It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you think should be the next moderator?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
they never give modship to people who ask, remember ilovepizza

LMFAO

yes but if "they" get to be mods "they" can really make a difference because "they" see ALL

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
yes but if "they" get to be mods "they" can really make a difference because "they" see ALL

lol

well i hope your dream comes true

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

lol

well i hope your dream comes true

lol...

i dont really want to be a mod...

i heard it was too much work...

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

lol...

i dont really want to be a mod...

i heard it was too much work...

ive been a mod on other boards before, its not that hard to be honest. if i was asked to be a mod, i dont know if i would accept it 'cause i dont think i deserve to be to be honest

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

ive been a mod on other boards before, its not that hard to be honest. if i was asked to be a mod, i dont know if i would accept it 'cause i dont think i deserve to be to be honest

thats nice...

i think you should be the mod of the new world order forum...

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

thats nice...

i think you should be the mod of the new world order forum...

thanx,
FSME is like mod for the section, even some member mistake me for being a mod sometimes lol

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

thanx,
FSME is like mod for the section, even some member mistake me for being a mod sometimes lol

anytime...

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think Valhall would make a good mod to, I cant believe I forgot her.

Why is this in ChitChat?..should be in Board Business..

Because I did'nt think it qualified as board business, I was just curious who people thought would be a good mod,

Erm, this is off topic, I know, but whats the difference between the moderators and the superModerators?

[edit on 2/19/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Valhall has been a mod before, an excellent one i have to say. Im not sure why she isn't anymore, im not going to start guessing either. But she has been a mod before.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I think Valhall would make a good mod to, I cant believe I forgot her.

Why is this in ChitChat?..should be in Board Business..

Because I did'nt think it qualified as board business, I was just curious who people thought would be a good mod,

Erm, this is off topic, I know, but whats the difference between the moderators and the superModerators?

[edit on 2/19/2005 by iori_komei]

More powers than usual Moderators, e.g. delete threads, but I´m not sure.

I would like to listen to an "official" statement of this whole subject in here.

I look forward hearing from you soon.

regards

dc

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I dont think he will be a mod when he comes back

its not the same without him

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I dont think he will be a mod when he comes back

its not the same without him

why should he demoted to a usual member??

regards

dc

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I think

Infinite
or masked avatar
or vahall

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I still think Pisky would make the best mod, because as stated above, he is a very respected member of the board.

When MacKiller gets back (or IF he gets back
) he should be promoted to Super Moderator because of all the chaos he's been through with the whole password hijacking thing. Whoever did that to him should be banned for life.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think hes not long enough moderator, to get promoted to a super moderator..

I really dont know , why he should demoted to a usual member??

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Just dont put me in the pot what I seen to think is being done wrong in violation of policy I just say hey dude interject dudette where aplicable, you shouldnt aoughta do that because mods drop in an if they see you doing it even after its brought to your attention , they will likely not appreciate the continued violation.

I like the buddy system instead of minimods or lesser mods, for 2 reasons

1 advice is more often recieved easier by those who dont impose power but show respect and caring for their fellow members , by warning them there actions might be viewed as a violation. It is a peer group issue that is true here as much as in the real world.

2 mods are more confined to evenly enforce the rules and may not be allowed to warn excessively like one who is a peer , this booster in extra eyes can often through non power based advise limit involvement and the need for envolvement from mods. This however is not to say that peer advice is always taken , but if the advice isnt taken then so be it , let the mod do what they are supposed to .

We can more effecticely work through peer groups than use of power if people know they once they are given the advice and ignore it then they are subject to no warning action by mods. This being the case because a warning is usually once or twice applied by a mod then action is taken , but if a mod comes in and sees multiple warnings were already made then act immediately without further warning. I say no further warning because the person in question has already been warned and either didnt care or didnt heed the warning by blindness of temper and expression.

Peer acknolegement to jointly enforce the warning process should be more highly exploited and incouraged, a self governing peer group is more relaxed and more likely to build relations of respect and understanding , I myself before a mod even got to the issue I was rude to someone and a peer mentioned it and so I publically appologized and after being sanctioned by a mod again publically appologized to the mods as well.

I found that the appology has bettered my relations with the member I was rude to and now we can even pass jokes in our expressions , and at least on my part has no hardships still connected to that member in fact I have grown to respect that member even when we disagree I disagree with the respect do that person.

The best next mod therefore no offense to those I nominated , is the peer group.....and the peer group should be nurtured , not just theorized by some , know of by others and active in others, we need common ground.

[edit on 20/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
drbryankkruta

Good concept!

why don´t you send this on "suggestions"?

dc

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thank you to all the members who keep giving me their "vote" on being the next mod. Makes me feel welcome and respected.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
hey no prob infinite

I have had many good rounds in the forums with you and you were respectful and light hearted even when you disagreed , I think that shows a quality others should already have and what we expect from our mods , thanks for your way of doing things.

[edit on 21/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join