It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Penalty for Drug Dealers is Dumb

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

originally posted by: Edumakated
Again, the only way to get rid of dealers is to get rid of users.

As long as there are users who are looking for a high, there will be dealers willing to risk jail time to make money. Simple supply and demand. If you get rid of the demand side, the supply side will dry up. No one is going to risk selling drugs if no one is buying.

Dealers serve a market, not create it.

Focusing on users would have far more of an impact than focusing on dealers.

I don't really support the death penalty for drug dealers. There are so many variations of dope dealers I'd be concerned that you'd start seeing small time hustlers being punished and not the guys moving real weight.

What penalty do you feel users and addicts should face?

I ask because in general, addicts deserve compassion, understanding and support. We are not bad people. We are damaged souls who initially start using to cope with some sort of trauma.

When dependency develops it becomes nearly impossible to stop without help. We find ourselves in a living hell with the original trauma never healed so the cycle becomes stronger with each passing day and the dark misery consumes us more and more.

Addicts should be given the gift of treatment and positive support. With this we are given the opportunity to learn about ourselves and to start healing the traumas that have plauged us for years.

An addict in recovery who has received the gift of transformation can be one of the best kinds of people.

An addict denied that opportunity is an unfortunate neglected soul.

We're people with a lot of pain who have good hearts and potential silently calling for help but treated like trash.

All addicts deserve a chance at recovery well before they are demonized and locked up.

I support legalization and rehab. My point is not so much to punish the users but acknowledging the fact that users are what drive the market. Dealers only deal and risk jail time because there are so many users. No one is going to deal drugs when there aren't many users as it doesn't make economic sense.

Focusing on drug dealing does nothing to reduce the demand. You take one drug dealer down, 2 more pop up in his place. However, if you reduce the demand (users), drug dealers naturally go away on their own as there is no longer any money to be made.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I think if it wasn’t considered taboo some pharma company might have come up with a non addictive alternative by now.

Plus if legal , you go to a shady doctor for your drugs. A shady doctor that can be later held accountable for over prescribing, exc.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I don’t think they should be illegal at all..

If drugs are not illegal then all the gangs and cartels are unfunded that day..

Hookers and robberies do not TOUCH the profits from drugs.

If some shady doctor prescribes them for people. You have someone to sue or charge for over prescription, exc.

OD’s drop considerably because you know what mgs your taking.

No need for a militarized police force. That is 100% do to ramping up to fight people funded by drug profits.

No need to spend 40k per person , per year to jail them and that makes up 60% of our present prison population..

MOST IMPORTANTLY, it was all a scam by Nixon to villianize the hippies and blacks, because they were his main political opposition. A top Nixon aid admitted as much from jail.

Then Regan raised simple possession from 1 year to 10 years because no one would snitch on their dealer.. which is obviously cruel and unusual punishment, since everyone already agreed 1 year was appropriate..

To which Clinton doubled down on it.

Like 75% of today’s problems are a direct symptom of the war on drugs.

It’s all been a scam the whole time..

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

You act like the orange bafoon thinks before he acts lmao.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So does that mean the war on drugs everyone involved with the CIA selling coc aine into america to fund illegal black projects deserve the death penalty ?

like the whole Iran /contra affair and then the cover up using the clinton scandal

like double jeopardy

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I read about this in the paper this morning and was gobsmacked. Taking a cue from Indonesia? Even floating this idea is ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Historically ghetto underground economies collapse in hard economic times when the right control big government policy.
The latest presidential election is a major indicator of a right shift in sentiment.
Were I in a ghetto situation dependent on the underground economy I would probably be looking at other options early.
Even the Nazi government was offering train service out of the German ghettos prior to the urban renewal firestorm.
I'm not sure but what actively resisting these strong government policies that effect low income people might end up causing the right to implement FEMA camps that were designed more like prisons in a final solution situation.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig
Ps personal responsiblity is a logical fallacy...

It sounds good and means nothing..

What are they responsible for??

What is a fair punishment for whatever crime??

Personal responsiblity is what a demoagoge says to make stupid people shut up and agree with them..

By definition it is deflecting from whatever point..

I say “the death penalty is ridiculous for drug dealers.”

The demagogue says “personal responsibility..”

Which is obviously ignoring the actual topic of what punishment is appropriate for what crime.

It’s toddler logic for stupid people..

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
how does trump square away the US government involvement in narco terrorism ?

every government since the British empire started selling opium into china has been messing with narco terror!

the US use it to destabilise Russia , just like the east india trading company were responsible for addicting 60 million chinese people.

Narco terror exists, and is also used to make money to pay for black projects ! before trump starts dishing out the death penalty for drug dealers he should drain the US government swamp a little more and get rid of those drug dealers in office and other government agencies

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Canada appears to be working the reduce demand side angle.

www.optionsokanagan.com...

Killing flights that carry contraband drug supplies wouldn't have much effect against pill farms.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

I had watched a documentary on kids with opiate problems in Canada before and it is a huge problem there !
it was actually quite frightening the age of some of these kids in their early 20's and addicted.

I'd have to disagree with you about the opiates, the fact that we went to afghanistan and increased the opiate production since the US lead invasion. We have had army , marines mention before that they have stood guard over fields of opium. The fact remains the west have been involved in Narco terror since the days of east india trading company.
We are actively involved the UK and US in narco terror and use the opium from Afghanistan to hurt our enemies.
We also sell it back home to make some cash to fund the black projects.

in the end the people suffer.

What does work however is legislation and decriminilisation because it takes the power from the drug lords, the cartels and puts it into the hands of the medical/pharma industry.
If you make it legal to grow and sell pot, then mr cartel loses out , he doesnt have money to fund guns, or terror , or human trafficking.
In theory it would work for other drugs , as in Portugal who appear to have a handle on this .

However the problem still lies with the big class A drugs, Opiates and Cocaine , and to a certain extent amphetamines
but if you take the power away from the hands of the drug dealers at the grand scale they wont be able to fund their other operations. But that is where the problem lies, if we take away the ability for the drug lords and cartels to sell their drugs and the drugs still keep coming then it will be obvious who is still selling them , the western goverments in whatever capacity they still use!

There was a significant reduction in ecstasy tablets when they introduced the legislation which tracked every precursor chemical to make meth dimethyl meth amphetamine, I remember because there was a significant reduction in pills
and the prices went mental.
Once they started tracking all the chemicals like PMA it made it hard for these to be bought and sold on international markets without someone being alerted as to why you need 400 gallons of acetone , or ethyl ether, or 3 metric tonnes of potassium permanganate
but all you need is a really decent cook and you can by pass it all.

All im saying is if the CIA have been caught so many times selling drugs into the US
and the first known narco terrorists were the British empire, do you think they want out of that cash cow and population control !

America its big business, a steady stream of revenue for the CIA , the US economy gets some laundered cash , the private prisons owned by senators are full to the brim it's a win win !

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Trump is following the example of one of his idols he admires so much, that murderer in the Philippines, Duterte. Trump loves gangster tyrants who murder their own people.

Trump Praises Duterte for Philippine Drug Crackdown in Call Transcript

President Trump praised President Rodrigo Duterte of the Philippines in a phone call last month for doing an “unbelievable job on the drug problem” in the island nation where the government has sanctioned gunning down suspects in the streets.

edit on 20-3-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump is following the example of one of his idols he admires so much, that murderer in the Philippines, Duterte. Trump loves gangster tyrants who murder their own people.

Other little known facts about Trump:

- he can make crops fail
- its his fault when it doesn't rain
- he actually wrote Obamacare
- He's behind bad hair days for everyone
- when he farts it sounds like a rubber ducky

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You really love Trump so much you follow people around who points out his glaring problems like loving murdering dictators and following their example.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I have personal experience on this matter dated a beautiful heroin addict and became one myself for a few years. I once had a dealer whose junk killed 5 people in a week not only was he proud, he began wearing wigs dressing up in drag to avoid detection and kept doing it. He probably purposefully murdered about 10-15 people with uneven cut fentenyl all because they were white not because they were addicts. So yes there are ALOT of dealers like this that intentionally kill to get back at the evil whittie, so if it were a case about him yes he deserves to die.
edit on 20-3-2018 by CrazyK22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

What does work however is legislation and decriminilisation because it takes the power from the drug lords, the cartels and puts it into the hands of the medical/pharma industry.

In the US many of the opiate addicts are using drugs legally prescribed for other people. There is a huge underground business selling surplus pills supplied by big pharma. Some of the pills were mailed to elderly patients that had actually died.

CIA involvement in the drug trade sounds kind of a dumb way to murder.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

You really love Trump so much you follow people around who points out his glaring problems like loving murdering dictators and following their example.

On a similar and related note, Jesus drank water. So does Trump. Ergo, Trump must be Jesus, too.

Never woulda thought Jesus was a brutal dictator in the Phillipines.

Wonder how many more degrees of Kevin Bacon we can play here?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is a documentary that was up on NEtflix but you can watch it here. It was about fentanyl and the opiod crises. Several thing got me really angry.

One fantanyl was originally made only for cancer pain but the company who manufactured it wanted to aggressively promote it for every type pain treatment.

There was a woman in the documentary who worked for the pharma company and she confessed it was her job to essentially lie on the phone to get approval to use fentanyl for minor things like back pain.

But what really got me angry was the same company that manufactured fentanyl also made the drug that EMS squads use to save the lives of people who are overdosing.
The company is now making the price so high on the drug that saves people from overdose that fire fighters and EMS can not afford it.
It's crooked as hell.
These companies are the real drug dealers and the worst that happens to them is they get a fine thats like a slap on the wrist to them.

I guarantee that none of the folks that run these companies would see the death penalty they are too wealthy and connected to ever get in trouble.

It would just be low level dealers that would end up getting executed. I guess the death penalty would be great if you wanted to push the united states further into a police state.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Trump said he wants to make a drug charge carry the death penalty...

There is no need to twist his words.. what he said is retarded enough without hyperbole.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

BWAHAHAHA

like he has a plan and isn’t just flailing around wildly.

Lol

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join