used this?

Why are trump supporters so eager to lap up the lies?

Just another day on the new ats, the biggest conspiracy of our times, but obviously none of it ever happened because we love trump and but Hillary and but Obama.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This is exactly how advertising works now. And as I watch the news this morning, every time they mention it, they MUST throw in that the Trump campaign used them. I suppose looking for the few viewers with less than a 30 IQ that will somehow equate that to Trump doing illegal things.

It's just nice to know the Media doesn't do things like "try to drive public opinion", like Cambridge Analytical did. Wait, what?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Why did Robert mercer spend so many millions on this if it didn't work?

Why are the trump team telling lies about how they never used this?

Why are trump supporters so eager to lap up the lies?

Just another day on the new ats, the biggest conspiracy of our times, but obviously none of it ever happened because we love trump and but Hillary and but Obama.

the news articles I saw, didn't say anything like that. Trump campaign openly said they used them. Could you link to where you hear they lied and said they didn't use them?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Redacted...too much
edit on 3/20/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This is exactly how advertising works now.

No. It's not. Having spent the last 5yrs at a senior-level with one of the largest CRM firms in the country and one of the first Facebook partners, I assure you it does NOT work this way. A company can upload keyed data TO Facebook and they will model a target population (Custom Audience) against that data. Facebook will then serve approved content to that audience. Under no circumstances does FB allow data to be downloaded.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Data from social media is used to target advertising to the consumer. If you dispute that, I'll call you the biggest liar on the planet and back that up with mountains of proof. Don't pretend otherwise.

ETA:
Just in case you still want to pretend otherwise.
edit on 20-3-2018 by network dude because: added mountains of data.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The New York Times praised Obama for doing this exact thing.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Interesting. The Trump campaign stopped using Cambridge Analytica not because they were obtaining personal information illegally, not because they boasted about using "dirty tricks, and not because it is illegal to use a foreign firm in an American election, but because they were "sub-standard."

Paul Manafort, Russian agent, joined the campaign in March, 2016. The campaign hired Cambridge Analytica, founded in part by a Russian academic, in May. In June, Manafort was placed in charge of the campaign. In August, when his connections with foreign governments were exposed, Manafort resigned from the campaign. When did the Trump campaign stop using CA?

If the allegations are true, the Trump campaign may have been using CA to provide information to Internet Research Agency for use in their web campaign. That is not "collusion," that is espionage.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: jtma508

First, Congratulations.

Second,

Facebook is under intense pressure after it admitted that Cambridge Analytica, a political data-mining firm, got access to massive amount of user data. A look at why Facebook allows third parties access to its data and what the business objective is.

😬

To me it's FB most likely as lawbreakers here based on the issue that minors in U.S. cannot enter into contracts legaly which is what T&C's are. Just because that law hasn't been enforced does not mean anything.

Any adult who agreed T&C's and now all sudden has issue can cancel FB but that's about it.

FB heap-o-trouble here.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
X, what happened to your other hillary thread?

The one about how she's going to get indicted this week?

Deleted?

Ticktockticktocjticktock

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

Oh not to worry. They have assured the public they never actually used any of those tactics. So we should all be assured.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join