It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austin Police Respond to Another Explosion, Hours After Plea to Bomber

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

The Austin police responded on Sunday night to an explosion that injured two people in a neighborhood in southwest Austin, just hours after an unusual direct appeal to whoever was responsible for several deadly package explosions this month that have kept the capital of Texas on edge.

A short time after the authorities said they received reports of an explosion, two men in their 20s were taken to a hospital with serious injuries, the Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Service said.

Eliza May said she was watching a TV show in her home when she heard an explosion that sounded like a transformer blew up in her backyard. “It sounded like when the transformers go out, but it was five times magnified that,” said Ms. May, who lives about 200 feet from where the explosion was said to have occurred.

Another explosion in Texas, possibly a package bomb from the same terrorist that killed and injured others last week. This reminds me a bit of the the DC Snipers, at least I think it was those guys, that were using their vehicle to target individuals, in that people are rightfully scared and don't know when/where the next attack will take place. What could the motive be, is it an individual with a grudge? Is there some connection between the victims? I seem to remember that there was speculation that it was racially motivated, but that might just be a coincidence.

I wonder if this is affecting mail-order sales in the region? If I lived in the area, I would certainly hesitate before getting near any packages delivered to my residence! Are there any members in Texas that can provide better information?
edit on 3182018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

edit on 3182018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

The Austin police responded on Sunday night to an explosion that injured two people in a neighborhood in southwest Austin, just hours after an unusual direct appeal to whoever was responsible for several deadly package explosions this month that have kept the capital of Texas on edge.

A short time after the authorities said they received reports of an explosion, two men in their 20s were taken to a hospital with serious injuries, the Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Service said.

Eliza May said she was watching a TV show in her home when she heard an explosion that sounded like a transformer blew up in her backyard. “It sounded like when the transformers go out, but it was five times magnified that,” said Ms. May, who lives about feet from where the explosion was said to have occurred.

Another explosion in Texas, possibly a package bomb from the same terrorist that killed and injured others last week. This reminds me a bit of the the DC Snipers, at least I think it was those guys, that were using their vehicle to target individuals, in that people are rightfully scared and don't know when/where the next attack will take place. What could the motive be, is it an individual with a grudge? Is there some connection between the victims? I seem to remember that there was speculation that it was racially motivated, but that might just be a coincidence.

I wonder if this is affecting mail-order sales in the region? I sure would not want to open an packages after this!

I heard there were several bombs.

Not sure of the motive, myself.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Keeping Austin weird, I guess.
I can't imaging the motive.
A-town is generally pretty chilled out for a large city.
They can count on getting the crap beat of them when the cops do find them.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Initial reports from the KVUE live feed said there were trip wires. But they ended their live broadcast. On the police scanner they are talking about a neighbor who has security cameras and they are going to meet with them now. This last incident is only a few miles from me. Very sad!

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

School buses will not be running in the morning and everyone in the area is supposed to stay inside until 10am. The guys who got blasted tonight hit a tripwire, so a huge area has to be cleared.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I wonder if this time the bombers scored one on themselves.

It's an obvious occupational hazard of being a bomber.

Or two thieves that wanted to see what was in a package they "found"

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I wish they'd catch this madman before he hurts someone else.I hate hearing stories like this.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This could be nothing... but I wonder if it might be important on a whole different level. So I'm posting to keep updated on future developments.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Yeah came back to say I heard about trip wires too.

That's another level.

More time to set than a package on a porch and more volatile.

Claymores?

But what do I know except the movies.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Keeping Austin weird, I guess.
I can't imaging the motive.
A-town is generally pretty chilled out for a large city.
They can count on getting the crap beat of them when the cops do find them.

Problem is motives can be completely insane for example in 2002, Lucas Helder planted bombs in mailboxes across the United States in an arrangement that would allow someone looking at the United States from space to see a smiley face.

To his logic this made perfect sense to us he's crazy.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
It's someone with experience.

Lots of it.

Ex military from somewheres?

Local bomb squad?

Someone that doesn't draw attention.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Just making to follow later.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
For those interested, here is an interactive map:

Map

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I agree. These bombs were already fairly complicated before they started adding tripwires. Either they have worked in a profession that deals with explosives or they have done this before.

As I mentioned in the other thread Texas is one of the states with the largest Atomwaffen presence. They've got some guys with knowledge of explosives and they've held training camps.

While I won't say it's 100% them at this time, I also won't be surprised if it ends up being one of their members.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The article states two of the first packaged detonated when the package was picked up not opened,the bomber could be watching with a remote.

There was a thread about how the bombings where racially motivated, possible but anyone can set off a trip wire they don't discriminate. This new development if related makes the package victims seem less targeted and more like randomly selected. There is also a wide age swing in the victims lots young and one old.

i hope the neighbours cameras yield some results.

edit on 19-3-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Well, this is deeply concerning.

However, for those suggesting that the addition of a trip wire makes things more serious, I would like to know how? A trip wire is not nearly as complicated a mechanism as a mechanical timer, and does not require nearly the same expertise that using a home made remote detonator system would require. Its actually an exceedingly simple mechanism, from an engineering perspective.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It's a lot easier to avoid picking up a box than it is to avoid tripping a concealed trip wire.

a reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
It's a lot easier to avoid picking up a box than it is to avoid tripping a concealed trip wire.

a reply to: TrueBrit

Exactly! He is changing his tactics.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Certainly, but my point is that a trip wire is not a sophisticated device, so its not as if we know more about them now in terms of their skill set, than we did before. Anyone who understands the slightest thing about kinetic energy, elastic potential and simple mechanisms could make a trip wire, so it does not suggest a great deal about the bomber that we did not know already. The person makes things go bang. The triggering method is only suggestive when its technological sophistication goes WAAAAY higher than something an idiot with an extra set of shoelaces could come up with.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
They were walking along the street when they tripped the wire. Originally they thought this could be a targeted attack on non-caucasians but this was in a predominately white neighborhood. It’s a rather affluent neighborhood called Travis Heights. I feel there will hopefully be more surveillance video from this neighborhood.

It really takes it off the table that anyone in particular is being targeted. The victims already cover the gamut.

edit on 19-3-2018 by raedar because: Typo

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join