It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman implies armed insurrection if president does not obey the Constitution

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: nOraKat

i think this lady needs a visit from secret service . why do dumbocrats not understand it is a crime to make threats against the office of the president.

Why the political slur? Do you think name calling helps your statement?

Just asking.

Also, I thought stuff like this was against the Terms and Conditions?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
I fear that if due process ever got bypassed

I'm pretty sure it isn't but even if it looked like that was going to happen I think the Supreme Court and the Congress would rightly intervene.

One of the things the Founders got right was the triparate government with checks and balances.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well y’know, luckily we have people in power who are willing to step up and act and worry about due process after the fact.

But it’s no big deal because they aren’t doing it yet. They want to, and they’re working to be able to, but they can’t yet so it’s okay.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066

originally posted by: proteus33

i think this lady needs a visit from secret service . why do dumbocrats not understand it is a crime to make threats against the office of the president.

Why the political slur? Do you think name calling helps your statement?

Just asking.

Also, I thought stuff like this was against the Terms and Conditions?

Naw...name-calling poster to poster is frowned upon. General terms like "dumbocrats" is okay. It says so much and making up our own unique terms adds a little spice to the conversation.

People use such "slurs" sometimes for entertainment as they watch whiney tiddie babies get huffy. It's kind of funny to observe.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

" A Communistic Democratic congressman from Long Island implied "

AMENDED .

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

“What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”

- ..is a quote from Thomas Jefferson that was used by the Suozzi campaign.

A Democratic congressman from Long Island implied that Americans should grab weapons and oppose President Trump by force, if the commander-in-chief doesn’t follow the Constitution. Rep. Tom Suozzi made the remark to constituents at a town hall last week, saying that folks opposed to Trump might resort to the “Second Amendment.”

“It’s really a matter of putting public pressure on the president,” Suozzi said

“This video is incredibly disturbing. It’s surreal to watch a sitting member of Congress suggest that his constituents should take up arms against the President of the United States,” said National Republican Campaign Committee spokesman Chris Martin.

Article

I think its important for the citizens of the United States to maintain their spirit for defending their liberty.

It is what made the US unique amongst the world, and has spread a culture of free-thinking which I think has benefited the world.

I believe he prefaces it a bit.

On the other hand, once upon a time, there was Mr. Trump saying this, on the eve of the 2012 election:

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!
10:29 PM - 6 Nov 2012

I don't suppose anyone further up thread would care to apply the same standards to him?
edit on 21Mon, 19 Mar 2018 21:17:00 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago3 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Bring it on!!

Let's get this party started!

Come at me bro!

Be Careful what your leaders wish for!

I'm tired, let's rumble and get it over with.

I want Boston back.

That idiot wants a war?

It won't be as painless as this tho.

You lefties be shooting your AR-15 assault rifles, cool.

We'll have a meat grinder on every corner.

Bwahahahaha!

Trumpers think they are Rambo!

This explains so much!

Yup. Ya'll gonna run around lopping off heads with pithy sayings to wrap around your machetes while ya do it and lookin' supercool while you swing those beer guts around shootin them libtards!

Buncha little boys in grown men's bodies voted this lunatic into office.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I guess this congressmen does not know the government and presidents have been disobeying the constitution for a while.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This threat is ultra-rich coming from a Democrat. The party who wants to ignore all laws on immigration and deportation.

Completely Cuckoo

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Ya ok.

Don't hurt yourself.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
a reply to: redhorse

Ya ok.

Don't hurt yourself.

I'm not the one who thinks he can lop of heads in one swipe with a machete.

You be careful out there Rambo.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: generik

Maybe nothing yet, but I believe things will be coming soon that may warrant it.

First it will begin by taking your automatic weapons.

The classic statement that has been repeated for over an entire year.

Will you keep warning of the "future evils" that are never going to happen, just so you can try to legitimize an argument for impeachment, or your wish to devoid the American people of their rights? (Hate speech will lead to killing, etc etc etc)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Last time I checked, Trump is a huge fan of the constitution. So I don't see him doing anything other but to follow it. He even has a pocket version. All I'm seeing this democrat doing is low-key telling Democratic voters that the only solution to the "Trump Problem" is violence.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
LOL! Go for it. I'll be fighting FOR POTUS defending the U.S. constitution though.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He was only giving Democrats what they wanted. They all rejoiced. That speaks volume of the left.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Congressman implies armed insurrection - ........ by himself in the leadership role or will he get others to that for him?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Someone needs to tell them the two positions are 180 degrees diametrically opposed.

Na, let flop around on the floor like the idiots they are. It's kinda entertaining

a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

A Democratic congressman from Long Island implied that Americans should grab weapons and oppose President Trump by force, if the commander-in-chief doesn’t follow the Constitution.

Well I guess the idiot shouldn't be from the party that created gun control.

Pretty hard to fight with 5 rounds and assault weapons bans.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Please excuse my mild traumatic brain injury, I tend to ramble and go off topic. Anecdotes like "civil-war" have always dumfounded me. I could never understand why my entire platoon of combat engineers was led by some pretty boy college kid fresh out of Westport that went to scoop for civil engineering. Combat/led by civil? I watched this LT at the clearing barrel and he forgot the remove your magazine step. Chamber in another round. I felt like an ass yelling sir, sir, sir to a guy about to accidentally discharge his weapon at battalion headquarters. If that was any enlisted they would have paid so dearly because we are held to such high standards. But officers are like politicians. So when I see one telling citizens to grab weapons and fight our military I feel he should be charged with treason. Our military swore to uphold and defend against enemies both foreign and domestic. Which I think makes him one in my opinion. The great citizens and the men and women who serve this country are not some tyrannical force trying take your rights and your guns. But the ones behind the curtain pulling the strings fund the people giving them their orders. I loved being on that firing line with them but when it got to the point I couldn't trust one of the guys in the ranks and our own guys started shooting our own guys, it was time to come home. Be with my own family, shave, eat breakfast with them, and drive to war. Much better when it rain more then twice a year.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It's political posturing.

If he actually wanted to start an armed rebellion because the President ignored the Constitution then he should have started one the minute the PATRIOT Act was signed. He's only saying this now because it's Trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join