It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Penalty for Drug Dealers is Dumb

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: nwtrucker

Yes, i am against all capital punishment. Murder is murder, state sanctioned or not.

That being said, you are trying to make a moral argument against my logical argument. It doesn't jive.

Bottom line: if someone has oxycodone and is in a drug addled state, the possibility of the death penalty is going to make them behave in a far, far more extreme manner.

Once someone believes their life is in danger, you can expect they will behave as if they are afraid to die.

My moral judgement doesn't need to 'jive'. Neither does yours...

The OP referred to the high-end people. Not users, per say, or even users that sell to pay for their drugs. There is a point where the victim aspect starts to peel off the higher up one goes, IMO.

I reserve the right to kill, or murder if you wish, in the defense of me and mine. If necessary, in the defense of this nation.

For me, a point where that line is crossed, the response of the individual becomes utterly irrelevant. If in my moral judgement an individual should die, then what he thinks about it, whether he resists or not, is academic.

The current system isn't working. In my view, legalization merely empowers even more profit. The legal drugs are worse than the street versions.

While whether it would work or not is questionable, if the cartel leader or the CEO of a Pharmaceutical Corporation knowingly sells destructive drugs, then I won't lose any sleep over them being 'ended'.

JMO, though.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

I'm by no means suggesting it. I'm just saying it'd be more effective than the death penalty idea. People would know what they're getting. Dispensers could track what people are getting.

We need more treatment and less prisoners. That's what I believe we should focus on. Give people a chance to have a life and be productive.

It's not the users that are the target here. It's the CEO who knowingly mislead what the consumer is getting. It's an FDA that holds, itself, 2,000 patents for vaccines. The leaders of drug cartels.

Of course, the users deserve treatment, not jail. Although I'm betting few users only are receiving prison sentences. The vast majority are for criminal acts and dealing.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Maybe under Trumps plan we can copy Dutarte model in the Philippines. Roving bands of cops killing suspected drug dealers with out due process. MAGA MAGA It'll be great

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

a reply to: Grambler

I can and do support it, pending wording and application. Your examples of where other heinous crimes aren't assigned capital punishment can be rebutted with they probably should be included as 'capital offenses'. JMO, though.

So you support the war against drugs, by default the war against the people... You better hope you have picked the right side....

By default the war against people?? That is about the most convoluted statement I've heard yet. Around 50K ODed and it's war against people??

I'm on the side of people not dying from drugs. What side are you on???

Should we execute the guys growing and selling tobacco , that kills alot more people.

We should execute texters while driving while were at it..

That's your call seeing you brought it up. My call is the high level guy/s that knowingly promote, mislead and distribute dangerous and addictive drugs.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Big Pharma would then be in their Nirvana. Invent more and more addictive compounds , with FDA approval, of course. Make even more money.

but isn't this what has already happened with the opiods? heck they are probably just irked that their customers are going to the black market and they are losing profits...

you can't address the opiod problem without addressing the role the healthcare industry plays in it...

I couldn't agree more.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

The pain clinics could care less if you are addicted, In fact they make money off the fact that people do get addicted. Their only concern is that you are not selling your pills, or grossly abusing them. But trust me they do not try to prevent you becoming addicted in any shape, form, or fashion.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

It's not the users that are the target here. It's the CEO who knowingly mislead what the consumer is getting. It's an FDA that holds, itself, 2,000 patents for vaccines. The leaders of drug cartels.

Your target, yeah. But Trump isn't going to be giving any Big Pharma execs the death penalty; that's just wishful thinking.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It'll be interesting to see if future generations will be as hooked on opiates as people are today.

In the last few years it has gotten much more difficult to get a prescription for pain killers thanks to the opioid epidemic.

You used to be able to go in and feign some sort of pain and walk away with a prescription.

Now doctors won't prescribe opiates unless there is a legitimate reason such as surgery or a really bad injury.

Things have definitely changed, doctors are not just handing out potent medications like candy anymore.

Doctor shopping is not nearly as convenient and easy as it used to be.

Even if one isn't doctor shopping they'll most likely be given non narcotic options as much as possible before being prescribed an opiate.
edit on 19-3-2018 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The entire war on drugs is a nixonian scam..

One of Nixon’s top aids addmitted from prison it was all a scam to villanize and take the voting rights from the “hippies and the blacks”.

Then Regan got mad that no one was willing to snitch on their dealer since possession only carried a year.

So he multiplied all the penalties for users times ten. Which imho is the definition of cruel and unusual . Since every one had previously agreed that a year was appropriate for a possession charge.

Then bill Clinton doubled down on it trying to look “tough on crime”..

The war on drugs is the worst policy in history and is 100% responsible for like half our problems.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Not to toot my own horn, well may be a little, but I did a thread on this subject awhile back.. Everyone should watch the 60 minutes interview on this subject....
www.cbsnews.com...

Big pharma has hired all the DEA peeps and got the inside skinny on how they work, and then lobbied congress to get laws relaxed. Some 6 million Oxy pills went to one small town in West Virginia.

Wanna hang someone, start with Trumps failed drug czar Tom Marino. Its all a scam...the whole world is a scam,

www.msnbc.com...
www.cbsnews.com...

TRIGGER WARNING: There are other left-wing sources available with the same info.
edit on 19-3-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yeah I mean some people are just being ridiculous about it and pretending they're gonna try to put you to death if you sell your buddy a joint.

If this was passed, which it won't be, I'm confident it would be reserved to high-level dealers of known-to-be lethal drugs. I'm not sure how I feel about it but you have to admit there's a certain logic to it if you already agree with the death penalty in principle. These dealers of lethal drugs know for a fact that some of the people that take their product will die. In some states if you commit a crime like a home invasion, and one of your buddies gets shot by the homeowner and dies, you can get charged with murder because while you didn't kill him your actions of going in on this home invasion led to his death. It's not much different, these people are actively committing a crime that they know will lead to deaths.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If you support this you ask to ask where does it end. I said the same with the Philippines president wanting this to happen. Is it going to be similar to that, mob rule dictating the deaths?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
If you support this you ask to ask where does it end. I said the same with the Philippines president wanting this to happen. Is it going to be similar to that, mob rule dictating the deaths?

It ends wherever the law in question says it ends. This isn't something that would just be left up to Trump or one of his people at a whim. If this did happen it would have to be a law enacted by Congress, which would spell out precise conditions for when it could be used.

ETA: That said, I don't see Congress passing such a law.
edit on 19 3 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Not only is it much harder to get oxys the formula has been changed so they can no longer be crushed or smoked. So things are changing for the better.

The war on drugs is terrible. There should be more opportunities of treatment for the addict and stiff penalties reserved for the real big fish.
edit on 19-3-2018 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I don't think anyone is alarmed about a joint, it goes deeper than that. Though, you do have to consider: How many marijuana dealers are still in prison across the US?

If you see the post above above your last, congress isn't exactly innocent. Some of those same types of politicians would have someone jailed over a law in which they break themselves.

That's good about it not passing, but am sure there are many backers who have invested interest who want other wise. let's hope sane heads prevail.

edit on 19-3-2018 by dreamingawake because: ETA

edit on 19-3-2018 by dreamingawake because: correction

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Your target, yeah. But Trump isn't going to be giving any Big Pharma execs the death penalty; that's just wishful thinking.

Off the top, that seems a reasonable take. Yet there's something about that man that I intuitively feel. The guy doesn't blink at the opposition. Be it globalists, the deep state, pedophiles, the opioid epidemic and others. You may not agree with all his preferred solutions, but he will articulate the problems without varnishing them with the usual justifications.

He may not get to where he wants these events to go, but he will make inroads, to one degree or another, in all of them.

This one may just may be his hyperbolic opening rhetoric and may settle for some far less draconian result. But I am confident something is gonna change and there are people reaching for antacids....

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Trump = Sensationalism = Attention

Do I believe for one second Trump actually cares about people overdosing on opioids?

Not even a little.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Could be. Trump admires Philippines president Duterte bigly....and invited him to the WH. MAGA

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Not sure what is more alarming - Trump's support by his sheep for his ideas, or the fact he gets his ideas from other countries and their leaders. It's obvious he has no idea what he is doing.. he makes crap up as he goes. French throw a parade? Hell.. we are going to throw a bigger one? China supports dictatorship.. a leader for life? Death for drug dealers? Ok.. sound good to Trump!

I wonder what brilliant tweet of an idea will formulate from his meeting of NKs Kim.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I can and do support it, pending wording and application. Your examples of where other heinous crimes aren't assigned capital punishment can be rebutted with they probably should be included as 'capital offenses'. JMO, though.

If enacted you will see police die in unprecedented numbers.

Cause and effect. People will not willingly surrender into a death penalty case. And you cannot police the unwilling.

Which is why Trump is full of it. It won't be the Big Time criminals. That would be a Drug War for real. Cops would die. People that have nothing to do with it would die in the crossfire. It would make many urban areas literal war zones. Not gonna happen.

They will do what they always do. Go after small time criminals, make an example out of them and appease the public while the major players remain untouched and largely going about their usual business.
edit on 19-3-2018 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join