It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Penalty for Drug Dealers is Dumb

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Can't say I agree. Logically, if you want to fix the issue, it would have to be death to drug users not pushers. Pushers are supplying demand. Without users there would be no pushers as money couldn't be made.

I think the best approach is legalization.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Isnt treason punishable by death?
Anyway america is on the verge of decriminalizing or legalizing cannabis. And medical scientists are finding all psychedelics have medical benefits for different brain dissorders. Opium is bad because of its deliterious effects from addiction. Why cant the cheeto push rational use? Wait thats the last thing to increase power. I smell a nod to duteurte.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It will be used by the Fed's to go after marijuana farms wont do a thing for opioids .

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It's dumb as s!!t, pure populist rubbish.

It could mean you have a lot more excellent shoot-outs, pursuits and tortuous executions though if this goes ahead. It could be seriously epic, speaking as a foreign viewer

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

If it's good enough for third-world countries, well then, it should be damn good enough for the US. Don't cha think?
edit on 19-3-2018 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Can't say I agree. Logically, if you want to fix the issue, it would have to be death to drug users not pushers. Pushers are supplying demand. Without users there would be no pushers as money couldn't be made.

I think the best approach is legalization.

Ummm...pushers are...creating demand...then supplying it...

With all the OD's from that crap...it's already a...death to drug users...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Only if you want to become..a third world sh#thole

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
wonder if his plans include death penalty for the doctors and drug companies that recklessly push the opiates out the door or if it's just gonna be small time kids peddling pot that gets nabbed.

it's the healthcare industry that is getting them hooked more than anything else would be my guess.

Bayer is cool, it's prescribed, Dontai not so much, he will be killed.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

It's outlined in his book, "Art of The deal".

Say you and I debate on an issue.

Lets say gun control.

You want it, I don't.

I ( as Trump) open up with allowing all guns, no background checks, machine guns for babies, free guns for puppies.

You recoil in horror.

I then come back and (as a compromise) say, "Okay, no guns for babies, no guns for puppies, and I'll allow background checks as a compromise."

You see it as me compromising on an issue and take it as a win, I get what I always wanted, yet give you the appearance of you winning.

If you keep that in mind, much (most) of what Trump does and says, starts making more sense.

It makes the whole shock and awe of what Trump says so damned funny, because people still expect Trump to act like a politician instead of a rug merchant in the Canary Islands.

(Spent time there, Canary Islands, every deal with every merchant cost them their livelihood and stole food from the mouths of their babies, fun drama, amusing sales approach.)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

More like art of a dbag.

Aiming high isn't new for negotiations. This guy isn't even aiming high in the right direction, he is acting high.

If he was for freedom he would say "free drugs for everyone, ok just kidding, decrim and don't sell to minors."

But " murder drug dealers!" Being played off as bluffing for what? Life in prison?

Sessions has already proven he is violently out of touch on the pot thing.

He had a kill potheads statement before, if I remember right.

The psycho Korean, Chineese communist crap has no place in the US.

If our president is saying this crap, it's time for a citizen shutdown.

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: edit

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

*shrugs*

Okay.

Go storm the White House brah.

I'll hold your beer.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I dont support the death penalty.

I just think that its a cowardly way out and what would be better is just years of hard labour in a small cramped cell with some rather relaxed guards and some rather nasty cell mates for people who commit the most serious crimes in society.

That said however, if you live in a state where the death penalty is used for convicted murderers then I think it stands to reason that drug dealers should also face the death penalty. Those scum bags who make millions upon millions from selling this crap the poor people knowing that it will inevitably cause death and carnage. So if you are ok saying that some dude who just killed a family of 5 then to me it should also then follow that some scummy drug dealer who has been supplying drugs that have lead to so many deaths then they too should face the chair.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Haha

That's your response? Surely you have an answer that isn't smug. Come on, at least try to make a normal response.

So you think Trumps doing an art of the deal move where he is pushing murder and is really selling freedom?

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: added

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Here is the problem .. Defining large quantities .. Say its 100 kilos well then they start trafficking 90.

So we start executing at 50 and they start trafficking 25, and before you know guys who sell there prescriptions are going to be facing the damm death penalty.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Mandroid7

*shrugs*

Okay.

Go storm the White House brah.

I'll hold your beer.

Proving once again...

When it comes to Social issues...Republican's Suck

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
My views on this are kind of two-fold.

With Decriminalization working as well as it has in Portugal then I'd like the US to take this step rather than killing those who deal drugs.

On the other hand, some of these dealers are cutting drugs with lethal chemicals and that's making it 100x more likely to cause overdose or serious damage to veins/organs so on so forth.

I personally believe you should be allowed to take whatever you want, whenever you want, as long as you're not impacting anybody else through your drug usage.

Government regulation could seriously increase safety when it comes to drug usage, it can prevent the spread of disease, prevent overdoses, prevent septisemia, can give users a safe place where they can get educated and supported to come off of the substances.

I understand that many believe the government shouldn't have to pay for another persons right to get high, but in actuality you already are.

The strain on the health services, the spread of disease, overdose rates so on so forth is already being paid for, by regulating substances you can use those funds gained by tax to deal with these issues and use the excess for infrastructure.

Drug use is not a criminal issue, addiction is a disease.

However, those who deal drugs and cut them without the correct knowledge on balances and dosage are killing people.
The government needs to buy out the black market.

If these substances are readily available the black market collapses since the demand is going elsewhere.

Death Penalty is a bit extreme in my honest opinion however, 25 years or more incarceration would be a good deterrent, they did the same over here in regards to those supplying methadrone ("Legal High, Cocaine Type") (different from methadone) because it was killing people, they gave a minimum of 5 years up to 25 years jail time.

The war on drugs has failed, it's time for the world to take a different stance on drug usage, there's plenty of medical applications for these drugs that are being supported by studies.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This is all in response to "the opioid crisis" which they created in the 1st place.

Thsi right here is the most HITLERISH thing I have ever heard him say..
edit on 19-3-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Live by the deal, die by The Deal

I don't really have any love for criminals or big-time drug lords. I am mostly on the lawful-neutral side of things and just plain don't get involved in that crap. You won't see me crying.

I'll let the experts whine and moan about it though.

So why do you vote?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
There's too many variables to say kill drug dealers.

What level of dealer?

The hospitals? The fentynal importers?

Big pharm lobbying writes our laws.

Are they going to write laws that kill themselves?

We are guarding poppy fields.

"It seems like the label washed off your pills Bob, here step over here and read a magazine in this gas chamber please."

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Such a law passing would mean most of the Fed Gov would need to put itself under a Guillotine as they are responsible for much of the drug trade in the first place.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join