It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would a black hole grow in size???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
constipation?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Well light also does not have mass and gets sucked it anyways, its the fabric of space that gets bent so light cant escape it so even without mass it is trapped

They have determined that light does indeed have some infinitesimal mass.

math.ucr.edu...

it is called "relativistic mass" , mrelv
Thus p = mrelv .

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Gothmog
The more mass , the more gravity. The more gravity , the larger the event horizon becomes as the time/space fabric is warped.

For some posting on here
Not only does physics account for how a Black Hole (gravity well ) is created , they have proof of their existence.
Black Holes were even postulated to exist well before Einstein.

The theory still has some "holes" in it. Does it ever release the material, or does it keep building until everything is sucked in? Otherwise, I think a lot of us understand it the way you do. We may be looking at a portal to another side of the universe or it goes to another dimension.

Ummm...or the super massives attract and swallow one another until eventually only one remains...which having engulfed all of the matter in the universe...reaches a critical mass state that eventually leads to a big bang scenario and the creation of another universe from the ashes of the old...

Nature does love the cyclical...

Yousir

I agree with this post.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

As the black hole takes in more mass the gravity increases which increases the size of the event horizon.
It's the event horizon that is growing.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
For extra credit we should have asked Steve if the event horizon circumference gets bigger or smaller the further you are from it?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I've noticed this is a tough concept for many people.
You are correct light does have relativistic mass.

When scientists say light has no mass they really are saying light has no rest mass.
Since light is never at rest it always has relativistic mass due to it's momentum.

The famous equation E=MC^2 is actually E2 = (mc2 )2 + (pc)2. It has a term for momentum. Also the M is rest mass.

So for light E2 = (0c2)2 +(pc)2 = (pc)2.

So E = pc for rest massless radiation such as light. p is the momentum.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deluxe
a reply to: Justoneman

I've noticed this is a tough concept for many people.
You are correct light does have relativistic mass.

When scientists say light has no mass they really are saying light has no rest mass.
Since light is never at rest it always has relativistic mass due to it's momentum.

The famous equation E=MC^2 is actually E2 = (mc2 )2 + (pc)2. It has a term for momentum. Also the M is rest mass.

So for light E2 = (0c2)2 +(pc)2 = (pc)2.

So E = pc for rest massless radiation such as light. p is the momentum.

That was what my research found but we are going all Anal Science like for some I am sure. But it all makes good sense to me. The particle that never stops does not lend itself to being weighed is the simplest way to state this.

I didn't find what I was looking to find on the measurement of photons striking an object the 1st time I looked. I need to refine my search.

But here is something neat about photons,

physics.stackexchange.com...

When absorbed they turn into heat.

That makes me think there must be mass based on my earlier posts about mass = energy and of course Albert's relativity equations.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Actually meaning physicists dont know . Thus they call it "dark matter"
All matter exists in all 11 dimensions or doesnt exist at all.

Other dimension is all around and thru us., remaining undetectable because they contain no matter, only energy.

Theres really only one dimension. We are like 'confined' in the Greater Universe by our limited senses. The same way 2D people can't detect 'up'.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

No dimension has mass nor energy.

Did you just say, 'Nothing has nothing'?

Or put another way, nothing means nothing.

Welcome to the new science, anything goes...

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Whatever created supermassive black holes would have to be- well massive-I have my hare brained theories and all I can think of is Hypergiants- Giant stars that could have formed in the early universe and entered binary orbits and then collided-but unless someone has a Delorean that works (which they don't even without the flux capacitor) we won't know for certain because astrophysics is part science part history, and unless we ascend to immortality we will never know.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

imaging if you could cast a conductive net over a black hole to capture the heat and other energy coming off a black hole. it would act like a virtual dynamo. unlimited powerrrrr(in the emperor's voice) well not unlimited but allot.

accretion disk and jets included
edit on 18-3-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
black holes aren't what they think they are. If they were, all the matter in every galaxy would eventually be sucked right in.

This obviously isn't happening.

The primer fields is much closer to the truth in my opinion.

edit on 18-3-2018 by booyakasha because: video not working

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

No dimension has mass nor energy.

Did you just say, 'Nothing has nothing'?

Or put another way, nothing means nothing.

Welcome to the new science, anything goes...

As stated - No dimension has mass or energy. Mass and energy exist in all dimensions. And maybe "outside" any dimension at all.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Some of this that is being stated just happens to be one of my pet peeves.
Folks confuse the Astrology nonsense of "planes of existence" with dimensions.
Dimensions are not solid. In a very rudimentary explanation they are in-depth Cartesian Coordinates.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Bodies can orbit a black hole. Just like the Moon orbits the Earth.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
black holes aren't what they think they are. If they were, all the matter in every galaxy would eventually be sucked right in.

This obviously isn't happening.

The primer fields is much closer to the truth in my opinion.

Now I'm going to have to watch part 1. I now understand the parts of the magnetic substructure, does part 1 explain what causes them?
edit on -05:002018Sun, 18 Mar 2018 18:47:52 -050031America/Chicago000000Sun, 18 Mar 2018 18:47:52 -0500SunAmerica/ChicagoMar by PorteurDeMort because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Yes and cheese = Cheesiness.

A total conundrum.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Pictures or it does not exist.

Ah! Just messing, not expecting a picture of light. But a picture of this elusive fabric of space time would do.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
What's just as weird is that every single galaxy that we know of in observable space has a black hole in its centre.
So many "whys" out there.
I need me some "here's whys"

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekAnswers
Don't see why more scientist take that approach more. Supposedly the densest thing in the universe is a neutron star, or neutronium which is created by such a star.

And maybe were going way out of a limb here with this black hole things, and maybe its not a gateway into anything,or a portal into what not dimension. So instead of a semi mythical thing and gaping jaw into oblivion that a black hole seems to be portrayed as, it could just be some really really really heavy stuff, just a new and much denser form of matter.

But hey only one way to find out, to bad we cant like take a space ship there and see this black hole thingy, you know drop some probes into it and see what happens. Figuratively speaking, since either way its bound to be crushed like a soda can at a frat party on some guys named Bubba head, but either way would be cool to see for that split second till it disappears.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join