It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Penalty for Drug Dealers is Dumb

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Grambler

I can and do support it, pending wording and application. Your examples of where other heinous crimes aren't assigned capital punishment can be rebutted with they probably should be included as 'capital offenses'. JMO, though.

If enacted you will see police die in unprecedented numbers.

Cause and effect. People will not willingly surrender into a death penalty case. And you cannot police the unwilling.

Hmmm, OK, in case you might not surrender willingly, I'm not going to execute you. Maybe that'll work for any other capital crime, as well. So your against all capital punishment?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Nobody is forcing these people to buy and use the drugs. But cutting stronger stuff into something else and not telling them, causing an overdose, should be equivalent to murder. But you can't make dealers regulate drugs. And you can't charge people with murder in that big of a gray area.

So yes, this idea is pretty stupid. You'd be better off decriminalizing all drugs in order to regulate them. That way ODs are purely and surely on the user.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I'm good with that.

If we are going to accept that personal responsibility is paramount, then it should follow that the individual pays for his/her mistakes and that the burden is not placed on the tax payer.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
To be honest, nothing has worked so far to stop opioid abuse.
This can't possibly make it worse but I doubt it will help either.

I agree, I doubt it will help. However if someone gave or sold drugs to my granddaughters, I would probably 'take care of it my self.'

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Nobody is forcing these people to buy and use the drugs. But cutting stronger stuff into something else and not telling them, causing an overdose, should be equivalent to murder. But you can't make dealers regulate drugs. And you can't charge people with murder in that big of a gray area.

So yes, this idea is pretty stupid. You'd be better off decriminalizing all drugs in order to regulate them. That way ODs are purely and surely on the user.

Decriminalize them to regulate them? More deaths of late from the 'regulated' drugs. That august body, FDA, bought and paid for by Big Pharma... Imagine all drugs legalized...Big Pharma would then be in their Nirvana. Invent more and more addictive compounds , with FDA approval, of course. Make even more money.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

pssst...

Ain't it funny how the same crowd that pleads to outright ban all firearms also pleads to outright unban the whole medicine cabinet?

I'll take a sip for irony.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: DBCowboy

pssst...

Ain't it funny how the same crowd that pleads to outright ban all firearms also pleads to outright unban the whole medicine cabinet?

I'll take a sip for irony.

The agenda, be it drugs or guns has never been about drugs or guns.

It's about controlling the populace.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Yes, i am against all capital punishment. Murder is murder, state sanctioned or not.

That being said, you are trying to make a moral argument against my logical argument. It doesn't jive.

Bottom line: if someone has oxycodone and is in a drug addled state, the possibility of the death penalty is going to make them behave in a far, far more extreme manner.

Once someone believes their life is in danger, you can expect they will behave as if they are afraid to die.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Not true.

Im for full legalization of all drugs, and ardent pro2A.

I would rather see us treat ourselves with compassion than prison.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I'm by no means suggesting it. I'm just saying it'd be more effective than the death penalty idea. People would know what they're getting. Dispensers could track what people are getting.

We need more treatment and less prisoners. That's what I believe we should focus on. Give people a chance to have a life and be productive.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066
Seems to me that this drug war, started by Nixon, has always been used for political purposes. I won't go into those purposes, but we know some of them.

So why not end the war and look at the causes.

Most folks want to get high.

Ok.

So do that in safety, and carry on folks.

Someone gets out of line, and you apply the laws we have for DUI, drunk and disorderly, etc.

Someone has a problem with overuse, get them help, just like we do for booze.

No more war, and no more politics.

Enjoy your buzz responsibly.

Oh, it was:

The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people.

You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities.

We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.

-John Ehrlichman, counsel and Assistant to the President for Domestic Affairs under President Richard Nixon.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I can and do support it, pending wording and application. Your examples of where other heinous crimes aren't assigned capital punishment can be rebutted with they probably should be included as 'capital offenses'. JMO, though.

So you support the war against drugs, by default the war against the people... You better hope you have picked the right side....

By default the war against people?? That is about the most convoluted statement I've heard yet. Around 50K ODed and it's war against people??

I'm on the side of people not dying from drugs. What side are you on???

Should we execute the guys growing and selling tobacco , that kills alot more people.

We should execute texters while driving while were at it..

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
We knew it is coming from a 'grabber' ( woman's private parts, guns, rights without due process) when he wanted to increase the militarization of our peace officers.

We have some corrupt cops (not all, some of them) already planting 'toy' guns to get out of jail. Now they can just plant some drugs for instant execution.

I am sure there will be a quota system to boost his ego (crowd size anyone) to claim this many executions happened under this admin.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Not true.

Im for full legalization of all drugs, and ardent pro2A.

I would rather see us treat ourselves with compassion than prison.

I apologize for casting my net over you then

link   
Is it going to take care of the Big Pharma drug dealers? Likely not. It's those who help foster people into buying heroin from the Cartels and more. The Cartels that are in the pocket of the Fed still won't be held accountable-via the Fast and Furious-like operations.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You guys are all smart enough (well apparently not) to know the kingpins are not the ones who are going to get caught right?

They use mules and they will never stop using mules why would they give 2 shi ts about the death penalty?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You guys are all smart enough (well apparently not) to know the kingpins are not the ones who are going to get caught right?

They use mules and they will never stop using mules why would they give 2 shi ts about the death penalty?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Big Pharma would then be in their Nirvana. Invent more and more addictive compounds , with FDA approval, of course. Make even more money.

but isn't this what has already happened with the opiods? heck they are probably just irked that their customers are going to the black market and they are losing profits...

you can't address the opiod problem without addressing the role the healthcare industry plays in it...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Aaaaargh ---- Hello Dutarte!

How about just skip the formalities and go straight for the REAl drug dealers! Execute the CEO s of the pharmaceutical companies who have pushed this poison! ...and how about a few FDA officials who were surely bought out.

www.nytimes.com...
www.addictions.com...
www.thenation.com...
www.npr.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaYote

Another thought to toss into the mix ---- since when are we such wimps that we cannot handle a little pain?!
Before I get blow back -- yes, there is PAIN and there is pain.... when my mother-in-law was dying from multiple myeloma bone cancer...sure, giver her anything she wanted.

In general, we need to do a better of job of treating the causes of pain, both physical and emotional.

Why do so many people choose to use drugs simply because they are bored (recreation?! ---- geeze, go for a bike ride, dude, or unhappy ....again, go for a hike, a bike ride... take a class, go have some zesty experience! ...How about, it's OK to have a bum day or two, get off your arse and do something for someone else --- amazing how good THAT feels.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join