It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems attacks on social media wrong doings will back fire

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Also note, in those various "list of fake news sites", I kept seeing listed all the overtly liberal anti-war sites as such, the same ones we would have seen war mongering neocon's scream to shut down. Basically, criticize Obama's / Hillary's manufactured war in Syria and get added to the "fake news site" lists. The same lists Google / Facebook / etc said up front they were going to utilize in their auto-censor bot BS.

+33 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

No I just was getting computer repairs.

Have your IT guy check it out again. It still tends to whine.

I placed a call to let him know what you said.

he said not to take you seriously, cause you are just upset at how I make you look like a fool every time you try to respond to me.

But thanks for the tip!

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Oh look, right on cue.

Remember, the left was so appalled by a group paid for by trump using facebook data.

Well it turns out, an Obama campaign manager admits that Facebook was in the tank for them, and allowed them to use this data themselves.

A former Obama campaign official is claiming that Facebook knowingly allowed them to mine massive amounts of Facebook data — more than they would’ve allowed someone else to do — because they were supportive of the campaign.

In a Sunday tweet thread, Carol Davidson, former director of integration and media analytics for Obama for America, said the 2012 campaign led Facebook to “suck out the whole social graph” and target potential voters. They would then use that data to do things like append their email lists.

ijr.com...

Obama was keeping a secret data base on millions of Americans.

Remember Maxine Waters told us this years ago, but how funny
that no one wanted to address it at the time.

Obama could do no wrong.....

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

a reply to: TonyS

I agree that the democratic party is seeking a total monopoly on all media.

The same can be said of academia. Although university administrators and educators are overwhelmingly democrats or left wing, the still refuse to allow even the few conservative voices that enter the world of academia, even going so far as to make excuses for violence and intimidation to censor this.

That behavior is now being modeled with media and social media, we arent seeing violence yet, but the cries for censorship and actual censoring of conservatives and even left wing non establishment views is increasing every day.

Quite correct! And I have no doubt that ultimately they'll entirely succeed. They "own" Academia. They own the traditional media and now the "Social Media" is firmly in their sights. I swear this feels ever more like living behind the Iron Curtain.

And this "Russia" thing is being turned into a "Macarthyism" type thing. I can only wonder how long before they pounce on Twitter.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You know, instead of screaming about puts out a narrative and how, it might just be easier to produce a discerning populace ...

NAAAHHHHH, who'm I foolin'? Then we'd be able to think and the brown substance would really start to hit the rotating propellers.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
But but what about all those AM station talk shows? Those radio stations reach far more people that Twitter, Facebook, PBS, NBC, ABC, CBS, nearly every trade magazine and publication, and just about every single major newspaper outlet.

I think it's so unfair that right wing talk shows have such an advantage. And don't even get me started on GAB or T_D reddit.

That's about the only medium that the right wing has an advantage. However, that advantage is driven mainly by free market forces. Left wing view points don't do well on radio either due to demographics or that leftists can't form arguments in a non-controlled environment. There have been left wing oriented radio stations (air america) and talk show hosts. Most fail...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
*C-L-A-P* *C-L-A-P*

^^^that's me giving you a slow clap on this one

I think you nailed this

Thanks for the good read

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

They might do all right if they could figure out how to entertaining. From what I've heard, they can't.

Why listen to someone who's shrill and unentertaining, when you could just tune in to someone like John Stewart or nowadays any of the late night TV guys and get the same stuff only with a more entertaining (to a left-leaner) spin and presentation?
edit on 19-3-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
As an independent voter I have lost all faith in what is the modern day Democratic party.

In my mind any credibility the left had, is long gone.

When I see the left making accusations, I automatically assume that they have done the act in question already and are projecting their guilt onto the right.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Fools
But but what about all those AM station talk shows? Those radio stations reach far more people that Twitter, Facebook, PBS, NBC, ABC, CBS, nearly every trade magazine and publication, and just about every single major newspaper outlet.

I think it's so unfair that right wing talk shows have such an advantage. And don't even get me started on GAB or T_D reddit.

That's about the only medium that the right wing has an advantage. However, that advantage is driven mainly by free market forces. Left wing view points don't do well on radio either due to demographics or that leftists can't form arguments in a non-controlled environment. There have been left wing oriented radio stations (air america) and talk show hosts. Most fail...

You beat me to it. People listen to the shows, so they get advertisers. They pay the bills. I do think they provide a slanted view, but they are fun to tune into, and what the heck, it is better than most music.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Has anyone got more info on what Hillary was talking about regarding AI, I think it pertained to Google or Facebook and whether what her campaign was doing would interfere with it?
It was in some of the emails that Wikileaks dropped, either the Podesta or DNC drops.
It is possible that it was connected to data mining. I don't know, but it has been bugging me since it leaked.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Pretty good welcome back thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
All I'm reading is some kind of paranoid justification for putting a morally corrupt idiot in the most powerful position in the world. Dont you people understand if we impeace this piece of # and get him out of office we would still have a conservative republican I.E. Pence. And maybe we would not have to put will all this childish behavior.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This is interesting....

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

This is interesting....

www.rawstory.com...

I think this one is more interesting

swampland.time.com...

edit on 19-3-2018 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Yeah, he should just use his party and the national press and spies and the intelligence community to try to win the election like they did! Its only fair

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

This is interesting....

www.rawstory.com...

If Cambridge offered bribes, they should be investigated for that.

However, that is a separate matter from the charge of them mining facebook data on people, which so many dem mouthpieces have decried.

Again, if one company getting a small fraction of the info facebook has on people is a problem, then Facebook otself with all of its data being in the tank for the dems seems to be a far bigger deal.

Yet surprise surprise, the same dems and media that touted how big a deal the Cambirdige story was havent said a peep about facebook censoring viewpoints against the dems or helping dems by using its data.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

No I just was getting computer repairs.

Have your IT guy check it out again. It still tends to whine.

I placed a call to let him know what you said.

he said not to take you seriously, cause you are just upset at how I make you look like a fool every time you try to respond to me.

But thanks for the tip!

LOL - pwned.

As to your OP, data mining and exploitation of the individual for political gain is the fundamental M.O of corporate America across the entire political spectrum.

Trump won because those educated enough to see the forest through the trees regarding this M.O had enough of the liberal BS that is destroying the planet and decided its time to fight fire with fire.

Enter DJT.

Keep educating the low-info liberals mate - your work is yielding results.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

welcome back totally agree with you. but i think its already hurt them . i think their media control backfired to much anti trump and pro hillary message caused people to look closer at hillary's dirt because she must be bad.

like when you know your daughter dating a dirtbag you treat him like he is your son or best friend invite him to dinner she will drop him like a steaming turd.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join