It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wolf spider untanglement - so sweet!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: katerinaGrace
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Bwahahaha
My daughter would go one step further and nuke it from orbit if she could

Like Ripley said, nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure. If it takes out the neighborhood, they can bill Me!

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't understand, he had two very capable weapons in his hand and the spider lived?

fail!

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Disenchanted1
Did you not see the thing holding up certain legs for help before he touched the leg?
Animals do ask humans at times for help and distress; don't sell yourself short and remember you are human and therefore humane as well, well if you want to be.

Ha-vent you heard? A bear with a thorn in his paw will roll over and let you pull it out. Then beg you to rub his belly.

Back in the 80's I wrestled with Boris the bear at a traveling circus side attraction for $5, i'd get my money back if I could pin him for 3 seconds.
Nope pinning him was impossible; he was trained enough that it knew not to hurt you, he had a muzzle and mitts on his paws. He rampaged me within 15 seconds surprisingly gentle too. And damn he had the worst breath ever. See after he pinned me he kept licking my face.

I fear ever encountering any wild bear cause I know the strength.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
you know i'm not 100% sure how much the spider understood that vs. just waiting for a chance to escape, but good on the guy for being so helpful and careful. spiders are awesome.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
People tend to ascribe human traits to critters... not to say critters aren't conscious, as I think they are. I figure consciousness is just a matter of degrees, and we just happen to have more wattage than the average bug.

But, gratitude? The (very nice) man is likely being anthropomorphic ... but likely isn't absolutely, and I've witnessed some pretty spectacular incidents of mammals showing thought, gratitude and even whimsy ... so why not spiders to some degree?

Though this biology we're part of runs on death... the spider catches and slowly kills mildly conscious beings, everything kills millions of microorganisms every movement, and thinking about their dim screams of terror would fill an empathetic souls nightmares, were we to really consider all life as capable of feelings.

So? Maybe the motto is there's always something out there bigger than you, and arbitrary stomping might come back to haunt someday... especially if something like karma exists... or my detaunt theory of kindness, really.
edit on 3/19/2018 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Wolf spiders are all over the place here. They don't bother us. They sure can hot far, they sit on side our garage between the shed and jump on the moths that fly by. It's amazing how they can hit that moth so often. I had a wedding reception here and had to spray them. I was not happy that I had to do it, they kill a real lot of bugs. Most here are not that big, but some of the females are huge. I saw one that had a body of about three inches long and about three quarters of an inch wide. Add the legs to that. I killed her because I was afraid the wife would make me kill everything if she saw it. I felt bad as I sprayed strong carb cleaner on it but it died quickly anyway.

If people knew the size of spiders in the woods here, they would not go outside. They are harmless unless you piss them off. Even the brown recluse don't usually bite, I did have one bite me in the leg though and had to go get some seriously expensive antibiotics for the infection. It healed all right but took about a month. I do not know if the antibiotic treats the venom, but the area was getting infected bad so it helped with that. The doctor did not know for sure if it was from a brown recluse but he said it was like others he had seen. Where I got bit, the neighbor also got bit, his got a lot worse. He ordered firewood from an area where the spiders were common, about fifty miles away. His friend brought many truckloads for him when he came into the area..

If your afraid of spiders they jump at you for some reason. I have been bit many times by spiders in my life, the worst one other than the recluse was a tiny red one that I was teasing. Don't tease spiders no matter how tiny they are.
edit on 19-3-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: katerinaGrace

Pretty cool video and his steady hands were remarkable.
I don't know if the spider was scared or playing dead or whatever but the guy says he done this sort of thing before.
I would just like to tell him to dust his house!
I like spiders also so thanks for the share.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Sorry,

KILL IT WITH FIRE

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: katerinaGrace

That's brilliant, thanks for sharing!

We have somewhat of a False Widow infestation at our place, and there's one that lives in a smal crack in the downstairs bathroom ceiling. My partner wanted me to get rid of it, but I noticed one night when I put the light on that it quickly ran and hid in its little hole, that showed fear in my eyes and kind of endeared me to it.

It's still there, lol

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Your reply made me laugh so much yesterday,made me think of these:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Sorry you got bit
!!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I got some wonderful photo's of a tarantula a few months ago,i think it also just froze. I was cooking and out of the corner of my eye i saw movement to my left. I like to keep things dim in my house,i cannot stand fluorescent light,we live at night by dim lamps and candles.As i got closer,i saw it was a tarantula,and i hit the lights to take pics. It froze indeed,and i got some nice shots. I had to straddle it to get shots from above.That sounds all kinds of wrong
but you know what i mean

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I would love to have a pet tarantula,and i love snakes also,would love to have one as a companion.But it is not the cost of the creature so much as the cost of the terrariums.I would never take something out of the wild if i cannot give it a decent lifestyle,and big spacious terrariums are expensive.That is why i have never,and never will,keep birds. If i had to keep a bird,i would want it to have a flying space at least the size of a multi-storey 5- bedroomed house,with a water feature,many plants,etc.And that i cannot afford

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Ahh noooo

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I so seldom see a spider around here in winter,maybe they're all snug as a bug in a rug up in the ceiling space

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

See my reply to member jtrenthacker

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Again,see my reply to jtrenthacker

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

I think so too,either way,that guy is a Sweetie

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I know about anthropomorphising,however i like to think this spider wanted to be helped.Maybe just whimsical magical thinking on my part,but i have had many magical - seeming interactions with the natural world and its creatures so who knows

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

You're very welcome
The moment i saw this vid,i just knew i had to put it up on this site. I chose not to do an introduction because i am a really boring person with a boring (but very happy) life,so i figured this is way more interesting than just me saying Hi i'm new

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join