It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman implies armed insurrection if president does not obey the Constitution

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

“What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”

- ..is a quote from Thomas Jefferson that was used by the Suozzi campaign.

A Democratic congressman from Long Island implied that Americans should grab weapons and oppose President Trump by force, if the commander-in-chief doesn’t follow the Constitution. Rep. Tom Suozzi made the remark to constituents at a town hall last week, saying that folks opposed to Trump might resort to the “Second Amendment.”

“It’s really a matter of putting public pressure on the president,” Suozzi said

“This video is incredibly disturbing. It’s surreal to watch a sitting member of Congress suggest that his constituents should take up arms against the President of the United States,” said National Republican Campaign Committee spokesman Chris Martin.

Article

I think its important for the citizens of the United States to maintain their spirit for defending their liberty.

It is what made the US unique amongst the world, and has spread a culture of free-thinking which I think has benefited the world.
edit on 19-3-2018 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Oh an armed insurrection will only lead to worse results. Why is a congressman advocating or threatening violence? Shouldn't this be grounds for removal from office?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

originally posted by: WarPig1939

Oh an armed insurrection will only lead to worse results. Why is a congressman advocating or threatening violence? Shouldn't this be grounds for removal from office?

I don't think there are any grounds for an armed insurrection right now, but there may be in the future.

Unfortunately I think the changes will be so gradual that people will not realize what has come upon them, and not provoke a response.
edit on 19-3-2018 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Well, he already said he wants to bypass due process.

Just curious how people would feel if it were a Democrat in the White House saying the same thing.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
I think its important for the citizens of the United States to maintain their spirit of defending their liberty.

It is what made the US unique amongst the world.

Telling the entire country to revolt and cause the world's largest second civil war on the face of the earth is not the right way to go about it. There is a reason why we have a military to take care of despotic government officials foreign and domestically.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
here is the relevant question. just what part of the constitution is the President actually breaking. or even wanting to break for that matter? that would call for an armed insurrection? heck the Democrats are the ones trying to destroy the constitution to do what they want, like the second amendment for example.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Bring it on!!

Let's get this party started!

Come at me bro!

Be Careful what your leaders wish for!

I'm tired, let's rumble and get it over with.

I want Boston back.

That idiot wants a war?

It won't be as painless as this tho.

You lefties be shooting your AR-15 assault rifles, cool.

We'll have a meat grinder on every corner.

link   

I think its important for the citizens of the United States to maintain their spirit of defending their liberty.

Telling the entire country to revolt and cause the world's largest second civil war on the face of the earth is not the right way to go about it. There is a reason why we have a military to take care of despotic government officials foreign and domestically.

Maybe you don't see whats going on - the military *is* the despotic government. The Military Industrial complex that is.. (Well at least partially, it's bigger than that.)

+8 more 
link   
I would call it sedition and inciting but he is asking for traditionally anti-gunners to take up arms for reasons of political opposition...I’m going to instead say that he is possibly certifiable as insane and needs some deep treatment. Which means you should definitely grab his guns as he now represents a danger to himself or others.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
And it seems this idiot congressman forgot what side he is on. He is on the side that are against the right to bear arms, so asking these idiots to begin a rebellion is suicide. But, you know, to each his own. Go for it!

a reply to: generik

link   
Remote holding, Tide Pod eating, snowflake collapsing, Illegal alien, fast food eating louts forming an insurrection ? Inconceivable..

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Well, he already said he wants to bypass due process.

Just curious how people would feel if it were a Democrat in the White House saying the same thing.

Shh...that happened for 8 years once upon a time....

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I would call it sedition and inciting but he is asking for traditionally anti-gunners to take up arms for reasons of political opposition...I’m going to instead say that he is possibly certifiable as insane and needs some deep treatment. Which means you should definitely grab his guns as he now represents a danger to himself or others.

Stupid # will probably shoot up a school.

And then they will try to take the guns, again.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

Maybe nothing yet, but I believe things will be coming soon that may warrant it.

First it will begin by taking your automatic weapons.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Maybe you don't see whats going on - the military *is* the despotic government. The Military Industrial complex that is.. (Well at least partially, it's bigger than that.)

Keep the military separate from the mythical "military industrial complex" , please.
And speaking of complexes......

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Um no its not. I would know because I am very much a part of the military. They are given direction from state and government officials first of all. We as soldiers don't have control or say in what we do.

The only exception is if the orders are against the constitution or an unlawful/criminal directive or orders. If you have a problem with the military industrial complex, look no further than your own government officials that make the decisions....

edit on 19-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Shh...that happened for 8 years once upon a time....

I disticntly recall. There was quite a bit of it here.

And with the clown before that one.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Mythical?! .. you don't see that many people in the cabinet, including the CIA chief that just became Secretary of State have owned (or own) companies in the defense and aerospace industries. (And many associated with Koch industries.)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

“What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”

- ..is a quote from Thomas Jefferson that was used by the Suozzi campaign.

A Democratic congressman from Long Island implied that Americans should grab weapons and oppose President Trump by force, if the commander-in-chief doesn’t follow the Constitution. Rep. Tom Suozzi made the remark to constituents at a town hall last week, saying that folks opposed to Trump might resort to the “Second Amendment.”

“It’s really a matter of putting public pressure on the president,” Suozzi said

“This video is incredibly disturbing. It’s surreal to watch a sitting member of Congress suggest that his constituents should take up arms against the President of the United States,” said National Republican Campaign Committee spokesman Chris Martin.

Article

I think its important for the citizens of the United States to maintain their spirit for defending their liberty.

It is what made the US unique amongst the world, and has spread a culture of free-thinking which I think has benefited the world.

So....the very same group(progressive liberals) that want the strictest gun control and abhor guns are being prompted to protect our liberties with guns. I sure hope there is time for some quick courses on handling and firing firearms or they are doomed. We'll be hearing.......how do you put the clip thingy in and make it stay in ?.........how do I make this go on fully semi-auto ? .....where is the safety on this revolver ?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
If any civil war breaks out. It will be the constitution supporters versus the ENTIRE form of government and anyone against America's principle freedoms.

edit on 19-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join