It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Penalty for Drug Dealers is Dumb

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Y’know, we mostly go through life at a brisk pace, subconsciously believing that idiots can not increase their idiocy, by default you just assume only an increased awareness is possible to them...

Then you are consciously reminded every so often that they actually can become more idiotic...

Way to outdo yourself, you fool.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Does this include the thousands of doctors that negligently prescribe opioids to millions?

Or the copious amount of big pharma execs that pull corrupt moves on pricing and availbability of needed medicines?

edit on 19-3-2018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Again, the only way to get rid of dealers is to get rid of users.

As long as there are users who are looking for a high, there will be dealers willing to risk jail time to make money. Simple supply and demand. If you get rid of the demand side, the supply side will dry up. No one is going to risk selling drugs if no one is buying.

Dealers serve a market, not create it.

Focusing on users would have far more of an impact than focusing on dealers.

I don't really support the death penalty for drug dealers. There are so many variations of dope dealers I'd be concerned that you'd start seeing small time hustlers being punished and not the guys moving real weight.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
So where are all these dealers going to be locked up?..................there's gonna be a massive queue to get a cell, unless Trump is gonna build a new range of hotels called Prisonlodge.....

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: davethebear
So where are all these dealers going to be locked up?..................there's gonna be a massive queue to get a cell, unless Trump is gonna build a new range of hotels called Prisonlodge.....

😂

Maybe he will just set up a super complex on the Moon for them.

Call it, Moontanamo Bay.

I like prisonlodge though...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I definitely disagree with the orange man on this one.

Cutting off the head of a snake that is able to regenerate its head only means it will regrow its head many times.

However, if you cut off the food supply, the snake will finally die from starvation.

Legalize and regulate all drugs, offer rehab and treatment services free of charge provided by the new boom in industry of drug manufacturing and the taxes involved.

This country tried prohibition of alcohol, and it failed miserably. This country has tried prohibition of everything else as well, and it's failing. Prohibition isn't the answer, all that does is create criminals.

Common sense is to legalize and heavily regulate, and tax it a lot.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I gotta agree with you here. Until big pharma is punished, I don't see any reason to punish the drug dealers...especially since they are enabled by the CIA and other various agencies who give a green light to drug trafficking.

This is just another knee-jerk response to a manufactured "crisis" which stems from the over-prescriptioning of America. Maybe big pharma is pressing the buttons on this one?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Besides.. the most guilty party AFTER big pharma is little old ladies selling their scripts..

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Ok, what about personal responsibility? After all should not the person who is buying narcotics also bear some bear some responsibility for their actions and choices?

Besides, if it were me, for those who are trafficking and or the person who is starts with, I would not kill, personally I think that they should learn what it is to be in that position of the people who is buying this stuff, and having to detox from it.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
So will the the pharmaceutical companies that aggressively pushed Oxycontin and fentanyl be facing the death penalty for creating the opioid crises?

WIll doctors who have been the pushers for big pharma be executed as drug dealers?

Nope probably not.

Just end the damn drug war. Draconian tactics like execution will only make it worse.

edit on 19-3-2018 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Again, the only way to get rid of dealers is to get rid of users.

As long as there are users who are looking for a high, there will be dealers willing to risk jail time to make money. Simple supply and demand. If you get rid of the demand side, the supply side will dry up. No one is going to risk selling drugs if no one is buying.

Dealers serve a market, not create it.

Focusing on users would have far more of an impact than focusing on dealers.

I don't really support the death penalty for drug dealers. There are so many variations of dope dealers I'd be concerned that you'd start seeing small time hustlers being punished and not the guys moving real weight.

What penalty do you feel users and addicts should face?

I ask because in general, addicts deserve compassion, understanding and support. We are not bad people. We are damaged souls who initially start using to cope with some sort of trauma.

When dependency develops it becomes nearly impossible to stop without help. We find ourselves in a living hell with the original trauma never healed so the cycle becomes stronger with each passing day and the dark misery consumes us more and more.

Addicts should be given the gift of treatment and positive support. With this we are given the opportunity to learn about ourselves and to start healing the traumas that have plauged us for years.

An addict in recovery who has received the gift of transformation can be one of the best kinds of people.

An addict denied that opportunity is an unfortunate neglected soul.

We're people with a lot of pain who have good hearts and potential silently calling for help but treated like trash.

All addicts deserve a chance at recovery well before they are demonized and locked up.

edit on 20-3-2018 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Terrible idea but I don't see it having the support to be put into law.

Are we going to execute the CEO's and/or employees of cigarette and pharmaceutical companies?

Even in the rare event this rhetoric becomes law, it will only provide more risks for the drug dealer, upping their prices for such risks and when someone suffering from addiction can't afford their fix, they'll turn to crime to raise that money.

You'll end up with harder drug dealers, more desperate junkies and death, as the president would say, "on both sides."

Limit the quantity of addictive pharmaceuticals, tax the sale of illegal substances and use that new revenue to open more rehabilitation facilities.

People should have the right to put whatever they want into their bodies and ruin their lives as they see fit. If those people have children, take the children from the parents and tell them to knock themselves out.

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom. Keep that in mind at all times.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Drugs are a choice, the user needs to make themselves aware of potential side effects, the dealer is under no obligation and doctors are not dealers no matter how you might spin that. I don't see pushers hanging out by the school gates luring children in with a bag of sweeties and some heroin as a side dish caveat emptor etc etc. Legalise it, tax it, use profits to set up programs to help those in need. Alcohol and cigarettes are drugs too, no problem in them being legal, they're a nice little earner.
IMO 'drugs' are only illegal because the governments are so far unable to tax them and folks are getting filthy rich and not paying those taxes and we can't have that. This is just sound bites from The Donald, he should go after the MIC and the alphabet agencies creating havoc across the globe for greed driven individuals. But he won't of course, all snouts in the same trough.

Looks like this has already been said, I'm late for the party.
edit on 20-3-2018 by Fermy because: Different time zones.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

This shows just how smart the controllers are when they can get this kind of a law pasted get bottom pushers executed when the pushers at the top are never even investigated.

The US military controls the world drug trade.

90- 95% of all illegal drugs entering the continental US originate from Latin and South America according to something I saw in a video on here some years.

The same video quoted some international organization whose research showed 95-98% of all drugs entering Europe come from Afghanistan.

The US millitree have been in and out of Latin and South America for scores of years. Remember the Iran Contra Affair?

The US has been in Afghanistan for what is it, 17 years and cant even spray all the poppy fields with Roundup or Glysophate which ever it is, for a couple of yours in a row????????

The biggest drug pushers in the world are the US millittree yet how many people reading the OP say Yes, yeas Yea, hang the xyz's.

Would suggest those who want to kill drug pushers start at the top and work downwards, would be more effective.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

Yes it's the patient or users responsibility to do their own research however, doctors do a great disservice in downplaying addictive potential which gives the user the wrong impression.

Even worse, when a patient seeks help for a developing dependency they are treated as if the withdrawal symptoms are all in their mind and givin no treatment plan for discontinuation and sent away very sick and feeling they're all alone. Which is a sure fire way to push someone into seaking illegal drugs in order to alleviate the terrible symptoms and be able to function.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I feel like Trumps plan is just all geared toward driving an emotional response, and in addition to doing nothing to solve the root cause of much of the crisis, in fact could lead to worse problems by shifting that focus away.

Dude, this paragraph pretty much describes his entire political approach and you're just catching on? Go back & rewatch his speech where he announced his candidacy for president (the "Mexican rapists and murderers" speech). Dude's been doing this the whole time. He dumbs down a perceived problem, makes a provocative response, and gets cheers or outrage for it.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I have watched this issue for the last few days, listening to differing opinions, considering the effects both short-term and long-term, and considering what I personally know about drug use. I think I'm ready to choose a side.

Trump is wrong this time.

As I understand it, capital punishment is already available for kingpins, but the legal requirements are so steep it is almost never pursued. That is, really, how it should be. While I support capital punishment, I only support it when there is no question as to guilt. That means it should present a very steep legal challenge to pursue.

The problem isn't the same as what I grew up with in the 70s. Back then you had the liberal (truly liberal, before pundits changed the meaning) hippies, who were essentially three bricks shy of a load IMO, but who never tried to harm anyone. The drug war was in response to them, because they did tend to make a mess wherever they went and their big thing was drug use. Back in my day, you had a whole bunch of small-time dealers, a few big time dealers, and a lot of users. The big thing was marijuana, which is as harmless (maybe more so) than alcohol.

Today, it's not the dealers that are the problem... it's the cartels and the pharmaceuticals. Pharmaceuticals are constantly wining and dining doctors to push their drugs onto patients, even going as far as to advertise prescription drugs on TV. You sit around watching all these commercials telling you 24/7 that this little pill will solve all your problems, it's likely that you will come to believe it. So when there's a little hurt, find a pill to make it all better.

But opiods don't make it all better.

I just recently lost my mother to a 30-year battle with schleroderma. Her last years were pretty rough, at one point requiring her to get a feeding tube. She was suffering from a side effect of the schleroderma: esophageal dysphagia. In simple English, she could not swallow. Anything she tried to swallow just went straight into her lungs. Shortly after she got the tube, the doctor put her on liquid iron and the hospice nurse was adamant about making sure she got her Norco. Now, I was adamant that she had Norco available, but I had also been cautious about only giving it to her when she needed it. But now, the regular doses of Norco three times a day, combined with the iron, set up OIC and caused her to throw up... which was an emergency trip to the hospital to try and clear her lungs out.

A friend of mine's father died some years back of bone cancer. I'm told it is the most painful type to have. I know he laid screaming in agony for hours on end at times. He needed opiates, and thankfully his son, my friend, made sure he got them.

Point being, opiates are not evil. What the problem is, is in how we use them. Taken for a terminal illness to ease suffering, they are a Godsend. Taken in moderation to make life a little easier in one's elder years, they are a Godsend. Taken regularly for minor discomfort, they are a dangerous crutch that can turn a normal person into a drug addict. Thus, the decision to or not to prescribe falls upon those closest to the patient: family and doctors. And the doctors only know what the patients and their families tell him.

What would you expect someone hooked on painkillers to say to get more?

So it is a problem with society, not just a problem with pushers. They are filling a demand that exists only because doctors will over-prescribe on request, then shut someone off with no thought to the addiction already in place. While it may well be true that illegal dealers assist thousands of deaths a year, it is also true that they are not the lone assistants. The pharmaceuticals advertising their poison on TV as some sort of snake-oil sure-all, the doctors who either don't know or don't care about the effects of addiction, and a society who cares only for short-term relief over long-term health, are all responsible. That's not to state there should not be stiff penalties for drug dealers; there should. Some drug dealers are indeed spreading pain and misery for profit. It just means they are not the only problem and should not be subjected to something as severe as capital punishment.

The best way to start combating this is to tightly regulate how pharmaceutical salesmen can interact with doctors and make it illegal to advertise any substance which requires official permission to use on TV.

Of course, another issue is poor quality medications imported from cartels... fixing the border will solve most of that issue.

Stopping the "war on drugs" is another giant step in the right direction. There are a few illicit drugs, like crystal meth, that need to be strictly outlawed. Those who produce them typically flush the hazardous chemicals used down the drain, contaminating groundwater for miles around. Crystal meth also destroys the body, killing a user slowly and painfully, and has no legitimate medical use. That should be strictly illegal under any circumstances, while marijuana should be legalized and controlled similar to alcohol.

Those three things will stop the epidemic of opioid abuse, and no one need sit in an electric chair (or whatever the silly concept of 'humane execution' has come up with this week).

So yeah... this time Trump got it wrong. I still support him in general, but not on this issue.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
To be honest, nothing has worked so far to stop opioid abuse.
This can't possibly make it worse but I doubt it will help either.

I agree 100%

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Uhhh if the drug dealers become as powerful as Hitler in their own way of some sort then you would have to kill them anyways.So this is exactly how corrupt the mafia was and how it got inside the government for political abuse.So understanding this is a major war getting worse and worse would be grounds for the death penalty unfortunately.Seems Trump is a president that understands what is happening to the world because of doing nothing.
It is like pretending WW2 was not needed.So we may be to far messed up now and it could get ugly with everything going on.
The people who claim the world could never turn into a mess like WW2 are always proven wrong as well as the U.S. ending up in a war of some sort.So all out war on drug dealers to kill them may eventually happen.
edit on 20-3-2018 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I don't know. Clearly our system of putting them in jail over and over and providing meals, shelter, healthcare isn't deterring anyone.

Giving the dude on the corner the death penalty for selling pills I don't think is what Trump is after.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join