It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African Pompeii

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
African Pompeii': Archeologists Digging Up Ancient City Shrouded in Mystery

Buried under layers of sand and mud for almost 14 centuries, the lost city of Adulis is finally returning to light to become the first national archaeological park of Sub-Saharan Africa, an event that would revitalize the territory from a tourist and economic point of view.

Just as Pompeii lies beneath meters of volcano ash, so Adulis lies under meters of mud due to a catastrophic tsunami that destroyed the city at the end of the 7th century A.D.,” archeologist Serena Massa, director of the mission, told Sputnik Italy.
sputniknews.com...

Pls klik the link to see pics.
www.madote.com...
More text and pics shown here,
It's interesting the long relationship folks of the Italian peninsula with the folks of the horn of Africa going back to Roman times, through the middle ages, right up to two Italian invasions , one ended in a irreversible defeat at the battle of Adowa, the formation of the very new nation of Eritrea which was a by product of that war.
The joint team just add to very long connection.
edit on 19-3-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Any time I read about the past being dug up and seeing pics of it, I become quite envious of the archaeologists.

Sidenote: the first pic made me laugh with the extremely angry looking gentleman on the right, juxtaposed by a dude behind him doing his best "I'm super fabulous" pose.

That alone is worth a link click.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Dubble
edit on 19-3-2018 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Yeah he wasn't having feeling it at all..

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
S&F! Very nice find!

top topics

join