It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Chain of Being

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Step to the rhythm made out of brown paper, sounds entering of a different nature,
Rhythms get greater, And the rhythms they get greater, Yes another rough-a-tough
Four for the chaser, New configuration, New riff and New Structure
Built on the frame that'll hold the room puncture, Tight
We wrap it up, it's wrapped, tightly.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................

There was a reason it won the Mercury in 1997
" I have no interest nor have I clue about what your talking about. You can believe what you want but Gods Angels and Devils, I suggest you see a psycharist!”

I felt like the pythagorean who had just discovered that the Golden Ratio was an Irrational number.

I think I might give up on today and read some of The Great Chain of Being by Arthur Lovejoy

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

The Great Chain of Being, I have never seen this before and it looks really interesting.

Vast chain of Being! which from God began, Natures ethereal, human, angel, man, Beast, bird, fish, insect, what no eye can see, No glass can reach; from Infinite to thee, From thee to Nothing. – On superior powers Were we to press, inferior might on ours: Or in the full creation leave a void, Where, one step broken, the great scale's destroyed : From Nature's chain whatever link you strike. Tenth or ten thousandth, breaks the chain alike (I.8.237-46).

www.folklore.ee...

I am thankful every single day that I am on the lowest rung of the human chain right there with the gypsies.

The hierarchy is also kind of interesting:

God → Angels  Kings/Queens → Archbishops → Dukes/Duchesses → Bishops → Marquises/Marchionesses → Earls/Countesses → Viscounts/Viscountesses → Barons/Baronesses → Abbots/Deacons → Knights/Local Officials → Ladies-in-Waiting → Priests/Monks → Squires → Pages → Messengers → Merchants/Shopkeepers → Tradesmen → Yeomen Farmers → Soldiers/Town Watch → Household Servants → Tenant Farmers → Shepherds/Herders → Beggars → Actors → Thieves/Pirates → Gypsies  Animals → Birds → Worms  Plants  Rocks

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The owls are not what they seem.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

God → Angels  Kings/Queens → Archbishops → Dukes/Duchesses → Bishops → Marquises/Marchionesses → Earls/Countesses → Viscounts/Viscountesses → Barons/Baronesses → Abbots/Deacons → Knights/Local Officials → Ladies-in-Waiting → Priests/Monks → Squires → Pages → Messengers → Merchants/Shopkeepers → Tradesmen → Yeomen Farmers → Soldiers/Town Watch → Household Servants → Tenant Farmers → Shepherds/Herders → Beggars → Actors → Thieves/Pirates → Gypsies  Animals → Birds → Worms  Plants  Rocks

Rather human centric.

and who ever wrote it assumed dominion over Nature.

Tsk tsk

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Your a rebel skunkape

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen
a reply to: skunkape23

Your a rebel skunkape

You're.

new topics