It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why god?why?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
ive been wondering if you know all that exorsism and stuff you know that type of crap and witch sightings and ghost sitings. i dont understand why they were created in the first place ,second why did god create aliens?
third why the hell did god create demons and bad spirits?if he wanted if he wanted us to be safe why? if god want everyone to believe in him why didnt he just force us to ?i believe god created everything but some things dont make a crap of sense. think about it.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by guy in the shadows
witch sightings

Beg your pardon.....what do mean?

As to Aliens...they are only "alien" to us. If you beleive your bible

"And the Lord God spake unto Moses, saying: The heavens, they are many, and they cannot be numbered unto man; but they are numbered unto me, for they are mine. And as one earth shall pass away, and the heavens thereof even so shall another come; and there is no end to my works, neither to my words." Moses 1:37-38

Sounds like he may of created other beings besides just us...if you believe in the bible. What would make you think that an all creating god would only fill one planet with life? Isn't that very arrongant?

[edit on 2/16/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

if god want everyone to believe in him why didnt he just force us to

Without the power to choose there is no ability to love. There is something awesome being worked out here.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
To wonder is to search. And if you are searching, you will find.
I have stated in other posts, that we are are beings of light, and there are lesser levels of light. Love is the naturall desire of life, not no love.

Darkness, and the devil and hell are fiction. They are the darkness..which is the absence of light. And just as light is all of the colors together, black is the lack of light.

That which does not make sense, is created by man. Dont seek to elevate yourself above another, be selfless, and search for truth, and in your wonderings, the answers will be made clear on your own accord. Without listening to others. You will see. I hear you.

The LORD does not ask for proof. He asks for action and love towards your fellow man. Wisdom for good will yield a bounty.

Peace

[edit on 16-2-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

ive been wondering if you know all that exorsism and stuff you know that type of crap and witch sightings and ghost sitings. i dont understand why they were created in the first place ,second why did god create aliens?
third why the hell did god create demons and bad spirits?if he wanted if he wanted us to be safe why? if god want everyone to believe in him why didnt he just force us to ?i believe god created everything but some things dont make a crap of sense. think about it.

It's just not that simple my friend. Without temptation your going for a free ride on into heaven, you need to prove yourself worthy first. God doesnt force people to belive in him because he believes in free will.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
To wonder is to search. And if you are searching, you will find.
I have stated in other posts, that we are are beings of light, and there are lesser levels of light. Love is the naturall desire of life, not no love.

Darkness, and the devil and hell are fiction. They are the darkness..which is the absence of light. And just as light is all of the colors together, black is the lack of color.

That which does not make sense, is created by man. Dont seek to elevate yourself above another, be selfless, and search for truth, and in your wonderings, the answers will be made clear on your own accord. Without listening to others. You will see. I hear you.

Peace

I couldn't have said it better myself.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Pandoras Box]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Darkness, and the devil and hell are fiction. They are the dark..which is the absence of light. Black is not a color..but the lack of color.

Peace

You know, we Witches believe that to give evil (negative forces) a name....is to create that evil and to give any negative energy too much attention, thought, talking about it, thinking about it, is to give it more power, more energy.....

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Darkness, and the devil and hell are fiction. They are the dark..which is the absence of light. Black is not a color..but the lack of color.

Peace

You know, we Witches believe that to give evil (negative forces) a name....is to create that evil and to give any negative energy too much attention, thought, talking about it, thinking about it, is to give it more power, more energy.....

Yup thats the idea. Thoughts are actually "things" after all we are an idea of God mainifest, so as such our thoughts are things but to a lesser degree.

Into witchcraft are you LadyV, thats sweet. I am not into it but i find it fascinating.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pandoras Box

Into witchcraft are you LadyV, thats sweet. I am not into it but i find it fascinating.

No I am not into Witchcraft...one is not "into" witchcraft unless one is playing games and has no idea what they are doing! I am a lifelong, generational Witch, which means ethics, care and understand and healing....not saying all generational Witches are...but my lineage is.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

God didnt create demons or the fallen angels he just created angels with free will. It seems one third of his angels fell from grace when they made the choice to side against God. That implies they had free will to choose their own actions and not just some type of robots to serve Gods will.

I think of it the same as when god created people he gave them free will to choose to be good or evil .

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pandoras Box

No I am not into Witchcraft...one is not "into" witchcraft unless one is playing games and has no idea what they are doing! I am a lifelong, generational Witch, which means ethics, care and understand and healing....not saying all generational Witches are...but my lineage is.

Gotch ya, take it easy.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Well, you have some serious questions there. God supposedly created everything. He knew us all before we were even concieved. He knew ahead of time our decisions in life. Wouldn't you say that if God knew all this, that would mean he intentionally had to send some us to hell, without a choice on our part. Furthermore, if he knew all that stuff, would it even be a rational statement to say you had free will?

After you soul search on those, then get back to these questions if they are still relevant.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
God could not have planned each of us and our actions as all of it from inception is based on freewill.
Why would God allow serial killers to be born?
Why would God create that which terminated what he loves?
What is valid, when each and every one of us starts to act according to what God had envisioned, then we will come in tune with him, and the secrets of the universe unfold. Gods plan is in each one of us. It is not to be found in a book. It is in your core being. Your being, truth, and love is your plan to your own destiny, which results in unificaction with God.

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

Well, you have some serious questions there. God supposedly created everything. He knew us all before we were even concieved. He knew ahead of time our decisions in life. Wouldn't you say that if God knew all this, that would mean he intentionally had to send some us to hell, without a choice on our part. Furthermore, if he knew all that stuff, would it even be a rational statement to say you had free will?

After you soul search on those, then get back to these questions if they are still relevant.

Yeah but all that devil talk is man-made. A scare tactic created by the church. And the option of free will: our will is God's will. And visa versa. By the way what happened before the point of "Singularity"?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
You ask me that question about the singularity as if you caught me in something.

I have never, ever said there was no god. Nor have I ever insinuated that I knew everything there is to know. We don't even know for sure that there was a big bang, even though it is very likely. But your question is something I wonder about a lot. You need to review some of my threads regarding that specific question. The question of infinity. The impossible concept.

Just for thought, I do not believe in god, at least on the level that a christian might. I cannot believe in a god that has anything to do with my life, because that means I don't have choices.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
A quote from Teckno88

*******It's just not that simple my friend. Without temptation your going for a free ride on into heaven, you need to prove yourself worthy first. God doesnt force people to belive in him because he believes in free will.***********

are you serious? "prove yourself worthy"? why? Worthy means to be useful or valuble. why does your "god" need us to be valuble or "worth" something? are we to be tossed into a large fireplace to keep his toes warm? worthy? that is probably one of the most rediculous, dilusional things i have ever read. and you've alot to learn about free will. if your "god" wanted you to have free will, but told you that he is the only way, and to not follow "him" is to be damned for eternity, then your "god" is an idiot himself. what intelligent, rational person would think like that? ok, now why would "GOD" think that way? crack a book other than the bible sometime!

you people are pretty scary. i can't believe there are people like you wandering around in society.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by steplogic]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIXGod didnt create demons or the fallen angels he just created angels with free will. It seems one third of his angels fell from grace when they made the choice to side against God. That implies they had free will to choose their own actions and not just some type of robots to serve Gods will.

I think of it the same as when god created people he gave them free will to choose to be good or evil .
Well I disagree. Firstly on the one-thirds, much less any, then on the freewill. Freewill is not an OT concept.

To buy into this story is to accept that the fallen angels as led by Satan, has the ability to usurp this freewill and is more potent than God himself in guiding this same freewill.

To blame it on angels is to suggest that God has a sadistic bent.

When will all humans stop blaming their woes on something else?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Peace

LadyV,
even though you're Wiccan and I'm (sort've I guess Christian) I believe this too...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

Originally posted by ShadowXIXGod didnt create demons or the fallen angels he just created angels with free will. It seems one third of his angels fell from grace when they made the choice to side against God. That implies they had free will to choose their own actions and not just some type of robots to serve Gods will.

Well I disagree. Firstly on the one-thirds, much less any, then on the freewill. Freewill is not an OT concept.

To buy into this story is to accept that the fallen angels as led by Satan, has the ability to usurp this freewill and is more potent than God himself in guiding this same freewill.

To blame it on angels is to suggest that God has a sadistic bent.

When will all humans stop blaming their woes on something else?

When did I blame any "woes" or anything for that matter on fallen angels?

Most scholars agree that one third of the angels fell into sin and became demons.

If none of the angels had free will then there wouldnt have been a rebellion. So God wasnt forcing his will on the angels even though we should have the power to do that if he wanted. They didnt usurp anything just choose not to follow God.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
There is no personal God. Excorisms are mental illness. Witches dont fly on brooms. There is no objective evil force, evil is an adjective we label certain things, it is subjective and different from person to person, culture to culture. Just as beauty doesnt physically exist, neither does evil.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join