It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wolf spider untanglement - so sweet!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I found this so sweet. This guy says that a wolf spider will let you help it if they get tangled up in dustbunnies or something like that.
I found this just so touching and amazing. I got really angry when i read the comments that says to just stomp on it. The spider obviously has a consciousness,it wants to be helped. I quite like spiders,as long as they are not crawling all over me.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: katerinaGrace
I got really angry when i read the comments that says to just stomp on it.

Me too!

Everyone knows you should burn your house down instead, just to be sure. Why get close to that thing?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I live in a land of big bitey spiders. I'm not a fan of spiders...some spiders that is but I go by the motto of live and let live.

I love having the daddy-long-legs, huntsmen and little jumpy spiders around my house, as they deter the not very nice spiders and catch annoying bugs and little flies for me.

Thank you for sharing this vid, so I may not be so afraid helping some of my eight-legged mateys out!

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: katerinaGrace

Amazing. Once the spider knew the intention of the guy, it stop moving and let him help.

Great video.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Bwahahaha
My daughter would go one step further and nuke it from orbit if she could

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Bwahahaha
My daughter would go one step further and nuke it from orbit if she could

I'm right there with her. That thing could crawl in your ear and lay eggs and you don't want zombies do you? Because that's how you get them.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: katerinaGrace

I'm halfway through and it doesn't appear the spider is letting him do anything.

It kept backing off, and then kind of just became non-reactionary (aka playing dead.)

edit on 19-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

You're welcome,i find spiders fascinating to watch too.Next to my pc there is a lamp that draws small buggies,so there is this very fat jumping spider that lives behind my desk and comes out at night. I often see him munching on a small bug,wish i had one of those macro lenses to properly photograph it. Jumping spiders have really sweet cute little faces.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23243715]NarcolepticBuddha[/post
I'm halfway through and it doesn't appear the spider is letting him do anything.

It's waiting for him to turn his back so it can sink its fangs into him. It's like the Stewie Griffin of the insect world.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

I found it really charming

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Just watch till the end

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: katerinaGrace Wolf spiders are mean little dudes. And that bite is not pleasant to say the least. I will say that it could have just been my bad luck though.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Just watch till the end

Does it give him an 8-legged hug? I still think it was too afraid to move. I say that because I see spiders freeze up all the time when I get too close. They can either run for it or just wait it out.

edit on 19-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Wolf spiders creep me out, funny because I have tarantulas and they don't creep me out at all. That spider was pretty compliant..my tarantulas do groom themselves somewhat.
I would never stomp on any spider, if I find one I just put it outside.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Did you not see the thing holding up certain legs for help before he touched the leg?
Animals do ask humans at times for help and distress; don't sell yourself short and remember you are human and therefore humane as well, well if you want to be.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well is that something!

Not your everyday "wolf" spider; that's a "Huntsman Spider". When i was little we called them "monkey spiders".

A common sight in the south. There's a bazillion of them living in my barn.

Note arachnid's arent insects. They molt their 'skin' like crabs molt their shells: all in one piece. For a while I had a big one set at eye level where I'd open the door to my spice panty cabinet. I'm not an arachnophobe, but they're so big and menacing (and fast) they still cause me to jolt a little and laugh uncontrollably for a second. I really need to set up another one there (the old shell fell and got too damaged eventually).

They can literally run (at what appears to be full speed) "across the ceiling" (well along that corner edge where the wall meets the ceiling)!

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disenchanted1
Did you not see the thing holding up certain legs for help before he touched the leg?
Animals do ask humans at times for help and distress; don't sell yourself short and remember you are human and therefore humane as well, well if you want to be.

Havent you heard? A bear with a thorn in his paw will roll over and let you pull it out. Then beg you to rub his belly.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I usually detangle them with a large shoe or boot.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Like a cat though, you can only give 3 rubs, any more and you're toast

edit on 19-3-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Where I live the wolf spider retreats to the warmth for the winter, usually by sneaking into someone's house through a crack or some other entrance. I've found that chestnuts seem to work, even if it is probably an old wive's tale.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join