It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman implies armed insurrection if president does not obey the Constitution

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I say let him be the first to fire a shot. If he's calling for this then I'm sure he'll have no issue being on the frontlines. But then again he's a politician and they're usually the first ones to tell other people to die for them while they run for cover.

Pretty disturbing that politicians are now pretty much openly calling for war between Americans. The ones saying "bring it on" are just as bad, almost as if they are hoping for something like this will happen.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
You really think the POTUS or his staff will wake up one day and say "You know what? Eff the constitution, Imma do it my way."

Wouldn't be the first time some BB brain in the White House did that.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

That the Second is to be a Sword of Damocles to the government is understood by every office holder. I do have to give the guy a little credit for admitting to its purpose. Still think he is a bit on the fruit bat side of things given to whom he was speaking.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

The Congressman was clearly using irony. The NRA's role in creating divisiveness is front and center at the moment, and he was clearly referencing Trump's earlier "coded speech." What is disturbing is that many people seem to believe that armed insurrection is possible now, at least here on ATS.

A further irony, the sides have switched. Those who were preparing to defend themselves from the federal government under Obama are now preparing to defend that same federal government... or at least the parts of it that Trump can control.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Like Billy Crystal said:
"Have fun storming the castle, kids!"

Me, I'm out. Done, Kaput. Fin. I'm done with the entirety of political game playing.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's what some believed over the past 8 years, but now all of a sudden it's impossible since their guy is in office.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: craterman
And it seems this idiot congressman forgot what side he is on. He is on the side that are against the right to bear arms, so asking these idiots to begin a rebellion is suicide. But, you know, to each his own. Go for it!

a reply to: generik

I know.

This sort of "logic" is facepalm worthy.

On the one hand, this party is "GIVE UP YOUR GUNS! No one needs a gun, only the officials of the government -- police and military!"

On the other hand, this party is "WE NEED ARMED INSURRECTION! The agents of this government are violating the constitution"

Someone needs to tell them the two positions are 180 degrees diametrically opposed.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

The democrats could try winning the next election or even the midterm? Just a suggestion

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
That's what some believed over the past 8 years, but now all of a sudden it's impossible since their guy is in office.

I lurv that they are supporting the Federal Government.

'But mah Big Gov!'

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No, not impossible, just highly unlikely since said guy has an unrestricted special prosecutor crawling so high up his colon that it might as well be a colonoscopy.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

California is on the front lines in this by openly defying every move made these days. There is more than one way to create conditions for war. Study the Civil War.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: Gothmog

Mythical?! .. you don't see that many people in the cabinet, including the CIA chief that just became Secretary of State have owned (or own) companies in the defense and aerospace industries. (And many associated with Koch industries.)

And that a problem why?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
those who want trump out of office needs to arm themselves with a vote come election time if trump wanders too far out. and, I'm one of the ones who thinks he is compromising our constitution as well as our national security.
but, I have to say, this guy doesn't seem to be saying anything that many on the alt right haven't been saying.. if trump is impeached and taken out of office, pick up your guns, it's time for war!!!
if we the people can't find a non-violent solution to save our democracy within our constitutional limits, then we have bigger problems than just trump, russia, or shady politicians...
the sickness is within us, regardless of what color our badge is and we've been sick much longer than obama, or trump, or probably even bush 2... our leaders have let their lies stew in their cauldron for quite a few decades, we were gullible enough to buy those lies, to add to that cauldron ourselves, and no that the cauldron has overlowed and been kicked over, we wouldn't recognize the truth if it came and bit us in our arse!!!

and while we argue over which of our delusions is the truth, it's quite possible that russia might decide to kill our electrical grid through their hacking our hacking adventures if we don't start marching in lock step with putin and his possible puppet trump.

if trump shuts down the investigation into this, heck, I might go buy some guns, not to start a civil war but to protect what is ours from all the crazies that are more than likely gonna be coming out of the woodwork sooner or later, for one reason or another, because this thing is likely to blow up regardless.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

What is disturbing is that many people seem to believe that armed insurrection is possible now, at least here on ATS.

It was always possible and forever will be possible. It is up to the citizen of the United States of America to ensure it never comes to that point. It is called being ever vigilant.
edit on 19-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
if trump is impeached and taken out of office, pick up your guns, it's time for war!!!

Why? If he gets impeached it's because a good number of Republicans voted for it, many of whom would most likely have been previous supporters.

Who you going to shoot first? Just curious.

edit on 19-3-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The best way to start a Civil War is to pay politicians to say things that get people at each other's throats. One thing is certain though, these politicians on both sides who are pushing people's buttons will be nowhere near the frontlines when or if it actually happens.

They're goading a reaction from people almost every day, that goes for any high ranking politician from either side, including Trump and Obama. They're doing a great job with their propaganda.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

What is disturbing is that many people seem to believe that armed insurrection is possible now, at least here on ATS.

It was always possible and will forever be. It is up to the citizen of the United States of America to ensure it never comes to that point. It is called being ever vigilant.

In case you haven't noticed, the federal government has armed drones that can acquire targets using spy satellites. (Not to mention tanks, nerve gas, and, if necessary, tactical nuclear missiles.)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

originally posted by: nOraKat

“What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”

- ..is a quote from Thomas Jefferson that was used by the Suozzi campaign.

A Democratic congressman from Long Island implied that Americans should grab weapons and oppose President Trump by force, if the commander-in-chief doesn’t follow the Constitution. Rep. Tom Suozzi made the remark to constituents at a town hall last week, saying that folks opposed to Trump might resort to the “Second Amendment.”

“It’s really a matter of putting public pressure on the president,” Suozzi said

“This video is incredibly disturbing. It’s surreal to watch a sitting member of Congress suggest that his constituents should take up arms against the President of the United States,” said National Republican Campaign Committee spokesman Chris Martin.

Article

I think its important for the citizens of the United States to maintain their spirit for defending their liberty.

It is what made the US unique amongst the world, and has spread a culture of free-thinking which I think has benefited the world.

So....the very same group(progressive liberals) that want the strictest gun control and abhor guns are being prompted to protect our liberties with guns. I sure hope there is time for some quick courses on handling and firing firearms or they are doomed. We'll be hearing.......how do you put the clip thingy in and make it stay in ?.........how do I make this go on fully semi-auto ? .....where is the safety on this revolver ?

Haha, I was gonna say, how would they know what was auto or not?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Oh an armed insurrection will only lead to worse results. Why is a congressman advocating or threatening violence? Shouldn't this be grounds for removal from office?

Wait...so the second amendment only applies if the gub'mint comes for mah guns?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

It was always possible and will forever be. It is up to the citizen of the United States of America to ensure it never comes to that point. It is called being ever vigilant.

In case you haven't noticed, the federal government has armed drones that can acquire targets using spy satellites. (Not to mention tanks, nerve gas, and, if necessary, tactical nuclear missiles.)

The death toll will make their situation worse. It will have the opposite desired effect. They can use all the weapons in inventory if they choose.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join