It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Story About Possible Interfernce In U.S. Election.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I'd like to know why Democrats and Liberal Media think that most Americans are too stupid to study candidates, and vote intelligently.

Because it's how they make their living. They rely on it.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: DogStarIn1066

Actually, in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I pasted in a bunch of my then-recent notes about Google being in cahoots with the CIA / Obama administration, etc. Facebook has a similar list. Then they exposed themselves even further during the whole "FALE NEWS" (anti-SJW / anti-war anti-DNC / anti-Obama / anti-Hillary) sites / videos / viewpoints melodrama just after the election. Samer story with Twitter, and some of the other ones. Then look at the universal pro-DNC thing with Silicon Valley and SJW organizations, DNC campaign funding, and so on. Totally one sided.

And because it is, its a THREAT to our Republic. TO have the whole lot of them, them who are the biggest social engineering threats this Century (if not of all time) totally in the bag for one side (no matter which side) IS A THREAT TO OUR REPUBLIC.

It shouldn't take a political rival to see this, for someone to criticize it shouldnt inherently be labelled the opposition team, and anyone on a team would surely go bonkers if it were the other team (meaning to support it because its their team makes them the most jagged tooth rat fink hypocrite possible).

Just... the quote for this whole thread....

When Obama did this in the 2012 election, he was hailed as a genius. Washington post? I think had a series of articles that were basically bragging about the process... Obama team datamined through Facebook and Google (with their permission, once they found out) and then were given the keys to the datamining castle because Facebook and Google companies BACKED HIM.

Maxine Waters bragged about it... the Democrats will never lose another election because of the vast size and scope of the database Obama put together.

Hillary Clinton griped and complained about the DNC massive database because... Obama didn't let her access it.

Now, a little company that did the same thing on a FAR lesser scale had a conservative take on it?

OMHFG.... it's the end of the planet and we should all just grab a vagina hat and start shooting white men. It's BRAINWASHING stupid people!!! It's everything we do as liberals but we are supposed to own that!!!!!

Another example of why the blue wave of 2018 won't even get to shore.

/facepalm

link   

You just think you don't give away your data. What are you doing here?

link   
I knew this was coming. The Anti-Trump narrative just got blown the f#ck out. Trump campaign phased out use of Cambridge Analytica data before election

Cambridge Analytica, a data vendor for the Trump campaign, was phased out during the general election, CBS News reports. The firm is now at the center of reports that it exploited Facebook data and harvested millions of U.S. voter profiles without user authorization during the 2016 presidential campaign.

The Trump campaign never used the psychographic data at the heart of a whistleblower who once worked to help acquire the data's reporting -- principally because it was relatively new and of suspect quality and value. The profiling approach utilized by Cambridge Analytica allowed it to predict the voting likelihoods of individual people based on personality, the firm claimed.

Facebook announced on Friday that the firm -- which is partly owned by billionaire donor Robert Mercer and which was paid $5.9 million by Mr. Trump's 2016 presidential campaign -- has been suspended for violating the social media company's standards and practices.

In late September 2016, Cambridge and other data vendors were submitting bids to the Trump campaign. Then-candidate Trump's campaign used Cambridge Analytica during the primaries and in the summer because it was never certain the Republican National Committee would be a willing, cooperative partner. Cambridge Analytica instead was a hedge against the RNC, in case it wouldn't share its data.

The crucial decision was made in late September or early October when Mr. Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner and Brad Parscale, Mr. Trump's digital guru on the 2016 campaign, decided to utilize just the RNC data for the general election and used nothing from that point from Cambridge Analytica or any other data vendor. The Trump campaign had tested the RNC data, and it proved to be vastly more accurate than Cambridge Analytica's, and when it was clear the RNC would be a willing partner, Mr. Trump's campaign was able to rely solely on the RNC.

Cambridge Analytica data was used for some targeted digital advertising and a large TV buy, but the main source of "get out the vote" and matching digital outreach data came from the RNC.

Oh look it was Fake news again.

link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l
The bottom line seems to be that ...
Robert Mercer hired C/A to .. y'know,...
help "The Donald"

C/A seems to do this very scary well.

Next time the opposition could hire them.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066

help "The Donald"

The companies that C/A used to do this are the water carriers for the opposition.

Unless you are not familiar with the name Obama....

edit on 19-3-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy
Kinda like how how the DNC dossier got thrown out before the election?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Right on cue from a thread I did this morning.

Here again we see people shocked at this bombshell, that a right wing source used a very small fraction of facebook data to influence elections.

Nevermind that Facebook itself is in cahoots with the democrats, as even Obama staffers have admitted.
Same old song and dance.

ijr.com...

Just like a few thousand twitter bots is a huge deal that stole an election, but the people that run twitter censoring conservatives and being in the bag for democrats is perfectly ok.

So I assume that all of the people saying this is a big deal are also outraged at Facebook itself exponentially larger datamining efforts that they use to influence elections for democrats and other left wing parties.

I look forward to your calls for ending Facebook doing this, and decrying their censorship of conservative voices!

End facebook.

Happy now?

I don't use it, or twitter, or any of the other sites that give away my data.

So make them all go away for all I care. Maybe help things in the long run.

I dont use any of them either.

In fact, while I find the data mining troubling, i dont see it as the huge problem others do, on either side.

If people want to willingly give up their info, so be it. I think that companies should have to be more transparent about how that data is used, but other than that, if people want to voluntarily post that info, its on them.

I just find the selective outrage hilarious, we have known for years that Facebook did all of this to favor democrats and the left, but it was no big deal. Now a group that looks scummy working for republicans does this, and its an outrage, even though they only have access to a small fraction of the data Facebook itself uses to help the dems.

It would be like having proof that the entire NFL was biased against the Patriots and being ok with it, but then becoming furious to find out one ref actually favored the patriots.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy
The fact is most likely all admins used this type of tactic. This must be stopped in order for democracy to thrive. People should smarten up and realize when they are being played.

link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: JinMI

Oh I am, have you not seen my posts? I'm just sick and tired of conservatives ignoring what's in front of them while yelling DEMOCRAT!!

Some would say they are off topic, others would say they are trying to bury the story by only talking about Clinton, Obama, DNC, Facebook, Google, and liberals.

This amounts to a tempest in a teapot by comparison. The acquisition of information for widespread uses is nothing new. However, go on, be outraged because it's a 'win'...right?

link   

"did you read ..."
c'monnn

The majority need pictures
no pixcs, din'nt happen

... even W/H perp walks,
moving images (!) still don't resonate

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Here again we see people shocked at this bombshell, that a right wing source used a very small fraction of facebook data to influence elections.

I look forward to your calls for ending Facebook doing this

Here you go, Em wah, Today, another thread, and not about the news in this thread,

"I can't help thinking that this Wylie character is not completely forthcoming with everything. I don't believe for a minute that he couldn't resolve a reason for the Russian company/s? being interested in the data, nor do I believe that Facebook would have no clue as to what all the data mining was about, especially since it was spread so exponentially from a relatively low number of people...facebook would have been very interested in that. And, to say the Cambridge Analytica group were unaware of any illegalities, is more like cover for himself. You could say that Cambridge Analytica were just plain Blasé about it all when you consider all the actors involved"

I think you should get it right, you're always postulating about only wanting the truth, yet the truth here is that what happened has been known for yonks...and reported on yonks ago, and all of it was directed to achieve a common purpose, on several countries as if.

Now you want to talk..small fractions of the population, how false you are, I don't even think you understand all the repercussions as yet. The Electoral Commission in the UK, will also come into scrutiny now too, maybe even some politicians who should have been looked at closer anyway...and then??

BTW, the 'small' fraction amounts to a given, 30 Million Americans...I don't know about the rest as yet.
edit on 19-3-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

help "The Donald"

The companies that C/A used to do this are the water carriers for the opposition.

or Cruz...

www.rawstory.com...

link   
The issue about bribes and such is no joke though, and should be investigated.

I will say its funny how the MSM find this undercover video a big deal and worth investigating (which I agree with) yet had absolute disgust when undercover videos were showing dem operatives discussing bussing people to vote multiple times, sending people to cause violence at trump rallies, etc.

Just another in a seemingly unending list of hypocrisy by the MSM

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

help "The Donald"

Only if you operate from the premise that there was no way Hillary could have lost unless Trump cheated.

Face it. She was quite possibly the worst candidate ever fielded in history, so bad even Trump could beat her.

edit on 19-3-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Much like they had people sifting through Sarah Palin's trash and hard copy emails, but wouldn't dare dream of looking for anything to do with Hillary's missing emails or sifting through the Podesta drops.

link   
a reply to: smurfy

I, unlike many anti trump people have been consistent on this.

I think that bots on any side are not a big deal.

I think that data mining on either side are not a big deal.

However, if you do think that these are a big deal, and have a problem with a company using a fraction of the data facebook uses to help their political allies, then you are a partisan cheerleader.

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Actually, in this thread:
I pasted in a bunch of my then-recent notes about Google being in cahoots with the CIA / Obama administration, etc. Facebook has a similar list. Then they exposed themselves even further during the whole "FAKE NEWS" (anti-SJW / anti-war anti-DNC / anti-Obama / anti-Hillary) sites / videos / viewpoints melodrama just after the election. Samer story with Twitter, and some of the other ones. Then look at the universal pro-DNC thing with Silicon Valley and SJW organizations, DNC campaign funding, and so on. Totally one sided.

And because it is, its a THREAT to our Republic. TO have the whole lot of them, them who are the biggest social engineering threats this Century (if not of all time) totally in the bag for one side (no matter which side) IS A THREAT TO OUR REPUBLIC.

It shouldn't take a political rival to see this, for someone to criticize it shouldnt inherently be labelled the opposition team, and anyone on a team would surely go bonkers if it were the other team (meaning to support it because its their team makes them the most jagged tooth rat fink hypocrite possible).

Thanks. I will review, and have read your prior postings on propaganda. They were well done.

I was even going to make some suggestions to you in some research I did in the 80s as a grad student in some related areas. I will see if I can dig it up - it is all paper, so I have to literally dig through files.

I also worked with one of the folks who figured out how to rig the Google results in 2008 or so. We could share some notes on that.

Thanks again for your help.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: face23785

Well, Kushner hired the firm and Steve Bannon was on the board of said firm and Manafort was involved as well, so yeah.

Kushner, Manafort were primary players in hiring Cambridge Analytica for Trump campaign

Steve Bannon’s data firm in talks for lucrative White House contracts

So Bannon may have known about it, being on the board.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Lumenari

help "The Donald"

or Cruz...

www.rawstory.com...

So you are inferring that something is wrong with conservatives using the same tools that liberals pretty much own and brag about using all the time.

Thank you for YOUR time.

I feel that mine was somewhat wasted replying to you though, because you won't really be able to grasp the whole hypocrisy thing that you just displayed.

Hopefully others on here will, but I doubt it because it seems that most members here stopped reading your political posts 15 months ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join