It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Penalty for Drug Dealers is Dumb

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Why does that offend you so much?
I laid out a few reasons why this shouldn't be overlooked as a bad deal. Maybe you don't see exactly what Drug Dealers do when they move into a neighborhood, or maybe you don't care about the people that live in those communities. Maybe you just see the value of this, or maybe you have a personal stake in it all. I don't know, what I do know is that a kid is less likely to start selling drugs if he thinks it might be a death sentence , and that is the value of it. It's not going to deter the hard core people (laws rarely if ever do), but if you can prevent a kid from trashing their lives and the lives of the people around them, isn't that value?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
Trump said he wants to make a drug charge carry the death penalty...

There is no need to twist his words.. what he said is retarded enough without hyperbole.

My friend,

Trump said he wants to make drug trafficking charges carry the death penalty, not just any drug charge. So who is twisting words here?

Trump's reasoning is that thousands of deaths happen a day from overdose, and the drugs used in these deaths can be linked to these drug traffickers, and therefor they are somewhat responsible for these deaths, so why should it not be treated as a type of manslaughter?
edit on 20-3-2018 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Hi, well I'm wondering what you think about how many people overdose on drugs, or become heavily addicted. This opioid thing for example. How about that crocodile thing ? People need to realize there are consequences when they ruin other peoples lives for profit. What about women who are addicted and have babies born with addictions. Illicit drugs are truly a nightmarish thing. Look at what happened to Heath Ledger, and others like him.
That being said, maybe Capital Punishment is too harsh, but what else is there to deter people from this? Trump has said that drug dealers just operate from the inside whenever they go to jail.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

So does that mean the war on drugs everyone involved with the CIA selling coc aine into america to fund illegal black projects deserve the death penalty ?

like the whole Iran /contra affair and then the cover up using the clinton scandal

like double jeopardy

You do raise the point of what constitutes a bigger fish....

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
What I witnessed in East Cleveland was the most blatant corruption one could ever imagine. The police would only target the white 17-30 year old buyers whose parents would bond them out and or go into a lengthy expensive trial. I was at a CVS in the hood once and 5 squad cars pulled up and blocked me in so quick anyone watching must of thought I robbed the place. While they ripped apart the car and harassed me I commented that the guy on the corner was dealing right in front of them only about one hundred feet away they didn’t care nor did they even question him after they realized I had nothing on me and wasn’t doing anything illegal.

This next incident made me lose all faith in the police, me and my girlfriend got pulled over and searched. The guy in the back snitched that she had in fact stashed heroin in her vagina, the cop told her he snitched and he would be calling a female officer to retrieve it unless she handed it over. To my surprise she in fact did and the officer just let us go like nothing happened. About an hour later we got a call from our most renown heroin dealer he claimed his brother in law knows we got pulled and he asked if we snitched on him. He also claimed the put a GPS on the car which had us freaking out to which he responded with a heavy laugh and told us he was kidding but has a ton of people in on it down at the precinct.

There is no way he could of known if we got pulled over and even if he drove by and saw us he would of never asked if we snitched unless he knew that we in fact gave the officer heroin. We were well known for being very discreet and always making sure that there was nothing on us or very well hidden. We were K-9 searched every other week and he knew this but this time he knew the guy snitched all the details and it was about the most bizarre and eerie thing that’s ever happened to me regarding our police force.

Lastly the guy they did give life without parole to was the most trusted dealer in all of east Cleveland. Giving grade A heroin with no fentenyl cut or any other dangerous additives. He had the entire market on lockdown as soon as we taken down nearly every dealer was selling the murderous combinations of careafentylnand bufentyl, friends starting dropping like flies off of 1/10 of a normal hit they did every day.

There is so much more then what is really going on before everyone’s eyes. They began putting syringe only trash cans in gas station bathrooms the kids at our local middle school where I attended went from the mindset of taking a hit of pot was a death sentence from their parents to the new norm of kids shooting up in the bathrooms on a regular basis.

The police don’t care and like everything else with the world it all comes down to money. They don’t really care about busting dealers they never carry much money and will just get out and do the same thing if they do get caught. The white kids families won’t give up on their kids the government knows this and uses it to get them in suboxone/methadone programs all on daddy’s dollars. It’s all corrupt and that’s the main reason I moved to the south, they at least go for the dealers and seem to genuinely care about getting it off the street.
edit on 20-3-2018 by CrazyK22 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyK22

I've heard over time there's a lot of areas that have this issue that goes ignored. Once select people are in the system and it's known they garner profit for the departments it's hard to step out of that. Glad you resolved it. It's something more people need to be aware of.

I shared a news story (2015) in a thread about teens being busted for pot then made into snitches. Needless to say it didn't end well for them.

Probably why what's left of any if the Middle Class in the country is having an epidemic of heroin, milking the remaining money left of these people once they are hooked from Big Pharma then seek the street drugs pushed and harbored by the Feds themselves. Great War on Drugs, huh?
edit on 20-3-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
End the war on Drugs. End it.

End the war and most of the problems created because of it will begin to solve themselves.

You mean would stop using harmful drugs and kingpins would stop abusing the addicts for profits and spread world-wide access to drugs!? IM IN!

....wait.

(post by boxhound1972 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
where is the trump administration drawing the line for "drugs" here
or highly addictive drugs ?

I mean nicotine and caffeine are also highly addictive , alcohol is a drug and ruins more lives than opium

have they been specific with their death penalty for drug dealers ?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

edit on 21-3-2018 by DeIirium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeIirium

originally posted by: boxhound1972
a reply to: nwtrucker

You are supporting death for dealing drugs?!! What a piece of # you are! JMO though!

And what are you supporting, Drug Dealers who killed 47,000 people from illegal drug overdose and that was in 2015! And you got the gall to to call someone a POS????

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Trump is an idiot if he goes this route, IMO.

Yes, I'm an advocate of the rule of law and punishments and enforcement that act as proper deterrents (considering that's really the only role and laws punishments have--to stop people from doing things that society deems 'not cool'), but when the pendulum swing concerning the illegality of drugs is heading in the opposite direction, it would do him and Sessions well to consider what the people actually want and prefer concerning drug laws.

The polling is quite apparent that we want the war on drugs to end, or at least be reduced in intensity, so this move goes against the will of the people the trending opinion on the matter.

That said, my biggest issue is that drug use is a personal choice that directly affects one's self--most of the time, it is a victimless crime. I cannot see the death penalty being on the table for someone who supplies something that someone wants to use inside their own body.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I think that drugs are the personal choice of the user , its our own freedom to express ourselves and to alter our own consciousness. In the US if you are free to express yourself , then you should also be free to use whatever you like in your own body!

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I think that drugs are the personal choice of the user , its our own freedom to express ourselves and to alter our own consciousness. In the US if you are free to express yourself , then you should also be free to use whatever you like in your own body!

Yes, like when you are driving a car and a person that's free by choice on drugs accidentally cremes into your car, or robs your house violently! You can argue it was his personal choice and no ill will!

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeIirium

Yes, like when you are driving a car and a person that's free by choice on drugs accidentally cremes into your car, or robs your house violently! You can argue it was his personal choice and no ill will!

This is known as "conflation". You are taking one thing, and conflating it with another.

Driving under the influence is, and likely will remain, illegal.

That isn't what is being discussed here. You are conflating the 2 and trying to present them as a singular issue. Youa re incorrect.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DeIirium

yeh , that has nothing to do with the freedom to express yourself or explore your own humanity.

They are still breaking the law and should face the consequences of their actions !

sorry but you will have to do better, logical fallacies are well known around these parts !

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soulece

originally posted by: projectvxn
End the war on Drugs. End it.

End the war and most of the problems created because of it will begin to solve themselves.

You mean would stop using harmful drugs and kingpins would stop abusing the addicts for profits and spread world-wide access to drugs!? IM IN!

....wait.

How'd Al Capone get started?

Hint: It had something to do with the 18th Amendment.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

i like the idea of putting down heads of drug cartels but it needs to be expanded to ceos big pharm and here is why .
it has been found that certain drug compaines are sending small tows on a monthly basis enough painkille to give everyone in town a 3 year supply every single month. big pharm knows they are supposed to alert dea in such instances but they havent.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I support the death penalty for politicians that intentionally violate the Constitution or intentionally misinform The People for political gain.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join