It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware the Enemies of Partisanship

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

There's a difference between unrelenting partisanship and people simply having different opinions. The kind of partisanship we have today is not healthy

It's the sign of a healthy, free society, where competing interests can engage peacefully in the democratic political process.
l

FFS.

Now you're grouping and polarizing non partisan people against partisan folks and calling them suspicious? So you MUST choose red or blue?

Give me a #ing break. That is the # we are talking about, people stirring the pot with bs reasoning to cause strife and adherence to horse#.

But I agree!

Wait...no I dont!

I whole heartedly refute pretty much everything you've said, largely due to your attacking non politically aligned people who are just trying to point out the actual hypocrisy and insanity of a lot of hyper partisan folks in modern society who day by day frighten everyone with their vitriol and nonsense.

Difference is crucial. Individuality and much more, crucial. That is KNOWN.

Instead, you've taken the points of those that are unaffiliated poltically, points largely about understanding and compromise, and not only bastardized them, but then label these people as suspicious, probable enemies to freedom?

Right...

But hey, my complete refutation of your thread premise is exactly what you wanted!

So in essence, you're right!

Albeit in kind of a bizarro way, as you utilized circular logic and psychological pretzeling...

Good job!....Sort of.

ps: i do greatly apologize for my minimal vocabulary and lack of grammatical eloquence.

😐

edit on 19-3-2018 by CreationBro because: Pretzels

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

So in essence, you're right!

In essence? How about in reality. You just disputed his argument peacefully. This is exactly what he is talking about, when referencing the peaceful part of his post.
edit on 19-3-2018 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
There can be no partisanship without unlimited debate.
Hence the insidious nature of hate speech laws and racial slurs, intimation and innuendo.
Who gets to say which words are what? Webster's? The government?
Should anyone be in charge of language or is it organic and arises by common usage?
Whoever can control the language can control the conversation.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Look where it has gotten the nation. It's failed experiment. The partisan circus has seen it's day, now it's time for it the two party system to end and make way for the independent parties that are NOT bought and paid for.

Wait, after all weren't the majority of Trump voters under the illusion they were voting for a populist outside of the Republican rule to take over the party? Wouldn't that make them the enemies as well? Also, wouldn't calling out Democrats by the opposite side be an enemy of partisanship? I suspect those who agree with the OP will no longer take one side now, but accept both sides, supporting the Two Party System's continuance.

a reply to: CreationBro

edit on 19-3-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2018 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Y'all are spinning this to be way more convoluted than it's meant to be. The OP wasn't about the 2-party system, but holding onto the tenets of ones values/beliefs without ceding them for the sake of harmony. Because a system of government in which a select few make all descisions unchallenged makes a lot of bad/dangerous decisions.

Really, the same idea could be applied to multiple parties that all agree, but someone plays the role of devil's advocate to further the debate and truly explore an issue.

Basically, be wary of people trying to Charlie Manson the whole lot of us.

Debate is healthy. Disagreement is necessary.
edit on 19-3-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Nope, didn't say it was only about the two party system, just pointing it out being that its the main players dealt with.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That’s why we should treat with suspicion those who continually and pretentiously lament parties, partisans and partisanship

There is one particular member that flogs this partisan BS in every thread but its obvious to everyone that they bat for the democrat-liberal mindset every. single. time.......whilst attempting to point out all the obvious flaws of conservative-republicans and never taking his own team to task - ever.

It's pathetic and weak.

That's funny, I could say the exact same thing about you and conservatism. Below I'll list all the times I've heard you remark disparagingly against Trump or a conservative....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join