It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign phased out use of Cambridge Analytica data before election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Vector99

no but you want it to be ok because 2 wrongs make a right? obama got away with it so should trump? how about if true we prosecute both of them?

What law did they break?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

no but you want it to be ok because 2 wrongs make a right? obama got away with it so should trump? how about if true we prosecute both of them?

Good by me, I'm not a Trumpet.

What will be prosecuting them on though?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: xuenchen

Ummm...why would anybody care about this...?

Can you point to one vote that was swayed...?

Can you tell me why we should be concerned that a company used information that people posted on a public platform freely and willingly...to analyze trends...?

Do any of you actually even use Facebook...for reals...?

This is a big yawn...who the eff cares moment...wake me when you actually find something newsworthy...

YouSir

Heck yeah i use facebook. Dog videos are my kryptonite. And Dodo.

Theres not much inspiring content on the web. My FB feed is set up to make that better with jokes and animal videos.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Ummm...another point you all seem to be tripping over...this site uses targeted anylitical data in it’s advertising...they all do now...so obviously there’s a database that has your habits and user information compiled in order to target adds across multiple platforms strictly for you...the individual consumer...

You better all suck it up...cause it’s only going to get more intrusive and inclusive...you ain’t seen nothing yet...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Very limited use just to be cordial I'm sure.

They knew a set-up was in the making.

The record speaks for itself 😁

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

How could I imply it was never used when I quoted something that said they did use it.

cheese 😁 box

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Oh man, this isn't good for the lefrist. So much for that angle, lmfao.

As always, S+F

I prefer to believe Jared Kushner's answer BEFORE Fecebook and Cambridge became so suspect: www.vanityfair.com...

hen Trump adviser Jared Kushner bragged to Forbes about his role in steering the Trump campaign to victory, he emphasized the merits of its unique data operation. “We brought in Cambridge Analytica,” he said, referring to the Robert Mercer-backed analytics company. “We basically had to build a $400 million operation with 1,500 people operating in 50 states, in five months.” The relationship was lucrative for the firm, too: Between July 29 and December 12 of last year, the Trump campaign reportedly paid Cambridge Analytica $5.9 million, according to Federal Election Commission data. But on Wednesday, after the Daily Beast reported that its C.E.O., Alexander Nix, had reached out to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange with an offer to help release Hillary Clinton’s missing e-mails, Team Trump moved to distance itself from the company.

Of COURSE AFTER it all started to stink, we hear of the "distance" put between the campaign and Cambridge, and yet, somehow Mike Flynn got on the payroll of Cambridge, Bannon was VP, that's just a bit "odd" is it not?

I think Jared happened to be telling the truth when he was bragging, and that this "distance" is all now being created out of necessity.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

"Strategy",

"Strategy", and,

"Strategy" 🎊

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrubdog

originally posted by: Arnie123
Oh man, this isn't good for the lefrist. So much for that angle, lmfao.

As always, S+F

I prefer to believe Jared Kushner's answer BEFORE Fecebook and Cambridge became so suspect: www.vanityfair.com...

hen Trump adviser Jared Kushner bragged to Forbes about his role in steering the Trump campaign to victory, he emphasized the merits of its unique data operation. “We brought in Cambridge Analytica,” he said, referring to the Robert Mercer-backed analytics company. “We basically had to build a $400 million operation with 1,500 people operating in 50 states, in five months.” The relationship was lucrative for the firm, too: Between July 29 and December 12 of last year, the Trump campaign reportedly paid Cambridge Analytica $5.9 million, according to Federal Election Commission data. But on Wednesday, after the Daily Beast reported that its C.E.O., Alexander Nix, had reached out to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange with an offer to help release Hillary Clinton’s missing e-mails, Team Trump moved to distance itself from the company.

Of COURSE AFTER it all started to stink, we hear of the "distance" put between the campaign and Cambridge, and yet, somehow Mike Flynn got on the payroll of Cambridge, Bannon was VP, that's just a bit "odd" is it not?

I think Jared happened to be telling the truth when he was bragging, and that this "distance" is all now being created out of necessity.

Thats a pretty interesting find... but the article is from last year.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
newsflash

FB Terms of Service

and

Data Policy

read and weep 📵

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
newsflash

FB Terms of Service

and

Data Policy

read and weep 📵

Using it again for a quick summary of the links

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Adam Schiff has found a new (non-worthwhile) cause to pursue! He's convinced that the Trump campaign broke laws, and if necessary, will subpoena FaceBook's Mark Zuckerberg to tell all the goodies to Congress.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Adam Schiff has found a new (non-worthwhile) cause to pursue! He's convinced that the Trump campaign broke laws, and if necessary, will subpoena FaceBook's Mark Zuckerberg to tell all the goodies to Congress.

www.cbsnews.com...

HuuuuRah for Schiff(t)-Eye(s) 🙄

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Sure! You start with obama.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

www.cbsnews.com...

I can't wait to see who gives him an epic beatdown.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

www.cbsnews.com...

I can't wait to see who gives him an epic beatdown.

Could this be the year we see the revival of celebrity death match? (waits with little impatience!)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I can’t stop laughing after I saw you post this. Too freaking funny lol

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

The New Yorker ran an article in 2013 about how amazing and hip the reelection team for Obama was...how they mined facebook and other social media for data to sway voters...actual publish date i can t remember...will find it tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy
In 2013 I took a crap that is to this day more important than NYT......

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

How could I imply it was never used when I quoted something that said they did use it.

cheese 😁 box

so is this disinfo or misinfo...?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join