It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Forensic Analysis Suggests We Found Amelia Earhart’s Body During World War II

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: alldaylong

a reply to: howtonhawky

yes the bones have been located by josh gates--

Whoops, tilt, game over.

The bones have been lost.

Where did this Gates chap supposedly find them ?

Josh Gates is host of his own 'expedition unknown' tv series, they traipse all over the world exploring everywhere and never finding anything.

Akin to other Tabloid style tv series like Unsolved Mysteries, Ancient Aliens, Finding Bigfoot, etc.

Supermarket checkout fodder for soap opera fans.

very poor description

he does a good job

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Further reading on radio signals. She was obviously lost at the end, said so, trying to get repeated fixes on her direction, but doing a poor job of it...

But Amelia had a history of being a bit cavalier about radio communications, and for still unknown reasons, she left her trailing antenna at Miami, which severely limited her ability to transmit with any significant power on the all-important 500 kc frequency. This severely limited the range at which the Coast Guard Cutter Itasca could obtain a fix on the Electra as it approached Howland, and was only the beginning of the entire weird chain of events leading to Amelia’s failure to reach Howland.

extended analysis...

0512: “WANT BEARING ON 3105 KC ON HOUR, WILL WHISTLE IN MICROPHONE.”

ANALYSIS: She needs bearing, she is beginning to feel unsure of her position “Hey, this is getting serious. What the hell am I doing over this uncharted ocean without an absolute, positive fix? Can Fred really find that fly-speck of an island without a radio DF [direction finder] Fix? I better get cranking on that radio. ” And yet, after the above probable mindset, Earhart waits 63 minutes (over one hour), an eternity considering her plight, before she transmits again:

0615: “TAKE BEARING ON 3105 KC” Whistles briefly.

ANALYSIS: Above totally incorrect, inappropriate, and certainly not what a lost (YES, she is lost because she is unsure of where she is!) pilot would be “’working” with what she may possibly feel is her last lifeline before death. I would expect a professional (and by now a very worried) pilot to say something like the following: “EARHART TO ITASCA … EARHART TO ITASCA … I DO NOT READ YOU … GIVING YOU A LONG COUNT … 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 … ANSWER ON 3105 KC REQUEST BEARING TO YOUR POSITION.”

Read more...

bl og

you have got to be taking the piss here

that is an opinion piece based on lies.

she located the ship by radio but could not see it after daylight

she confirmed she had verified her position as being on the line but had no visibility to land

logically most would seek a new destination and that choice is backed by the fact that her comms went on for days after and that would not have happened if she done a water landing.

nice troll though
edit on 18-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Impossible to verify position with such short broadcasts, like the analyst said. She should have been broadcasting almost non stop so a directional fix could be established. Her broadcasts were too short and too far between to determine distance and ranging.

That is accomplished with long transmissions, not short whistles.

By the way, fuel was running low, not battery for broadcasting. She should have been hammering that microphone, off and on, ongoing, all the way home. Especially if tired and low on fuel.

Standard procedure when lost, by the way. Only stopping to allow for direction confirmation.

Roger Ameiia ,we have you fixed at 220 degrees , 200 miles.... 200 degrees, 180 miles... ongoing. Whistling or counting for a minute, listening for a minute. The record is there , her broadcasts were too short, too far apart to maintain a fix.

You believe what Josh Gates wants you to.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Impossible to verify position with such short broadcasts,

you are coming off as an idiot

ever heard on navigational tools

think before you spout nonsense

i know for a fact that you are smarter than this

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Impossible to verify position with such short broadcasts,

you are coming off as an idiot

ever heard on navigational tools

think before you spout nonsense

i know for a fact that you are smarter than this

She was asking for direction because she was lost.

She wasn't aiding the direction finding by such short broadcasts.

She has never been found.

Go back to Tabloid TV or take your own advice and read the link I provided.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Readers it is true that in the night there was great cloud cover and she could not get her bearings. All the nonsense being posted is accounts of the night. After daylight she was able to verify that she was indeed on the line she was hoping for but when she dropped down to 1000' she could not see the awaiting ship that she was within radio range of due to the clouds but at that point she knew how much fuel it would take to reach Gardner island so she continued on the verified line to the island where they made a crash landing. Soon after her comm that she was on the verified line she lost contact again and that indicates she continued on the line to the island and did not circle the ship as others say and added to the fact that the rescuers were heavy in the area of the ship they would have heard her again but did not pick her up in that area.After the crash her comms were picked up again by rescuers that were heading toward the island but turned around before they got to her and they lost the comms again.
edit on 18-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

lol

you are lost now

you got problems with tv and not me take it up with the tabloids

facts are facts

now you begin to melt

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Now you know darn well that mystery won't be solved until Voyager finds her alive in space.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

seems that way

i suppose i am just trying to point the voyager in the right direction.

sometimes it needs a smooth kick in the butt to get on track

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I think I saw the show you're talking about.

The case was pretty convincing.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

yes i was willing to post it here but it is behind a youtube paywall

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join