It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems attacks on social media wrong doings will back fire

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Beware also the push against the canard of "fake news". The fact that it was attacked by both the multi-national tech giants, certain states, and certain members of certain political campaigns, all of whom have tasked themselves with controlling our information, is disconcerting to say the least.

Hopefully soon we will find out that most of the social media propaganda was propagated by the the accusers, and the very interests that now seek to muzzle it.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua
a reply to: Grambler

Well, it sounds like your blaming the dems when in fact its the uber wealthy that make up the deep state who profits off of wars and a divided and struggling populace. The uber wealthy happen to fall on both sides of the political spectrum, Robert Mercer, Koch brothers, Shelden Adelson, Rupert Murdoch... none of which likely complained when we went to war with Iraq and Afghanistan under a republican president.

The EXACT same can be said for democrats and their wealthy elite.

The point is that we are getting manipulated by both sides, but if you can't see how FOX news plays in to your fears just as much as MSNBC plays in the liberal fears... then I don't know what to tell you.

The deep state only cares about profits and empires, they don't care about the false dichotomy of liberals vs democrats. They use wedge issues to control us.

That would mean that you believe there exists no truth but your own.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

66 flags and still way underrated. Hit the nail on the head with this one. The left is crazy. Their double standards are their only standard.

They can't win in the debate arena so they attempt to monopolize the media to ensure the other side of the argument is never heard. We need more speech, not less. But the left is all about censorship of speech if they don't like it, because they can't rely on reason to push their ideas to the top.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Was wondering where you've been!

Tempest in a teapot.

Seriously, as if collection and use of data hasn't been actively going on in MANY different facets for years now (thanks Snowden).

IMO, what this should do is have folks fleeing Facebook. Removing themselves completely. However, that aspect is not the MSMs intention.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Lets take the russian bot example. So we are to believe that a few people making bots that are pushing a pro russian narrative on Facebook and twitter has the ability to steal an election, but these platforms being ran by democrat or left wing supporters that routinely censor right wing and constantly push pro democrat messages is of no consequence?

It boggles the mind.

A year ago I made a similar statement to a friend of mine who considers herself a strong "progressive". I asked her to explain to me how exactly Russia could influence the general voting public in the US with their pro-Trump propaganda when it was already widely proven and known that Google, Facebook, and Twitter were doing everything to censor any and every pro-Trump messaging? She literally just stared at me with the unmistakable realization what I had just asked was pure and simple logic.

Boggles the mind, indeed.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53
All I'm reading is some kind of paranoid justification for putting a morally corrupt idiot in the most powerful position in the world. Dont you people understand if we impeace this piece of # and get him out of office we would still have a conservative republican I.E. Pence. And maybe we would not have to put will all this childish behavior.

There we go. Screw rule of law. Lets just get that bastard any way we can.

Sounds like the DNC 2018 platform.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Oh look, right on cue.

Remember, the left was so appalled by a group paid for by trump using facebook data.

Well it turns out, an Obama campaign manager admits that Facebook was in the tank for them, and allowed them to use this data themselves.

A former Obama campaign official is claiming that Facebook knowingly allowed them to mine massive amounts of Facebook data — more than they would’ve allowed someone else to do — because they were supportive of the campaign.

In a Sunday tweet thread, Carol Davidson, former director of integration and media analytics for Obama for America, said the 2012 campaign led Facebook to “suck out the whole social graph” and target potential voters. They would then use that data to do things like append their email lists.

ijr.com...

But never mind that Facebook is ran by dmeocrat supporters and is helping them mine info on voters, thats no big deal. Now a different company trying to use a small portion of the info that Facebook has access to to help republicans, that is a HUGE DEAL!!!

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Some would say astounding.

Most of us would say meh, that's what they do because they have nothing but wanting control and power over everyone by any means possible.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Good to see you back up and running .
So what to do and who to do it to ...I think there are lessons to be learned for all but there is a young group who best put the breaks on real soon ,and those who they look up to and take direction from had best smarten up and realize that the ends justifying the means is a no go zone ... think of the kids

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Russia Russia Russia! RWNJ! VAST right wing
conspiracy.

Give me a break pathetic crats.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Dems have an entire superpac they have dumped millions of dollars into that is openly dedicated to social media manipulation... and they have the hubris to start pointing their fingers at someone else? They must really think people are this stupid.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Dems have an entire superpac they have dumped millions of dollars into that is openly dedicated to social media manipulation... and they have the hubris to start pointing their fingers at someone else? They must really think people are this stupid.

I know! They must think all of us are as stupid as those that voted for her.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Spot on

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
So if this is all the leftist democrats, why is the investigation being led by the quite-far-right UK conservative government?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
So if this is all the leftist democrats, why is the investigation being led by the quite-far-right UK conservative government?

Because the establishment on the right and left is on the same side.

They want total censorship of any viewpoints or methods that dont favor them.

Why havent the conservatoves enforced brexit in the UK? Cause they are globalist estbalishment people, like their buddy hillary.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler>>>>>> What I hope people realize is that they're going after social media because the deep state hates that people have a free and unfettered access to soap box discussions and the exchange of news and opinions that run counter to what they want us to hear. Screw the MSM and the official narrative, people have to have the ability to hear what others have to say and the right to be heard. Yes, some of whats said is fake news and unfounded opinion, maybe a little is even trolling. But so is what the MSM and Deep State push on us. So social media ended up being a threat to them and now they want to pretend that it has to be taken down and rebranded in a more positive way. They'll silence us and that will be that.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: Grambler>>>>>> What I hope people realize is that they're going after social media because the deep state hates that people have a free and unfettered access to soap box discussions and the exchange of news and opinions that run counter to what they want us to hear. Screw the MSM and the official narrative, people have to have the ability to hear what others have to say and the right to be heard. Yes, some of whats said is fake news and unfounded opinion, maybe a little is even trolling. But so is what the MSM and Deep State push on us. So social media ended up being a threat to them and now they want to pretend that it has to be taken down and rebranded in a more positive way. They'll silence us and that will be that.

Absolutely correct.

The establishment was happy to have near total control over the media for decades.

Now with social media, they have lost that monopoly, and they desperately want it back.

And so they are desperate to censro any voices that disagree with them, in the name of stopping a few russian bots, or one company that worked with trumps campaign.

All the while many people cheer them on.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The Cambridge Analytica story itself is a bit of a canard... when put in the context of all the Socials and their data practices.

While that story blows up there's video of a Dem data engineer talking about how they essentially did the same thing... Facebook KNEW about it... and allowed it to continue because FB was "pro-Hillary".

Later, Facebook even contacted the data engineer (can't find the link at present), and talked to them about the huge data grab by the Dems... and continued to allow it.

THAT'S why FB stock has tanked. Wall Street types and well educated analysts know this is about the socials, and not about C.A. and their shenanigans.

The other CLEAR conflation in all this... is what C.A. did with data... is just a speck on the screen compared to what Google/Alphabet, Facebook, Amazon, etc... the "big data" players, do with the data amassed on Americans and the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
But but what about all those AM station talk shows? Those radio stations reach far more people that Twitter, Facebook, PBS, NBC, ABC, CBS, nearly every trade magazine and publication, and just about every single major newspaper outlet.

I think it's so unfair that right wing talk shows have such an advantage. And don't even get me started on GAB or T_D reddit.

Are you implying that right-wing people think for themselves whereas left-wingers let their masters do the thinking for them?
edit on 27-3-2018 by eNaR because: reworded the sentence

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNaR

originally posted by: Fools
But but what about all those AM station talk shows? Those radio stations reach far more people that Twitter, Facebook, PBS, NBC, ABC, CBS, nearly every trade magazine and publication, and just about every single major newspaper outlet.

I think it's so unfair that right wing talk shows have such an advantage. And don't even get me started on GAB or T_D reddit.

Are you implying that right-wing people think for themselves whereas left-wingers let their masters do the thinking for them?

I think that all depends on the individual. I have seen many "left wing" people that do truly think for themselves but it seems that when push comes to shove most of them will swallow the medicine and then begin to repeat the mantra's. I believe this is because somehow their politics have sort of become a religion to them.

For instance, how could any Bernie supporter come back into the Hillary fold when it is a known fact that the DNC via Hillary rigged the election against Bernie? If I were a Democrat, that would make me leave that party for good.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Because the establishment on the right and left is on the same side.

They want total censorship of any viewpoints or methods that dont favor them.

Why havent the conservatoves enforced brexit in the UK? Cause they are globalist estbalishment people, like their buddy hillary.

Remember than "right-wing" in the UK Europe is just another form of Big Government.

Side note - I work in the international regulatory group at my company now, and I can tell you that Brexit activities are underway. UK licenses and registrations are being modified.

Oh and welcome back
edit on 29-3-2018 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join