It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collapsed FIU Bridge Was Funded by Federal Grant Program Criticized for Shoddyness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yeah but as far as I'm concerned they're both right.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

originally posted by: sine.nomine
I love all the people instantly resorting to mocking for putting any blame on Obama without addressing anything in the OP. As if we didn't have to listen to Obama blame Bush for more than half a decade.

I'm just calling it completely asinine to blame any sitting or past president for the failures of an apparent construction error. In your reasoning if Trump gets to build his " Communist wall", and it falls on someone I will be his fault.

Except it isn't just a simple construction error if the Government Accountability Office (GAO) said they violated the DOT's own standards in awarding the contract.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
It was Obama's fault! I knew it. He rigged the bridge to collapse with his own hands. That bastard.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I love all the people instantly resorting to mocking for putting any blame on Obama without addressing anything in the OP. As if we didn't have to listen to Obama blame Bush for more than half a decade.

I'm just calling it completely asinine to blame any sitting or past president for the failures of an apparent construction error. In your reasoning if Trump gets to build his " Communist wall", and it falls on someone I will be his fault.

Except it isn't just a simple construction error if the Government Accountability Office (GAO) said they violated the DOT's own standards in awarding the contract.

State and local building codes are still in effect. Are you saying the building inspectors were told by the white house to ignore them ????????

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

State and local building codes are still in effect. Are you saying the building inspectors were told by the white house to ignore them ????????

I'm saying more qualified people probably should've been awarded the contract. Somebody was clearly ignoring something in this case. Are you saying everything was on the up and up?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Until you know what caused it you can't blame anyone. The fact that you are tells me you need to take a break from news. I see it all the time people accuse oBama or clinton or Trump depending on which side you claim to be on. Sad how this country everyone wants to destroy the other side instead of taking the time to listen.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

But when there's evidence of corrupt practices or unfair bidding practices or whatever it may be with Trump, Obama, Bush, etc (we all know they all do this, they don't really hide it) and citizens are dying from it (while paying for it), maybe stricter consequences should be set in place that we can agree on as a society.

Or maybe that's just crazy talk...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: zeta55
I heard a stress test was being performed when bridge collapsed. Real intelligent, when cars were under the bridge, while stopped at traffic light. I don't know how a stress test is performed, so this may or may not have been the cause. While watching the news right after the collapse, an eye witness stated something fell from a crane onto the bridge. Either way, took some real Brain Surgeons to conclude that it was a good time to lift heavy equipment over the bridge while traffic was going under, and stopping at the traffic light, right under the bridge.

I pray the people crushed, went fast, and did not suffer.

You can see the videos. The crane was transporting a heavy block. The cable snapped, the weight hits the bridge and the cable wraps itself around a lamp-post.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Let me guess, they went light on the design to make it more eco-friendly or something absurd like that?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

No, they funked up the installation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join