It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas 1994 Figure 8 UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So 1st time poster but been lurking here for years. I'm curious if anyone has ever seen or heard about anything like what I'm about to describe? It was March/April of 1994 and my father and myself were driving from Nixa MO to Central Valley CA. The trip in itself was pretty standard until we entered Texas we went thru Oklahoma, the Texas panhandle, New Mexico etc.. While we were driving thru the Texas panhandle we were listening to the radio and heard someone ask the DJ what was the thing glowing in the sky. So being the curious one I hung my head out the window of our truck and scanned the sky. Now it was late afternoon with maybe 20 to 30 minutes left of daylight, It didn't take but a second to see what the people on the radio were talking about. Up in the sky the distance was super hard to judge but it was high maybe 30,000 feet but most likely higher if I had to guess. I was looking at something I could not describe it was in the shape of a figure 8 or maybe the infinity symbol and it glowed like the moon would during the day when its super visible. It had like a white glowing/pulsing quality about. Now this was visible in the sky up until it got dark out and while we had pulled over to watch this with a few other curious travelers it suddenly pulsed rapidly then just disappeared. I've never really done any research on what this could of been but I know the radio station we were listening to was taking calls on it for some time and saying that they had called the AFB and NASA with no explanation. Once this disappeared it was like it never happened as the radio DJ totally stopped talking about it, plus with us traveling west we finally lost that station on the west side of Amarillo. I've told this story to friends etc. but none even those that believe in the UFO phenomena have never seen or heard of anything like this.

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzelfuzz

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You could try looking it up here -

List of reported UFO sightings

ipfs.io...

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Any chance it could have been 2 flying saucers flying in close formation? Something like that might be difficult to distinguish from a single craft at such the approximate altitude that you describe.

edit on 3182018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Perhaps you could look here:
Ufo Stalker

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I remember watching a documentary where two hunters saw a very similar ufo.

It was a figure 8, had a band of lights surrounding it that blinked lights and was brilliantly lit.

I'm doing my best to find info on it... So far nothing. I do remember that one if the hunters was an aviation expert or something along those lines, he left a very detailed account of his sighting.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

No, it looked like it was connected or one mass. You could clearly see the sky through the holes in the 8. It didn't move that could be detected as it appeared to just sit there and pulse. At one point there were at least a dozen or so vehicles pulled over with people looking up along the highway.

I will check out the links that have been posted.....thanks

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Just checked out the link you gave. I found one mention but in 1995 of the same type craft a glowing figure 8 in Texas just south of where I was when I witnessed it. Going to look around on that site for more info...

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Sounds like some type of balloon. Probably a weather balloon. I've seen similar things.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Cool. Good luck, pal. Please keep us informed.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join