It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austin Police Respond to Another Explosion, Hours After Plea to Bomber

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The interim police chief said it’s more sophisticated but I have no idea. It did alarm me a bit more than a package....I guess because the lack of choice in the matter.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Are we allowed to say what kind it is and how it is made?

From what i gather it is not at all limited to mail and if in the area anything not normal should be touched with a ten foot pole.

this is the most low level tech out there but packs a huge punch.

could be made anywhere with no one to notice anything out of ordinary.

even a crew looking for a scene where there are made could easily fail to identify.
edit on 19-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

not sophisticated at all

the only difference is a piece of string

imo likely activated by influx of oxygen

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm curious to know how the first 2 packages were addressed. Did he know the resident's names and label the boxes accordingly? Or did he purposefully use fake names, knowing human curiosity would get the best of the victims as they opened the packages regardless?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
No one is arguing the point my friend your just overthinking the how. It’s more dangerous now that is all.

a reply to: TrueBrit

link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

They just now said they are not willing to reveal that because it isn’t info that helps keep the community safe. Knowing it could be a box, bag, tripwire is all they have said because it could help people identify potential threats.

link   
a reply to: Battlefresh

not a mail bomb at all but can be

if in the area do not kick or pick up random items
edit on 19-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The media wants them to call this guy a terrorist. You can't determine if it's terrorism until you find out his motive. All these reporters should know this. #ing awful media

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

They just now said they are not willing to reveal that because it isn’t info that helps keep the community safe. Knowing it could be a box, bag, tripwire is all they have said because it could help people identify potential threats.

i agree

it can be made at 90% of homes with nothing from store and can be contained in any enclosure

when i was a kid my neighbor found a 5 gallon bucket out of place and moved it and lost his leg. That is when the whole neighborhood learned how it was made. back then there was not much hush to events.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Battlefresh
I'm curious to know how the first 2 packages were addressed. Did he know the resident's names and label the boxes accordingly? Or did he purposefully use fake names, knowing human curiosity would get the best of the victims as they opened the packages regardless?

They weren't addressed at all from what I heard. He didn't mail them through UPS or anything, he left them at the victim residences himself.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

In this press conference they are now saying it is a serial bomber. The police chief said there is no indication at this point it is terrorism. Press conferences are so much better than news reporters!
edit on 19-3-2018 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
He or she is sowing terror in the community,sure the term is over used but you dont have to be middle eastern or a member of ISIS to be a terrorist. I think The use of the word is apt in this case.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Fair enough.

I can understand that.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

so true

they have tried to change the definition of terrorism to mean allah related.lol

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Well, its perfectly possible that this is no more a terrorist act, than were those of Ted Bundy, or Ed Gein. Could just be a person out there wants to kill an awful lot of people, without being found out quickly.

Motive is a key factor in establishing which sort of event this actually is, but for right now, all that matters is that the events have been explosive, and people need to watch their footing.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Terrorism is motivated by the pursuit of political goals or ideals. That’s the part that is unknown at this time. But terrorizing yes!

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
lol i thought i just heard one at the briefing ask if the shooter would please call them and talk??????????

i think i may have hearing damage

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
He or she is sowing terror in the community,sure the term is over used but you dont have to be middle eastern or a member of ISIS to be a terrorist. I think The use of the word is apt in this case.

If you apply it like that, literally every murder, assault, robbery, pretty much any crime against a person in which the perp isn't caught "sows terror" in the community because they know the perp is still out there and can strike again. That's not what terrorism is though. And it has nothing to do with the skin color or ethnicity of the attacker. If the attacker has a political goal, it's terrorism. If he doesn't, it's not. That's why they can't say until they discover his motives. The act is not what makes it terrorism, nor whether it's a middle easterner or not, the motivation is what makes it terrorism or not.

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Well, its perfectly possible that this is no more a terrorist act, than were those of Ted Bundy, or Ed Gein. Could just be a person out there wants to kill an awful lot of people, without being found out quickly.

Motive is a key factor in establishing which sort of event this actually is, but for right now, all that matters is that the events have been explosive, and people need to watch their footing.

I know that, that's why I said this:

You can't determine if it's terrorism until you find out his motive.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I see. We shall have to wait to see his motivaton if any so we can apply the proper term to the individual so as to avoid offence and confusion.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Dumb question....
Is Demolition Ranch still in operations down there in Austin?

Edit: you'll see where my mind is headed.
edit on 19-3-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join