It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SYMPOSIUM - Predicting The Future From The Bible.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If you are interested in the future of events from the bible this symposium might be of interest to you.
It will be given in almost every major city in the world in 2018.

If the North Korea negotiations are a success I think we could be looking at a go on the first one on the list......which would mean the rest are to follow.
Some might wonder why nothing could touch Trump, I myself have wondered this....but he might just be a tool like Cyrus The Great or Nebuchadnezzar was back in ancient bible times because God was using them to accomplish something very specific they would be somewhat successful until they accomplished a certain goal. After that goal is accomplished, it doesn't matter anymore

We are in very interesting times.....as Jesus said, "Keep On The Watch".
edit on 19-3-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Is anything from that list from the NT? Because.. you seem to mention Jesus, too. And that does not fit into that symposium at all.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
One can look right at Prophecy and dismiss it in favor of things like the flavor of the month provocative stories by the likes of Huffington Post or Drudge Report, and give them credence above all else.

Or the new 'trend' on social media, or take as gospel the likes of Stephen Hawking, Neil De Grasse, even All Gore. Believe without a doubt the likes of Fox, ABC or CNN news. While all the time rabidly attacking anything Christian.

Fine.... it is your privilege and prerogative.

What you can't do is change the past, and often in scripture the past tells of future events. Many, many of which have come to pass, unlike the Quatraines of Nostradamus which many look to as their predictor of future events. Or the late Sylvia Brown.

But there are different opinions here, pro and con on every issue. EVERY issue. that is ATS.

www.openbible.info... I'm sure attack will follow, but you know what? That's where faith comes in........ or history.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
Lol.
Yep. Everyone is a tool stacked and sitting on a hedge.

On one side of the hedge is a crop field where people range from ploughs to spades.

On the other side, they become war machines and blades.

So yes, the sooner a person chooses either Jesus or Lucifuhrer, the sooner they can be spruced up into shiny spiritual WMD's for the coming battle.

Time is limited for getting those Power-Ups from Heaven or Sheol.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Does your symposium have a link?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
A PM from Abednego....

Sorry to reply you by message but somehow the reply button is not working.
You said that you read somewhere that if you pronounce the name of God you get some powers.
The thing is that God has no name because there is none before Him to name it.
The interesting part (and this we see in the bible) is that the egyptians knew that if you correctly pronounce the name of any spiritual entity if may control this entity until the entity fulfill you wish.
That is why Moses ask for the name of the entity in the desert. But this entity knew about the egyptian ability to control the spirits. That is why Moses got the answer: I Am that I Am. In other words, "I will not give you my name, you will not have control over me".

There seems to yet be those working in the dirrection of harnessing this 'sound/name' of God. One currently circulating is Marko Rodin in his videos, and to a lesser degree Nassim Harmein. I personally am not proposing or denying it, but simple recalling a minutia of curious things heard in the past. And again I don't remember exactly where, but within the last decade or so..

Frankly as prophecy goes, the next event I would expect to see is the complete destruction of Damascus. There are few pre-end prophecies left to come to pass if one follows Revelation or the prophets.
edit on 19-3-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I think saying I am tired repedtly in your head will make you tired. So if you say I am able to make a basket so many times it should make you make it. Will power & focus. That's the Lord's name & game, I am. I am what for the moment

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I checked out your link and found from 2 Timothy:

But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

On another ATS thread today:
US boy, 9, 'kills sister, 13, over controller'
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kinda creepy that; kinda hits home.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

"But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people."

YES this one always comes to mind, and on a daily basis just being in Public. But not All peopple are this way. Those who would remember this scripture would likely be of good nature.

edit on 19-3-2018 by Plotus because: add

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
When will humans learn that humans are absolutely terrible at predicting the future? These "events" discussed at the symposium have been imminent for the last 2000 years (which makes me question what Christians mean by the word "imminent"). If you as a Christian still believe in that propaganda I feel like you should be ready for it by now.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

"But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people."

YES this one always comes to mind, and on a daily basis just being in Public. But not All peopple are this way. Those who would remember this scripture would likely be of good nature.

That is such a generic statement that it can be literally applied to any time in history. Here, let me rephrase that for you, "There will come a time in history where people will be extremely selfish". So name a time in history where that wasn't the case.

What I really hate about the Book of Revelation is that Christians like to use it to wash their hands of any responsibility in creating or fixing the issues in the world. They just say, "well such and such event is predicted in for the end times, so I'm going to sit back and wait." Never mind that their inaction contributes to whatever problem they are complaining about and then Revelation never happens anyways. Most (*ahem* ALL) of the time, those lazy (selfish) Christians end up dying of old age first.
edit on 19-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Plotus

That is such a generic statement that it can be literally applied to any time in history. Here, let me rephrase that for you, "There will come a time in history where people will be extremely selfish". So name a time in history where that wasn't the case.

What I really hate about the Book of Revelation is that Christians like to use it to wash their hands of any responsibility in creating or fixing the issues in the world. They just say, "well such and such event is predicted in for the end times, so I'm going to sit back and wait." Never mind that their inaction contributes to whatever problem they are complaining about and then Revelation never happens anyways. Most (*ahem* ALL) of the time, those lazy (selfish) Christians end up dying of old age first.

I dunno, isnt wealth accumulation, and wealth inequality, at record levels?

Even serfs under feudalism had the entire winter off when there was no farming to do, and rent paid free. If they had our technology, they would have it made. I doubt there was thousands of homeless people everywhere you go in every major city.

Come on, even you have to give this some merit.

Its almost like someone in biblical times understood what the effects of widespread use of technology in a human population would consist of.

Is it too hard to believe that a genius or autist of some type could have had a deep understanding of the direction the world was moving in. Someone able to see the big picture in a way the emporers of rome could never even dream of?

But I get it. It came from the bible. So literally the only tool you have available when faced with this "opponent" is to deny it.

The second part of you post, I agree with wholeheartedly. But its not only Christians and the Bible. People do this with the news, movies, tv shows... People watch a movie like The Insider with Al Pacino, or any of the Wall Street corruption films, such as Wolf Of Wall Street, or any movie that exposes some real life wrongdoing or issues, like Gorrilas In The Mist, or Boyz In The Hood, and they walk out of the theatre thinking,

"Wow I bet you a lot of people saw that movie and were as moved as I was and will now do something about that problem! In fact, I bet you there are groups forming, organizing, mobilizing... I would probably just get in the way. But its good to that SOMEone out there is Probably doing something. I mean, Id be really surprised if everyone who saw that movie just went about their normal lives, not after being exposed to This eye opening, deep Truth!"

I had to LOL at "lazy selfish Christians", and then again at you relishing the thought of their dying. Jesus, for a cannabis advocate (for rhat i will always respect you and consider you a friend) you have some serious s# simmering just beneath the surface... I'm talking of Hatred, my friend. It's been consuming you for years... (as long as I've been here at least)

Have you posted an OP about the reasons for your personal grudge/vendetta against Christians?

Do you see any seperation between Christians and The Bible? Or you just hate them both equally? Let's not split hairs or play semantics either. For the sake of conversation, let's just agree, you HATE christians for all intents amd purposes.

I'm just curious, do you also share a similar disdain for the bible itself? What about Jesus?

What if you just seperated the man, the myth, the legend of Jesus and the follies of his self-proclaimed followers, away from the Teachings Of Jesus. What do you think about the Teachings of Jesus? Was he just grossly misunderstood by some well meaning and other zealous men with lust for power and lust for accolades? Or was he a part of the deception from day 3? Or did he even exist?

If he didn't exist, do his teachings still have any value?
edit on 3/25/2018 by 3n19m470 because: inserted a typo

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t
What I really hate about the Book of Revelation is that Christians like to use it to wash their hands of any responsibility in creating or fixing the issues in the world. They just say, "well such and such event is predicted in for the end times, so I'm going to sit back and wait."

So did you stop Revelation 8:10 for occurring ?
Something hit the waters and turned the water 'bitter' as quoted in the Revelation.

On 11 March 2011 Fukushima went meltdown. Since then many creatures have died from this 'BITTER' (Radioactive) water. It states that a 1/3 of world water is made bitter. Hmmmm, how big is the radioactive Pacific Ocean ?

The scalar weaponry satellite that caused that earthquake was probably named 'Wormwood'. Note: the "whirl-pool" off the coast of Fukushima; where is the standard whirl-pool VORTEX. Unless of course TPTB used satellite technology to beam down a attack on the earth plates from orbit.

TPTB & MIC are 'atheists' and all obey the Book of Revelation, because their WMD's are making it all happen.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
I dunno, isnt wealth accumulation, and wealth inequality, at record levels?

I'm not saying things are perfect.

Even serfs under feudalism had the entire winter off when there was no farming to do, and rent paid free. If they had our technology, they would have it made. I doubt there was thousands of homeless people everywhere you go in every major city.

Yea meanwhile, merely living through the winter as a serf was an accomplishment in itself.

Come on, even you have to give this some merit.

No I don't.

Its almost like someone in biblical times understood what the effects of widespread use of technology in a human population would consist of.

No it isn't. It's more like some pessimist from yesteryear made a pessimistic guess. A guess that is actually shortsighted since it ignores all the good society is doing these days.

Is it too hard to believe that a genius or autist of some type could have had a deep understanding of the direction the world was moving in. Someone able to see the big picture in a way the emporers of rome could never even dream of?

Yes. It is. Even DaVinci didn't even guess how his technology would ultimately be used.

But I get it. It came from the bible. So literally the only tool you have available when faced with this "opponent" is to deny it.

No. It's prophecy. Prophecy is pretty much just a large guess, therefore it is ALWAYS wrong. Pick out a prophecy from ANY religion and I'll laugh at it for being a stupid (and vague) guess.

I had to LOL at "lazy selfish Christians", and then again at you relishing the thought of their dying. Jesus, for a cannabis advocate (for rhat i will always respect you and consider you a friend) you have some serious s# simmering just beneath the surface... I'm talking of Hatred, my friend. It's been consuming you for years... (as long as I've been here at least)

o.O WHERE DID I RELISH THE THOUGHT OF CHRISTIANS DYING!? Good god man. I #ing HATE when people put words in my mouth. Stay in your own lane and don't presume to know my intentions or thoughts. I'm not even going to address the rest of your post I'm that angry at you for saying this terrible lie about me.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
So did you stop Revelation 8:10 for occurring ?
Something hit the waters and turned the water 'bitter' as quoted in the Revelation.

On 11 March 2011 Fukushima went meltdown. Since then many creatures have died from this 'BITTER' (Radioactive) water. It states that a 1/3 of world water is made bitter. Hmmmm, how big is the radioactive Pacific Ocean ?

Lol. You are one of those types who takes events in the world out of context and tries to apply them to vague descriptions in the bible. Nevermind that in order for Revelation to work the prophecies have to come out in order. You can't just pick and choose which ones have been fulfilled based on the news of the day.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Some might wonder why nothing could touch Trump, I myself have wondered this....but he might just be a tool like Cyrus The Great or Nebuchadnezzar was back in ancient bible times because God was using them to accomplish something very specific

I have privately said the same thing since October of 2016. At first, I attributed Trump's rise to simply a cult of personality, but then I began seeing things that told me it was a spiritual battle being raised.

Now, my prediction: the statement I just made above will soon be twisted around to mean I think Trump is the second coming of Jesus. That, when it happens, will be a profession of complete ignorance. God has used men throughout history, some good men, some not-so-good men, some downright evil men. King Saul was a schizopath; he ushered in the reign of King David. Moses was a murderer and an outcast; God used him to lead the Jews to Israel. Paul wrote what? two thirds of the New Testament? He was a mass murderer of Christians! That was his job!

So no, no sanctification of Donald Trump in that statement. Just an acknowledgement that God is working.

I'll likely not attend the symposium. Not because of disbelief, but more of disgust. You see, I am pretty cynical when it comes to prophesy interpretations; it requires a lot of due diligence, and that is sadly lacking much of the time in our present society. Some time back (over 9 years ago! Wow!), I wrote a thread entitled Behold, the black horse of Revelation! that pretty much summed up my feelings about Revelations and prophesy in general. Revelations is true as written... not necessarily as interpreted. Prophesy in general is personal to the prophet. Prophesy can be faked, and must be vetted as a whole for each prophet.

But, it's a lot easier to just read it, use a little imagination, and come up with some "great new inspiration" that comes to fail. God has a plan, and He will not deviate from that plan because someone decided they wanted it to be different... that includes me. I have started to write another similar thread concerning the coming war (not Armageddon... it is not yet time), but I am simply not sure of my due diligence yet. Every time I start writing, I discover that I don't know enough to accurately speak on the subject... so I don't. Yet, it seems so many others are much more willing to place their own voice ahead of God's word.

That's not to disparage the symposium at all... it is to disparage a cynical old redneck that is of the belief that our destiny is now sealed, and the best any of us can do is plant a garden, grab a gun, read the Bible, and hope and pray we can survive the coming storm. And of course, have our shield of faith shined up and ready for action.

Thank you for posting on a subject that is certainly a breath of fresh air.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

OK, I'm starting to get scared now.

Nevermind that in order for Revelation to work the prophecies have to come out in order. You can't just pick and choose which ones have been fulfilled based on the news of the day.

I actually have to agree with Krazysh0t in a prophesy thread.

Wow, the mind boogles...

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Damascus is close to a heap of ruins right now and been under attack since 2011.

new topics

top topics

join